AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The New Halo Trilogy Has a Name
View Source

While the ten year birthday of Halo: Combat Evolved and the upcoming Halo CE Anniversary release are clearly the focus of the first Halo Fest at this year's Penny Arcade Expo, the continuing adventures of the Master Chief aren't far from anyone's mind. At 343i's Halo 4 panel on Saturday morning, Josh Holmes discussed the impending Halo trilogy and revealed the name of the upcoming three-game series: the Reclaimer Trilogy.

·
Registered
8,135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami /forum/post/0

since bungie is out, so am i!!!

Bungie's take on this series was getting a bit tired-- Reach is a good game but shows obvious signs of fatigue. I for one am interested to see what a new developer with some fresh ideas can bring to this series.

·
Registered
876 Posts
It seemed to me a lot of people left halo after blips came out. :,(

I made so many custom maps too. I hope not a lot of people abandon this game so soon.

·
Registered
7,475 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x /forum/post/20878583

Bungie's take on this series was getting a bit tired-- Reach is a good game but shows obvious signs of fatigue. I for one am interested to see what a new developer with some fresh ideas can bring to this series.

I agree. Fresh blood is not necessarily bad. Maybe go for a more realistic, less colorful Halo.

As long as 343 Industries is not thinking, "how would Bungie do it?", they could go far and take the franchise in a nice new direction.

Bungie was trapped by their own success. People would think why tinker with a successful formula. And that's how franchises die slow deaths. Look at Final Fantasy.

But 343 isn't tied to that restriction. they can come up with new bad guys. new scenarios.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami /forum/post/20877698

this is why I'm in. bungie created the same game 4 times in a row....

·
Registered
711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threefiddie /forum/post/20883880

this is why I'm in. bungie created the same game 4 times in a row....

Pretty much. As long as there is no more Flood I'm in.

·
Registered
222 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami /forum/post/20877698

343 has a lot of the people from the original Bungie team that created Halo CE and Halo 2.

Frank O'Conner and his team are saving Halo Reach with their title updates, so I couldn't be more excited for Halo 4. 343 is more Bungie than Bungie themselves. They really fell over their feet with this game and lack of support following its release.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLove23 /forum/post/20888220

343 has a lot of the people from the original Bungie team that created Halo CE and Halo 2.

Frank O'Conner and his team are saving Halo Reach with their title updates, so I couldn't be more excited for Halo 4. 343 is more Bungie than Bungie themselves. They really fell over their feet with this game and lack of support following its release.

Almost seems like microsoft was like " we have to have this because we are lacking exclusives" bungie- "but we don't wanna! we are tired of halo!" microsoft- "we'll just take halo3 improve the textures add armor lock make new maps and create a crappy single player and you can be on your way"

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime
Bungie was trapped by their own success. People would think why tinker with a successful formula. And that's how franchises die slow deaths. Look at Final Fantasy.
OR... 343 feels even more trapped, because any attempts to change things will result in fans being upset that 343 ruined Bungie's baby.

Honestly, it is too soon to tell. I thought Reach was the worst game in the series to date, and I hope #4 picks up where #3 left off.

·
Registered
317 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by number1laing /forum/post/20889144

OR... 343 feels even more trapped, because any attempts to change things will result in fans being upset that 343 ruined Bungie's baby.

Honestly, it is too soon to tell. I thought Reach was the worst game in the series to date, and I hope #4 picks up where #3 left off.

I don't think alot of people share your sentiment on that. Most people agree (that I have seen) that Halo Reach is the best in the series since CE. then 2 then 3.

·
Registered
7,475 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsimm2 /forum/post/20892687

I don't think alot of people share your sentiment on that. Most people agree (that I have seen) that Halo Reach is the best in the series since CE. then 2 then 3.

In terms of online play, I think Halo 2 was the most highly regarded. Halo 1 multiplayer was pretty bare bones. Not only the feature set, but the availability of players. Sure, if you could cram 16 people into a room. But XBL was in its infancy back in the day.

You still see a ton of people playing Halo 2 over XBConnect or Xlink Kai.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I hope they come out with Reach and ODST for the PC.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.