-Progressive Scanning with 3:2 pull down

-DVI inputs

I personally feel we'll see next is multiple DVI inputs and then combination

IEEE 1394 and DVI inputs. Then afterward a complete Audio/Video

Network using IEEE 1394. I know certain products exist today with some

or all of these new technologies (Pioneer x30's with multiple DVI, Mits with

IEEE 1394 Network, Hit with both kinds of inputs), but they are only a few

models of over a hundred that are being produced. I like to see your

response of what will be on the majority of TV models in the years to come.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I'm happy that my new TV has most if not all of that. Now I just wish I had a crystal ball.

Could TV's benefit at all from Cat5 I/O for home networking perhaps?

·
Registered
216 Posts
UltraWideband and the WiMedia Alliance standards should be looked at for the future of home AudioVideo networking via a wireless network. Also, Universal Plug N Play may start gaining momentum.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
RJ-45 connection for troubleshooting with manufacturers and for automatic updates on firmware, sounds like a plan to me :)

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Built in ATSC tuners.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rogo
Built in ATSC tuners.
I'm already using mine :D I agree and think it will become the norm soon rather than be limited to just a few models like it is now.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I think the next big non-eletronic thing is anti-glare screen. eletronic-wise, it might be built-in tivo/replay player.

rich

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
The most important thing for the adoption of HDTV is larger screens. I believe a minimum of 60 inches is needed for any appreciation of HD.

Plasma and LCD screens starting to make a difference but are still too expensive.

To get a picture larger than 60 inches, one must go to FP. Machines like the Infocus X1 are starting to make this affordable and feasible for the average consumer.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Rlsmith: I am quite appreciative of HD at 50". In fact, it often takes my breath away. You need to come by some time and take a look at the new setup.

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
I love the GLV technology, but it looks like we won't see it in visual displays for a while. Too bad. I'm the impatient type! FP may only be a couple of years down the road, though. 360 degree circular projection! Wow!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I will be going to the CES show here in Las Vegas, January 9th. Hope to find out what the future has in store for HDTV. If I hear anything interesting, I will post.

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Get me some brochures? I love brochures! If I can't be there, at least I can look at the pretty pictures.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.