AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 http://gizmodo.com/5834347/the-new-e...-now-available

The New ESPN on Xbox 360 Is Now Available

The brand spanking new, gorgeously stats heavy, live-thumbs-in-the-mini-guide having ESPN update on Xbox 360 is now available. Go get it! It's still only offered for participating cable companies that offer ESPN3 though. [Major Nelson]

·
Registered
1,464 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan /forum/post/20865879

http://gizmodo.com/5834347/the-new-e...-now-available

The New ESPN on Xbox 360 Is Now Available

The brand spanking new, gorgeously stats heavy, live-thumbs-in-the-mini-guide having ESPN update on Xbox 360 is now available. Go get it! It's still only offered for participating cable companies that offer ESPN3 though. [Major Nelson]

Awesome, I love espn3

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
updated it but now it just errors out when trying to boot up espn and goes back to dashboard

·
Registered
7,475 Posts
wowowow! it's pretty friggin awesome! they've expanded functionality in every section. it's so streamlined.

the splitscreen is awesome and works really well. you can flip back and forth between the screens easily and easily choose which to go to fullscreen.

the favorites tagging is more extensive than before

the only negative is that I can't seem to hand control via Kinect. there's still Kinect voice control and works well (which worked well and better than hand control in the first version of ESPN).

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Home now and it looks AWESOMEEEEEEEEEE!

Between this & DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket now available on PS3. I can cut off my cable subscription!

·
Registered
1,464 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan /forum/post/20866933

Home now and it looks AWESOMEEEEEEEEEE!

Between this & DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket now available on PS3. I can cut off my cable subscription!

Have you heard any news on the PS3 sunday ticket getting a discount..... $350 is pretty steep

·
Registered
1,464 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjr39 /forum/post/20867122

Does it have more football? (not handegg, I mean real football)

ESPN3 has a lot of Serie A, Bundesliga and La Liga games. Only problem with La Liga is that they alternate Real Madrid (Evil Empire) games and FC Barcelona games weekly, so if you are a Barcelona fan (raises hand), you have to stream via other not so great sources every other week.

It also has about one EPL game per week.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
don't like it. hate how when it loads it goes straight into showing a live sporting event instead of letting me choose what I want to watch.

Also ESPN Soccernet Press Pass is no longer available.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
20,517 Posts
I'd call it pretty awful. The interface is confusing and strange and it forgot my favorite sports.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Looks pretty cool to me, gonna have to play around with it some more. Looks like video quality is lower than HD direct from ESPN (not on 360)

·
Registered
20,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibble89 /forum/post/20867911

Are UFC fights shown on this?

No Mixed Martial Arts. Just International Judu, International Karate, US Taekwondo and World Taekwondo (and, of course, Boxing).

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Wow. Kind of a step back if you ask me. I like the splits screen, but the interface blows.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
ESPN has said that it's made for college football lovers with the split screen, ticker, etc...

none of which I care about. In fact I hate tickers and anything else that clutters the screen.

·
Registered
20,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahartig /forum/post/20868340

Wow. Kind of a step back if you ask me. I like the splits screen, but the interface blows.

It's also become one of the very few application GUIs which is non-conformant to the look and feel of the Dashboard. It's a really, really horrible design, IMNSHO.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
I love the new interface. The split screen is awesome. The ability to now pin your favorite team is a great addition. It makes using the Kinect with ESPN more functional. I think they need one button dedicated to moving back to the main content screen, but everything else is pretty cool.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammybastard /forum/post/20868847

ESPN has said that it's made for college football lovers with the split screen, ticker, etc...

none of which I care about. In fact I hate tickers and anything else that clutters the screen.

It's gonna be Awesome with a Capital "A" for college football... If you're not so much into that, then yeah I can see where this isn't too exciting.

·
Banned
2,443 Posts
Is Monday Night Football going to be on it? Nope. Any shows like Around The Horn or PTI or NFL Live etc etc? Nope. Any live or even delayed streams of Mike and Mike etc? Nope. Judo, soccer, lacrosse, who cares about that stuff?

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.