AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are they?

The only one I can think of that's in the near future is Halo Wars. Alan Wake is suppose to be next month, but other than the fact it was originally planned for a couple years ago I know nothing about this game. Ghostbusters is somewhere down the line, if it's not in Limbo again.

So, are we going to be big-title starved for a while after we got a splurge last fall?

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Halo3: ODST is all I know.

I know this is offtopic, but on the PS3 side of the house.. Killzone2!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
422 Posts
A few that I'm looking forward to in the next couple of months:

Skate 2 (1/21)

LOtR: Conquest (1/13)

F.E.A.R. 2 (2/10)

Sacred 2 (2/17)

Star Ocean (2/24)

Halo Wars (3/3)

These dates are from HERE , so I'm not sure if they are confirmed dates.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Not sure on the 360 side of things but like it was said. there is a MMORPG coming to the 360 I am very interested in, the name escapes me at the moment but it looked very good. And conan from PC is supposed to make it to 360 as a mmorpg..looking forward to that if indeed it happens

ps3 side

killzone2

uncharted2

·
Registered
589 Posts
i was definitely looking at:

The sims 3(pc) feb 16th

street fighter 4(multi) Feb 17th

Killzone 2 (ps3) Feb 29th

Yakuza 3(ps3 import)

halo wars(xbox) March 3rd

re5(multi) March 13th

And alan wake is in no way coming out next month(i wish
).

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
Obviously Killzone 2 is the "hyped game" of the moment.

I believe Portal 2 is for 2009, but I'm not sure how "big" of a game you would consider that, and it's certainly not coming in the next couple of months (personally, it's huge for me when it does drop).

Oh, Bioshock 2 and Mass Effect 2 are both hitting this year, I think.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Resident Evil 5. It's all about Resident Evil 5.

·
Registered
565 Posts
It won't be until September before I finish my backlog of Fable 2, Dead Space, Fallout 3, and Gears 2. I also want to get back and play more Halo 3, Orange Box and even Oblivion.

I am actually happy there's a slight drought in games to start 2009. I have plenty to play and it saves my wallet some strain.

·
Registered
233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan S /forum/post/15552069

It won't be until September before I finish my backlog of Fable 2, Dead Space, Fallout 3, and Gears 2. I also want to get back and play more Halo 3, Orange Box and even Oblivion.

I am actually happy there's a slight drought in games to start 2009. I have plenty to play and it saves my wallet some strain.

I agree. Still having fun with Left 4 Dead and revisiting Half Life 2 on the Orange Box. (Never got around to finishing the Xbox version.) Tons of time with RB2 as well. Haven't really spent much time with Gears 2 either. Definitely want to pick up Fable 2 and Fallout 3. Plus I'll probably get RE5 and the GTA DLC. So many great games that I'm really on a buying moratorium.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Still got stacks of games to get through: GTA4 , Dead Space and Far Cry 2 will have to wait until I get back from travelling. Hope I can get Fallout 3 done before I go.

·
Registered
16,859 Posts
I am looking forward to Riddick Dark Athena in April .

- Jason

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
FEAR 2 and KZ2 are the only "big" games coming out soon IMHO...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts