AVS Forum banner

15501 - 15520 of 27613 Posts

·
Bass Enabler
21,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloneranger  /t/1333462/the-new-master-list-of-bass-in-movies-with-frequency-charts/15480#post_24514547

just watched a high school classic with my dual pb2000s. long title..... dont be a menace to south central la while drinking your juice in the hood. it was a wayans bros. spoof of all the hood movies of the 90s. its humor is not for most but i was surprised as how good it sounds thru my setup
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambesolman  /t/1333462/the-new-master-list-of-bass-in-movies-with-frequency-charts/15480#post_24515177

"Hurry up and buy!"

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Folks need to stop misinterpreting sheer output for dynamics.

A truly dynamic track provides an interesting usage of both loud and soft; which also permits the usage of deeper and more authoritative bass range and output.

Often when I see folks describe their impressions of soundtracks and use 'aggressive' that often means limited dynamic range due to excessive compression.

I prefer a mix that actually utilizes more of the available dynamic range effectively for a far more compelling and engaging audio experience than one that constantly hammers my ears with 6-12 dbs of limited dynamic range.

Attack and release seems to be a forgotten mixing technique, just always keep the levels as high as possible. Where can I get my relief?

Best Regards

KvE

·
Registered
829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMFDMvsEnya  /t/1333462/the-new-master-list-of-bass-in-movies-with-frequency-charts/15480#post_24516796

Folks need to stop misinterpreting sheer output for dynamics.

A truly dynamic track provides an interesting usage of both loud and soft; which also permits the usage of deeper and more authoritative bass range and output.

Often when I see folks describe their impressions of soundtracks and use 'aggressive' that often means limited dynamic range due to excessive compression.

I prefer a mix that actually utilizes more of the available dynamic range effectively for a far more compelling and engaging audio experience than one that constantly hammers my ears with 6-12 dbs of limited dynamic range.

Attack and release seems to be a forgotten mixing technique, just always keep the levels as high as possible. Where can I get my relief?

Best Regards

KvE

I like the scenes where the sound quickly goes from very quiet to loud. They have that jump-factor. You know, like in the horror movies when the people start walking backward.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Deplace  /t/1333462/the-new-master-list-of-bass-in-movies-with-frequency-charts/15510#post_24517848

I like the scenes where the sound quickly goes from very quiet to loud. They have that jump-factor. You know, like in the horror movies when the people start walking backward.

Good example would be Insidious

Reactions: audiofan1

·
Registered
477 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bori  /t/1333462/the-new-master-list-of-bass-in-movies-with-frequency-charts/15480#post_24516913

OZ had pictures coming off the wall how strong the bass is in the movie.

Yes indeed. One movie I really, really liked the audio on. Some killer bass scenes in this movie for sure. Not a movie I feel like watching twice...... even with the evil Mila Kunis. Maybe it was the make up? When the witch gives that green blast from the wand its insane bass!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPBURNS  /t/1333462/the-new-master-list-of-bass-in-movies-with-frequency-charts/14160#post_24351310

little off topic watched some nice music/documentaries recently - Sound City and Marley -both sounded superb in lossless .

hearing Marley in DTSMA amazing - best his stuff ever sounded
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheYC  /t/1333462/the-new-master-list-of-bass-in-movies-with-frequency-charts/15120#post_24425329

I watched Through the Never a few nights ago, what an awesome audio track! that bass drum was hitting nicely.

picked up both "marley" and "through the never" yesterday...

between babysitting granddaughter and watching the Dayton Flyers advance to the sweet 16, i didn't get to check either of 'em out...

hope to get a chance to crank at least one today....!

·
Registered
4,370 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter  /t/1333462/the-new-master-list-of-bass-in-movies-with-frequency-charts/15480#post_24512038

Yep same here. Gravity actually put me to sleep. Very boring Zzzzzz
I agree, I thought Gravity was the biggest joke next to Argo.

·
Banned
8,184 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27  /t/1333462/the-new-master-list-of-bass-in-movies-with-frequency-charts/15510#post_24518845

Id hate to know what you think is a good movie lol

·
Registered
75" Samsung Q80R QLED, Denon AVR3300, Revel F36, C25, W263, FV15HP x 2, ATV4K, Sony Blu Ray, Harmony
7,840 Posts

·
Registered
6,224 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27  /t/1333462/the-new-master-list-of-bass-in-movies-with-frequency-charts/15510#post_24518845

It was a waste of my time watching this movie. I immediately deleted it after viewing. This is why movie is subjective, some loves this movie.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong  /t/1333462/the-new-master-list-of-bass-in-movies-with-frequency-charts/15510#post_24518940

It was a waste of my time watching this movie. I immediately deleted it after viewing. This is why movie is subjective, some loves this movie.
It would not say it was a waste of time, but clearly overhyped. The only other movie I would say I was duped on was the Blair witch project. What a joke that was, I think it is still in the top 20 all time grossing movies. It had what a $600K budget and in the end a quarter billion worldwide. All for the worst movie ever made IMO.

Going to watch Frozen later this afternoon.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts

Quote:

what did u thunk of "napoleon dynamite"...?

·
Registered
4,789 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthandluke  /t/1333462/the-new-master-list-of-bass-in-movies-with-frequency-charts/15510#post_24519079

I loved it.

"I like your sleeves. They're real big."

·
Registered
4,370 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthandluke  /t/1333462/the-new-master-list-of-bass-in-movies-with-frequency-charts/15510#post_24519079

Loved it, I cannot believe there was not a second. Dude turned down allot of money for pride.

·
Banned
8,184 Posts
I actually love Napoleon dynamite as well,

Bet you 5 dollars I can throw this football over them mountains

·
Registered
16,890 Posts
Funny how subjective movies are. I have watched Gravity 4 times since I got the blu ray!
Don't think I have ever done that. I loved the deeper story beneath the surface events. The audio/LFE was fantastic and the 3d was pretty solid IMO. It all came together for one of the all too rare hits on all cylinders HT experiences for me.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe  /t/1333462/the-new-master-list-of-bass-in-movies-with-frequency-charts/15510#post_24519180

Funny how subjective movies are. I have watched Gravity 4 times since I got the blu ray!
Don't think I have ever done that. I loved the deeper story beneath the surface events. The audio/LFE was fantastic and the 3d was pretty solid IMO. It all came together for one of the all too rare hits on all cylinders HT experiences for me.

i am solidly in this camp...

did not see it in 3D tho...

15501 - 15520 of 27613 Posts