AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Diablo 3 in the making. Do not know the ETA yet, but can not wait for it's release.
Have been a big Diablo fan and even now, I find myself loading in the old Diablo and getting my fix. The graphics look great and will be in 3D. Wow, Diablo in 3D. The only down side is just 3 charactors.
Looks like the will be an expansion. Any die hard Diablo fans out there looking forward to this new Diablo?

·
471 Posts
I loved D1/D2. There was SO much cheating in D2 that it was considered the "normal" gameplay. I turned to only play local games with friends to avoid the cheating. That, and to avoid the battle.net nightmare. I hope D3 doesn't turn into this. I also hope they make a good transition from top-down to 3rd person... better than the GTA series did anyway!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Yes Blizzard has started their D3 and Starcraft 2 teasing very early. You'd think they could wait because they are sitting on the WOW mountain of cash.

Anyways, I am in no hurry. I have recently discovered Sacred, and Sacred 2 (have not played), also Legend Hand of God (I liked it enough, it got trashed in the reviews, horrible voice work and dialogue, story). Also I am now playing Divine Divinity which is fantastic if you have not played it. It has a sequel, Beyond Divinity, as well which I'm aiming to play before D3 arrives...any other genre games that can tide us over until D3-Day?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I remember when i first got into PC gaming Diablo was the best game out.. I used to go to LAN areas and play all the time.. Fun times! Can't wait for this one. Reminds me of starcraft days.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Judging by their past releases I wouldn't expect it before Q4 of 2010 at the earliest, which really sucks because D2 is getting old after beating it for the umpteenth time. Count me in as one of the super stoked can't wait for this game guys

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just saw on the Diablo 3 News site that they have announced a date. Diablo 3 will be availabe 9/9/09. Time to reload D2 and get myself ready.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
wait, Diablo2 was in 3D unless your video card didnt support Directx. D3 seems to have the same style scrolling but with much better graphics.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I can't wait either. I didn't see the system requirements up yet. Based on what you can see on the trailers do you think a 4850 or 4870 should run a game like D3 cranked up? I'm in the middle of upgrading my pc and haven't bought the video card yet.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You have got to go to 1UP.com and check out the 20 minute video of Diablo 3 Game Play. This is going to be one hell of a game. They have video clips of the charactors as well. Diablo 3 scheduled to be released 9/30/09
and according to 1UP, they are on schedule. The game play video also shows scenes from multi player and the female version of the Witch Doctor.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roachgod /forum/post/15810773

I can't wait either. I didn't see the system requirements up yet. Based on what you can see on the trailers do you think a 4850 or 4870 should run a game like D3 cranked up? I'm in the middle of upgrading my pc and haven't bought the video card yet.

Knowing Blizzard, an 8800 will be able to run it at max settings, and with power to spare. Remember, they do their best to appeal to a broad range of system requirements... that's one of the biggest reasons their games are so popular. 4870 will eat D3 for breakfast.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.