Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due out on Monday it contains articles about:

HDTV Prices Will Be Dropping, Are Analog Sets for Dummies?

The Latest Insider News on the NYC HDTV Stations

Special Added Exclusive: HDTV Movies You Can Buy! (Very Soon) I am talking about real Hollywood Movies you will be able to buy, beautifully transferred to 1080i!!!!!!

I will also release this Monday the first Business Edition of The HDTVinsider Newsletter. It will contain my other Exclusive:

The Real Story About HD NET-The HDTV Insider Interviews Mark Cuban

In it Mark reveals new details about his new all High Definition Network -HDNet. This is a must read for industry people especially those employed by Cable,Broadcast,Satellite, Programing or Marketing Companies.

This is your last chance to subscribe for free to the consumer edition, just go to www.hdtvinsider.com

[This message has been edited by Gary Merson (edited 09-21-2001).]

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
Gary, please send me both.

Thanks,

Ken

------------------

"Better living thru modern, expensive electronics devices"

tm

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The first business edition, my exclusive interview with Mark Cuban will be sent free to the industry related businesses in my subscriber data base. If anyone in the industry wants to be on the list make sure you use your business industry related e-mail address such as abc.com or arbitron.com etc. when subscribing.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Why does there have to be two editions? Consumers would like to read the Mark Cuban interview too!

------------------

Vic Ruiz
STOP HDCP/DFAST/5C

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
Gary, please be sure to put me on the list for both, too,

and if you're ever interested in being my Special Guest at the AVS Special Guests forum, please e-mail me and I'll schedule you. You're doing a great job with the HDTV Insider.

------------------

Steve Bruzonsky

·
Registered
638 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Bogney Baux:
I never received issue 15. That was supposed to be about DirecTV's and Echostar's plans. Was it released?
I never got mine either...what gives?

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Actually, that was issue 14, which dealt with DirecTV and Echostar's copy protection plans. I got that in early August.

------------------

Vic Ruiz
STOP HDCP/DFAST/5C

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Gary,

I have subscribed twice now, and each time receive the newsletter, but not the next months. Any idea why I'm not staying current?

-Mike

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
same here register the get a newsletter then not the next issues.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Hmmm. Me three. I also received the newsletter after I subscribed, but haven't gotten the one mentioned here about Echostar and DirecTV.

------------------

Mike Kobb

(Formerly "ReplayMike", but no longer affiliated with the company; these opinions are mine alone.)

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
For the reasons you cited above I have, at a considerable expense hired a new webmaster and hosting service. The new list should retain old subscribers automatically.

Mike and others:

If you did not get issue 14 you better subscribe to it today or buy the next issue of The Perfect Vision, it's in there too. Monday if all goes according to plan the new issue will go out and 14 will be history.

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
Anyway to get the last issue that we didn't get?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary Merson:
The business newsletter will be reprinted in one or more consumer publications in 2-3 months
Gary,

I got a sample issue of "The Perfect Vision" that had your review of the "New" Toshiba 65H80. The issue was distributed a month or more after this TV had been discontinued. Based on this, I did not subscribe. It seems many of these consumer publications are either wrong or out of date by the time you get them. The latest "Home Theater" magazine has a review of a JVC progressive DVD player that has been discontinued for several months, too.

Dick

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The issue in question was first published in June, 2001. At that time the 65H80 was the current model, though it was near the end of its product cycle. Regardless, stores still had and have that model in inventory. Model changes occur in other industries as well. An example, car magazines September issues have reviews of 2001 models, while the 2002 are being delivered. Does this make them less relevant? My work was neither "wrong" nor "out of date" at the time of publication. I guess the free samples went out later.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.