AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
9,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my two new 12" TC Sounds drivers that I purchased off of Jack's site. Nice looking drivers. Here are some pics.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Made similar the the Sound Splinter RLP series, except it has a larger magnet and a little more xmax. I will through them in the small (34L) sealed boxes that I have up front and maybe later make new boxes for them.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
WOW, yea $100 each isnt bad at all. Those are scary looking! So whats the scoop on them? How are they suppose to do in sealed or ported alignments? Specs etc...

·
Registered
901 Posts
How did you get them so cheap?

·
Banned
9,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by reecew /forum/post/18258127

WOW, yea $100 each isnt bad at all. Those are scary looking! So whats the scoop on them? How are they suppose to do in sealed or ported alignments? Specs etc...

They work well in a small sealed box. Here are the specs for each driver.

Re 0.7 0.7

Fs 28.94 28.94

Qes 0.58 0.59

Qms 6.65 6.60

Le 0.19 0.20

Mms (g) 415.9 414.5

Vas (cu ft) 0.837 0.839

Spl (1w/1m) 81.9 81.7

xmax is right around 1.25".

·
Banned
9,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Supply /forum/post/18258150

How did you get them so cheap?

Off of Jack Hidley's site. Shipping is kind of high, but still it a good deal especially for that quality of a driver.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hmmmmm, could get 5 of those for the price of two decent 18's....

*starts modeling*

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
Those are sweet, what a find !! Keeps the pics coming from the build. Will you use a small sealed enclosure ? Do plan on using them for HT or music or both ? A pair of Crown K2's would really enjoy powering those

KG

·
Banned
9,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgveteran /forum/post/18262490

Those are sweet, what a find !! Keeps the pics coming from the build. Will you use a small sealed enclosure ? Do plan on using them for HT or music or both ? A pair of Crown K2's would really enjoy powering those

KG

I have a couple of small subs up front that have 10" NHT xdw drivers in them with plate amps. I will enlarge the opening for the 12" drivers and plate over the amp opening. They will be powered by a Nady XA-2100. Here is a pic of one of the subs (right below JTR T8) with the 10" driver in it right now.

[/IMG]

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Damn, truely jealous here. Going OT but how awesome do those JTR 8's sound? Not cheap at all, maybe for what you get its justifiable! I know theyre suppose to be great i would love to hear a set myself. I have never had the chance to hear a good coaxial speaker in a HT setting.

·
Banned
9,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by reecew /forum/post/18263933

Damn, truely jealous here. Going OT but how awesome do those JTR 8's sound? Not cheap at all, maybe for what you get its justifiable! I know theyre suppose to be great i would love to hear a set myself. I have never had the chance to hear a good coaxial speaker in a HT setting.

I use them for HT only. I am not a big music person. I love them for HT. My speakers used to not be able to keep up with my subs. Now my subs can't keep up with my speakers. That is why I am upgrading two of the five subs. I like a multiple sub approach. Room is too small for two or three THT subs and I already have several pretty good subs, so I am just upgrading drivers and power.

Go to the JTR tread and see if anybody near you owns JTR's. I am sure that they would be happy to let you listen to their system.

·
Registered
26,476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reecew /forum/post/18263933

JTRs are really not that expensive, especially if you catch used ones on sale. I remember seeing a whole set of them for under $2K once!!

·
Banned
9,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by penngray /forum/post/18264945

JTRs are really not that expensive, especially if you catch used ones on sale. I remember seeing a whole set of them for under $2K once!!

Yes, if you come across the right situation you can get them very reasonable. I was going to buy the Tweak City Audio Pro-10's, but I came across a good deal on the JTR's and got them instead. I am talking econowave price point.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Looks good ..but your pictures suck..

·
Registered
7,537 Posts
You definitely have to blow out the pictures for any sort of detail to show up in a darkened room like that. I'm jealous of the room for sure!

·
Banned
9,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanaris /forum/post/18325055

Looks good ..but your pictures suck..

If I take a picture up near the front of the room the flash is bright enough for the picture to show up, but if I try to take a picture of the front stage, from the back of the room, the flash is not near bright enough for the image to show up. The three 65 watt floods, located right above the screen are on full also. It is a flat black room with a black floor. All speakers and panels up front are black also. I have to adjust the picture just so that anything can be seen. Sucks for pictures, but it sure is nice for black level with my DC3 DLP projector.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts