AVS Forum banner

261 - 280 of 3266 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
The release we will all be patching is 0.8B2 CD. Will be patched to 0.8B3.

Gold would imply 169time is done. They are never done giving us new features as you have and will continue to see into the future. Now, if we could just get a s/w package for a tivo function written, who needs the 921 or any of these limiting devices, we can just do it all ourselves!!!

Dave

·
Registered
53 Posts
Dave,

I think you have a current version one ahead of what I have. Mine is 0.8.B1.

Is this going to be a problem?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Again, the hub was for entending. I tried will all connections through it and couldnt get to work. Richard say his requests were to get the computer off from a distance, which I showed worked just fine.

Boot your CD. Right at the very end, it will tell you the version. I am not aware of anyone getting b1's but me and Don. Let me know what the screen says.

Dave

·
Registered
53 Posts
Dave,

You are correct again. My CD is labeled B1, but the version shown a boot time is B2.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Cool. Glad it was just a mistake on the label. Now if Richard would just wake up. (He usually works way into the early mornings)

Dave

·
Registered
800 Posts
I had a B1 when I bought the AVX-1, but a replacement B2 arrived soon afterward.

·
Registered
48 Posts
i'm ready!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm waiting with worm on tongue... baited breath

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Now, can I have a little fun. Where are the folks that have beaten me up in the past saying I am lying? This cant be done? Etc? I havent given you the link yet, so maybe I am just kidding?
(One never forgets personal attacks)

Dave

·
Registered
48 Posts
dave, you're the best, i always read but hardly ever post. i love this stuff!

dan

·
Registered
48 Posts
i downloaded the stomp product, waiting for detailed instructions. !!!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Yep, this is a huge huge milestone. Now, the goal of this release. We have tested the best we can. I dont have SHO, but Richard does. We need you to beat it up and find any problems. Its still called B3 which is Beta 3. So, again and Don has said in the past, this is a BETA again. (What s/w from anyone is not beta, ever find a Microsoft bug? ) The avx-1 is the base for some many other products to come.

Dave

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Again, if one has the stomp product, put your CD into your burner.

Run Stomp. If the wizard comes up, shut it down. Right click on your s/w and do build global image. Make a folder to put this stuff in. Then call the file name (CRITICAL TO DO RIGHT)

CDIMAGE.gi

and do build it.

Let me know if anyone has issues.

Then you are ready for the patch. Have a new CD ready to burn. DONT BURN OVER YOUR B2 Master!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave

·
Registered
48 Posts
ok,ok,ok, pant pant; image is built!!!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Cool.

The patch will come from the 169time web.

For folks who cant do the update, I send a note from a PM to Richard asking what he will be doing. It wont be as quick as burning yourself.

Dave

·
Registered
48 Posts
yippi!!!

refresh

refresh

refresh

refresh

261 - 280 of 3266 Posts