Originally Posted by MKtheater /forum/post/20832447

How was the cave scene?

Didnt make it that far, I paused it at 48 minutes to go for my morning walk
Now I'm excited!

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You guys don't enjoy 90% of the movies that i do because you have a flat responce. You don't notice the very low level 9Hz and below that I do. This move has plenty of stuff in it but so weak and so masked by higher frequencies, only those colorful spectrals show it. Those vids I said had about 3Hz-6Hz content, the subs barely move but I feel it...thats how I know it's there in the first place.

Just my opinion, be nice

·
Registered
175 Posts
What beast is this? and are you sure it's not male - it seems pretty dominant

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's just there's so much pressure to get as flat as possible. But really, even with mine 20dB hotter way down deep, it is soft and subtle. 10Hz and up is very overpowering while single digits are very laid back. If I had a "normal" or "proper" system I wouldn't even know the stuff was there, like everyone else, which would be tragic because it is my favorite.

Xmen Wolverine is a perfect example. That movie is PACKED with ULF but it is recorded very low while everything else is recorded very high. With mine exaggerated, there is so much more fun in it than WOTWs to me.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonitewhite /forum/post/20833955

You guys don't enjoy 90% of the movies that i do because you have a flat responce.

Or... I don't enjoy the New Daughter because it's a bad movie

My LFE isn't really flat. I don't want it to be. The only time I like perfectly flat response is in an actual theater, where the pro audio part of me won't shut up about any abnormalities in the audio system I hear.

Stuff below 15Hz is a total waste of time for me. I don't have the money to build a system that could do it at reference, and I don't have the environment to enjoy it. It would probably take a whole wall of 18's behind the screen to do it in my room.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not my favorite either, the audio is just fun for me. Most of the movies that I like have almost no bass at all... either i watch horror nd action which I HATE so i can enjoy the bass, or I watch my dark dramas that generally have nothing or very little. For the most part these days the subs dont do a whole lot, when theres a lot of output its a surprise and a treat.... but i got tired of the same ol same ol dark movies and went back to the 5Hz-15Hz Bluray thread and started at the top searching Netflix. Almost every movie I search is unavailable for live stream

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yup this movie sucks! But about as bad as most "horror" films or "scary" films.

You guys could have warned me it was 86dB hotter than the rest of the movie and that it lasted almost 4 minutes. Been a long time since the entire house was completely involved, but never for so long. I had a crowd gathering OUTSIDE MY HOUSE on the OTHER side! At first Brandy came marching in observing everything making noise, then she went back to the table like nothing was going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_s_nDj2K1Rc

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian /forum/post/20835020

Who said my FR was super flat?
My response extends to 10hz, easily. Prolly more below but who is to say how reduced it is or not?

You know what they say about making assumptions? You make an ass out of you and umption.

There are exceptions! Um, what kid of mains are you going to be running down the road? You going to be smashing cocroaches on the wall too and breaking drywall into toothpics? Exceptions.

·
Bass Enabler
21,719 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonitewhite /forum/post/20835029

There are exceptions! Um, what kid of mains are you going to be running down the road?

Something bbbiiiiiigg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonitewhite /forum/post/20835029

You going to be smashing cocroaches on the wall too and breaking drywall into toothpics? Exceptions.

Yeah.

·
Registered
20,315 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonitewhite /forum/post/0

yup this movie sucks! But about as bad as most "horror" films or "scary" films.

You guys could have warned me it was 86dB hotter than the rest of the movie and that it lasted almost 4 minutes. Been a long time since the entire house was completely involved, but never for so long. I had a crowd gathering OUTSIDE MY HOUSE on the OTHER side! At first Brandy came marching in observing everything making noise, then she went back to the table like nothing was going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_s_nDj2K1Rc

That is the part.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
For most everyone else I bet youre right, the only part worth LFE interest is the cave. Thats because youre not 20dB hot down there. I wouldn't have even known this stuff was there if I hadnt seen the blades.

My dialog at the end sucked, owell wasn't about to scrap this over that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmDj0GKDw7U

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.