AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so what are the odds of getting the Super Bowl without Cable in NY? Anyone in Westchester getting WTNH? I'm getting a huge antenna and giving it a go. Shopuld I add a Pre-amp?

·
Registered
23 Posts
gigzz,

Thats outstanding, what type of set-up do you have?

My antenna installer is coming on Sat.

I'm on LI and was wondering if I had any shot at getting WTNH.

Steve

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a $29 radio shack antenna and a rotor, about 5' above roof line (two story house), with a Toshiba dst-3000 stb. I know most of north shore has no problem getting full signal, not sure about southshore.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I get WTNH around 89% no problems at all on the south shore.

Can you get WCTX? it is on the same tower as WTNH.

·
Registered
23 Posts
 Ct. stations can be seen here with tower location, power and lots of other info.

Antenna guy coming on Sat. HOPING to get the CT. ABC in HDTV (HELLO MNF and Super Bowl). Its a LONG way to Rockville Centre, but you guys have me taking a shot until ABC gets onto the ESB in April of 2003.

Later

·
Registered
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by lomax
I get WTNH around 89% no problems at all on the south shore.

Can you get WCTX? it is on the same tower as WTNH.
I get nothing on WCTX. Do you get anything?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Gigzz.

Yes I get WCTX it is in the 70-80 range. I do have to point my ant. farther east then WTNH. Why I do not know, as I thought it should be the same as WTNH, but I can get WTNH over a 50% arc. so WCTX might just be a little less forgiving on the direction.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hmm--Rockville Center is getting pretty South Shore. I had difficulty getting it here in the Huntington area..until I replaced my DTC-100. I believe it had something to do with multipath rejection.

·
Registered
23 Posts
jfried1399 and PeterMR,

Sad to report, only HD I'm currently getting is CBS and Fox.

Spoke to ABC tech guy, they'll be up in April '03.

Spoke to WNET (PBS) and they're on a building with antenna on SOUTH side of building pointing towards Jersey.

So far, no luck in getting any CT stations but will try and update if anything changes.

For what its worth, the pic in HD looks fantastic.

I have:

Mits 65819 TV

Samsung SIRT151 HD receiver

Channelmaster 4248 roof-mounted antenna on CM rotor.

Let me know if you have any questions. (I'm on Lakeview across from middle school)

Happy New Year

·
Registered
434 Posts
I'm in Baldwin and I only get CBS and Fox. But (for now anyway, rumor has it that it will not be on much longer.) I get HBO, MSG and Foxsport-HD from the cable modem line.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.