AVS Forum banner

17481 - 17500 of 27603 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Best option would be to go to a Radio Shack and buy their analog SPL meter. I got mine about a year ago for $30. It's not PRO level but you really don't need that for at home. They also have a digital SPL meter for around $45-$50

·
Banned
2,106 Posts
Best option would be to go to a Radio Shack and buy their analog SPL meter. I got mine about a year ago for $30. It's not PRO level but you really don't need that for at home. They also have a digital SPL meter for around $45-$50
thanks. can you send me a link for that?yes i dont need the expensive one too.

·
Banned
2,106 Posts

·
Banned
2,106 Posts
Those should work perfectly, that is the same model that I have.
thanks.the one that you have is the analog? okay maybe i will get the analog.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Have u guys tried Oculus. Has my house rattling.
I have only scene the trailer and thought it could be a bass monster once on BD. What do you think of the over all movie ?

·
Registered
830 Posts
Watched The Raid 2 last night and enjoyed the fight scenes as well as the bass. Also if I need any carpentry done I'll be sure to call the girl who can use two hammers. :D:D

This was good for bass but for me I still like the body blow bass hit's from The Grand Master and I still have to watch The Man With The Iron Fists to hear the bass in that movie.
The Grand Master was awesome with those body blows and such !! Will check out The Raid 2 next weekend.:D

Reactions: discone

·
Registered
1,906 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Have u guys tried Oculus. Has my house rattling.
Nope not yet! Added it to the must see list after watching the preview. Glad to hear it has the bass and it was not just for show in the preview. On the BD just watched seen the preview for Transcendence and it had a lot of LFE. I hope it keeps it when it comes to BD.

Reactions: Ray77085

·
Banned
16,643 Posts
Question for the true hardcore bass 'freeks'.

Question: What is the Lowest bass frequency (in Hertz) that the very best subwoofer(s) can reproduce accurately with less than 10% distortion (THD) and @ 110 dB+ level in a medium sized room (20 by 14 by 8 feet)? ...Any type of sub design is good, even a rotary type or one as big as your house (mansion, or palace). ...And if the room is bigger than the one I gave here as an example, it's all just fine.
And price, it just don't matter, ...all it matters is the "tremor".

Number 2 : What is the recording (music or movie) with the lowest frequency ever recorded?

Number 3 : None for now.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Nope not yet! Added it to the must see list after watching the preview. Glad to hear it has the bass and it was not just for show in the preview. On the BD just watched seen the preview for Transcendence and it had a lot of LFE. I hope it keeps it when it comes to BD.
Transcendence was also good

·
Registered
830 Posts
I liked the conjuring better. Bass was very strong that I had lower volume from my normal listening for oculus.
NICE !!!
I will have to wait on REDBOX . :( Do you think it's worth a blind buy for the BASS ? I don't want to use Directv because of compression, I like everything on BD and played in the BD player.

17481 - 17500 of 27603 Posts