Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is up with that?????

I think that this might qualify as one of the signs of the coming of the apocolypse.

;)

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
VeggieTales is very popular with the under 10 set.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jamoka
I refuse to watch it if it's not OAR.

Joe
Refuse to watch it anyway Joe. Otherwise you'll soon find yourself humming or singing the Veggie Tales theme song throughout your days. My tots are 4-1/2 and 3. For about a month, that's all they wanted to watch. Now the song is burned into a previously unused portion of my brain. Oh the horror!

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
OAR? You mean Original Aspect Radishes? BTW, I think the veggietales were freeviews on Directv for a few months a bit back. Horrid looking stuff! Sangs, man I feel for ya.

-Trouble

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I think the point is that most children don't care if it is IN HD or not. YOu could rent the dvd or pay for it on the regularu ppv channel and they wouldn't notice so why do they think anyone would pay for the HD version?

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Sangs,

I cannot seem to get the tune from "Harold and the Purple Crayon" out of my head. My son is 3 1/2 and he just loves to imagine like Harold.

Seriously if anyone has ever seen "harold" on HBO Family, it's pretty cute, and the guy that sings the theme song, sounds alot like Barenaked Ladies.

·
Banned
3,772 Posts
I have 3 year old twins.

Theme songs coming out of my ears!

Yes, Harold... A little Curious, Maisy, Kipper, Dora the Explorer, Monsters Inc.

The (fun) theme from PBS's "7 Little Monsters" *is* sung by parts of the "Barenaked Ladies"
http://pbskids.org/bookwormbunch/SevenLMPromo1.mov

Also, the Lilo and Stitch movie has some fun Elvins and Hawaiin music... Not just mindless toddler stuff.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Quote:
Doesn't VeggieTales belong on some religious channel?

Although I agree airing this movie is a waste of bandwidth as far as HDTV is concerned, I take a little bit of an issue with that statement. The Veggietales movie was a theatrical release- the implication of the statement that it only belongs on some religious channel is akin to saying it only belonged in some religious cinema.

Andrew B.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Quote:
The (fun) theme from PBS's "7 Little Monsters" *is* sung by parts of the "Barenaked Ladies"
Their mouths, I hope. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.