AVS Forum banner

26881 - 26900 of 27601 Posts

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
I agree with your assessment of this film.:D Bass, Bass and more Bass with that DTS Neural track or DTS-X (not sure which) was indeed amazing. Even the surround speakers were given a great work out. The bd disc is now in my collection. :D
Loved the movie.

There was in part early on with a dog that scared the crap out of me and my wife.

When the movie was over and the credits rolling were rolling our power went out and on several times, it was kind of creepy!

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,809 Posts
Yes I have a couple of times. It's nice but...often really crowded. It's right next to Fresno State College and Save Mart Center.

Rather drive to LA..... and it's better there anyway. :p

I'll be going back tomorrow to see Rogue One two more times. :D It's short notice but maybe next time I go down there you should come with me. I can pick you up along the way.
Two MORE times? What does that bring the count to? Daggum, that's some dedication son! Did you just go back to back? I don't know if I could do that.

Don't Breath

Reports are dead on:eek: the level was off the charts and so were the rooms buzzes and rattles (which I thought I tamed:rolleyes::D)The constant pressure was nice and every bass hit rang true. It's a 2016 top five for sure.

Sony pictures seems to have an aversion to filters and Kudos to them:cool:
Anyone want to let me borrow that one? :D I don't forsee it being a repeat disc, but would love to see it.

·
Bass Enabler
21,536 Posts
Two MORE times? What does that bring the count to? Daggum, that's some dedication son! Did you just go back to back? I don't know if I could do that.

Anyone want to let me borrow that one? :D I don't forsee it being a repeat disc, but would love to see it.
Saw it once last Monday at my local theater. 2nd viewing was Friday night in Century City at an AMC Dolby Cinema. 3rd viewing the next morning in Hollywood at the TCL Chinese IMAX.

I do this mostly because I like the technology involved in these theaters, not because I absolutely love the movie or anything. It was good but...

I'm done... til it's out on video. :p

·
Registered
297 Posts
I watched suicide squad theatrical edition and extended edition and I must say the extended edition has considerable more bass. Anyone got and graphs to support my claim? Anybody else feel this also?

·
Registered
12,770 Posts
^^^

The Accountant had some of the best (and most impact-ful) gunshot sounds I have ever heard on film!

·
Registered
12,770 Posts
^^^

It certainly didn't hurt. :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
^^^

The Accountant had some of the best (and most impact-ful) gunshot sounds I have ever heard on film!
You beat me to it @Alan P. Just finished watching this movie and was coming here to check if someone else had commented about it.

The gunshots were fantastic, as best as I have heard(maybe John Wick...) Clean impactful bass... absolutely loved it. I wonder what Hz most of that is since my cap1400 sounded great.

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
Not sure what I missed? I did watch it but didnot find first class stuff. Could you provide some insight ? Thx
My opinion of course:)

But what stood out was the overall sound design which placed effects just about perfectly and the timing was impeccable with the on screen material, in addition the dialog and bass lacked nothing! The picture quality and most importantly the story itself due to those carefully crafted production elements was able to elicited a cinematic experience for myself and the family.

On another note, I just finished The BFG(Big Friendly Giant) and loved it as well! The footfalls were just great and had plenty of bass variation;)

·
Registered
935 Posts
My opinion of course:)

But what stood out was the overall sound design which placed effects just about perfectly and the timing was impeccable with the on screen material, in addition the dialog and bass lacked nothing! The picture quality and most importantly the story itself due to those carefully crafted production elements was able to elicited a cinematic experience for myself and the family.

On another note, I just finished The BFG(Big Friendly Giant) and loved it as well! The footfalls were just great and had plenty of bass variation;)
Thanks audiofan1 for these insight. I will check it out again. Also good to hear BFG.

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
I have 'Sully' on deck to finish off 2016 and have heard its well done,hoping it will be the icing on the cake for a good run of movies this year.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I have 'Sully' on deck to finish off 2016 and have heard its well done,hoping it will be the icing on the cake for a good run of movies this year.
I really enjoyed sully. Great movie IMO.

I have a ton of movies to watch again now that the t18s arrived. He'll I might not even go out on new years. Just BASS ALL WEEKEND! LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
I really enjoyed sully. Great movie IMO.

I have a ton of movies to watch again now that the t18s arrived. He'll I might not even go out on new years. Just BASS ALL WEEKEND! LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Sweet on Sully!

I've been watching your adventure (fuuny I just posted over on the PSA thread) And Umm! you couldn't pry me out of the house for a week with those babies, besides! you can set the New Year off with a Boom and a Bang:laugh:

·
Registered
120 Posts
The big weapons used by the accountant is some $hit you see the Decepticons in transformers using lmao, and they sound just a big. Also this is the first time I've ever heard such an impact from weapons in a film.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Where can I get a copy of the accountant, I have the release date down at 10th Jan

26881 - 26900 of 27601 Posts