AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking for a couple of weeks and this is my first post.

Anyway, have you guys seen the new Sharp rear projections? 61rwp5h and 55rwp5h. I had heard a lot about them and last week I finally saw it with my own eyes. Wow. Even better than I thought. The best line doubler I've ever seen. Sharper, crisper and brighter than even the Pioneer Elite 710. And get this. $3799 for the 61" model. Mine is being delivered tomorrow. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

These sets are hard to find right now, but it's worth the effort if you're in the market for one.

·
Registered
268 Posts
If you want to see an outrageously good TV - also better than the Elite - check out the Zenith models with the 9" CRTs. Incredibly sharp and detailed picture and has received excellent reviews. But you'll pay for that luxury - more than the Elite and significantly more than the Sharp. It runs for C$10K, not sure what in the US. So it better be good! http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif

Congrats on your new purchase!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just bought the 61" Sharp (for $3,400 by the way)and the picture is GREAT. The smart stretch works very well and I love the color detail. I don't know much about other sets but this one sure seems to have a lot of features and good quality.

·
Premium Member
11,869 Posts
The Pioneer Elite and Mits Diamond are still far superior sets to the Sharp. Neale, do some homework on the true resolutions and hardware that is used to build these sets and you will see why. Its great you are happy with your set and that does count for alot, but unless you see the actual facts and do a side by side comparision with other sets out there you can be quick to come to a conclusion.

I have seen many sets on display by themselves that look great by themselves. But when the same set was put next to a superior set such as the Elite or Diamond series, I was amazed at the difference. There are many different factors that make a superior picture. Do some searches on this site and you will see the "whole picture". Even the Elite and Diamond series with 7" guns get blown away by a set with 9" guns. For your price range it sounds like your getting a good set for that range. Step up a few grand in price and you can see a difference in quality and so on. Good luck with your new set!

------------------

Kipp

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.