AVS Forum banner

12941 - 12960 of 13493 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
This appeared on my friend's UK model X4000 today:

I got it in the USA too. I ran it and all seems ok. I use IP control, after the update I did have to disconnect power and turn it back on before my non-Denon Android app could resume control. Otherwise it seems to have worked fine, took about 7 minutes.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
That would certainly solve the Spotify issues some are experiencing. :)

D&M started using Spotify Connect beginning with the 2014 and newer models.
Indeed. But why suddenly gift a very old model with a spanking new feature, yet at the same time fight so hard against fixing bugs in 2015 models, saying pretty obvious deficiencies are "as designed"? Doesn't make sense.

BTW he said his version is now 5630-3876-1615.

·
Registered
15,082 Posts
If it makes you feel any better, my model (E400) didn't have Spotify before the update. I got the same message as the screenshot above. And now I still don't have Spotify, contrary to the message. So no new features for me.

·
Premium Member
87,936 Posts
If it makes you feel any better, my model (E400) didn't have Spotify before the update. I got the same message as the screenshot above. And now I still don't have Spotify, contrary to the message. So no new features for me.
If you purchased a USA model (which is the focus of this thread), it sure did. ;)

·
Registered
15,082 Posts
If you purchased a USA model (which is the focus of this thread), it sure did. ;)
Well, I've been using my USA model E400 for 4 years now and never had, and still don't have Spotify. Mine has Pandora and Sirrius/XM. Please tell me where to find the app. Or are you saying the E400 is not a US 2013 model? How was I able to plug in a foreign unit without any adapters?

·
Premium Member
87,936 Posts
Well, I've been using my USA model E400 for 4 years now and never had, and still don't have Spotify. Mine has Pandora and Sirrius/XM. Please tell me where to find the app. Or are you saying the E400 is not a US 2013 model? How was I able to plug in a foreign unit without any adapters?
p. 61 Owner's manual. Note that although a Spotify Premium account is required, prior to doing the recent firmware update you should have been able to select the Spotify icon from the Network page as noted in the image below, unless of course it had been HIDDEN in the settings (p. 114 Owner's manual).

Attachments

·
Registered
607 Posts
That Spotify icon is now gone.

Spotify Connect simply launches on the receiver when you select the receiver as the audio device output on the Spotify app on your smartphone, tablet, or PC app.
Works well, and way better than dealing with that awful Spotify interface on the old receiver app.

·
Premium Member
87,936 Posts

Spotify Connect simply launches on the receiver when you select the receiver as the audio device output on the Spotify app on your smartphone, tablet, or PC app.
Works well, and way better than dealing with that awful Spotify interface on the old receiver app.
Yes, of course, after doing the recent firmware update which removed it.

·
Registered
15,082 Posts
... unless of course it had been HIDDEN in the settings (p. 114 Owner's manual).
Headslap! Yes, I remember now hiding it years ago since I didn't have premium Spotify. Thanks for the kick in the pants.

Good to know. Many in my house have Spotify accounts and were using Airplay. We'll give this a try.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I noticed the update fixed the Pandora app just wish the update would have come sooner when I was trying to play Christmas music when company was over.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Spotify Gone AVR X2000

I own a Denon AVR X2000. It had a very rudimentary Spotify connection method through the Network Connections. After the latest Firmware Update this connection option is no longer available. I cannot play back Spotify through either my cell phone or laptop as the AVR X2000 does not show up on the list of available devices. Apparently you need to start up Spotify on the AVR X2000 while connected to the same network as the device you want to transmit from. This is impossible as there is now no way to connect to Spotify from the AVR receiver.
Is there any way to reverse the update? Is there some new app being made available for the X2000? Is there a method (not a clumsy work around) available for X2000 owners to play back Spotify?

I might be wrong but I suspect this latest firmware upgrade was intended for higher spec units than mine as my search of the internet does not list my model as an intended recipient.

Jeremy Crowley.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I own a Denon AVR X2000. It had a very rudimentary Spotify connection method through the Network Connections. After the latest Firmware Update this connection option is no longer available. I cannot play back Spotify through either my cell phone or laptop as the AVR X2000 does not show up on the list of available devices. Apparently you need to start up Spotify on the AVR X2000 while connected to the same network as the device you want to transmit from. This is impossible as there is now no way to connect to Spotify from the AVR receiver.
Is there any way to reverse the update? Is there some new app being made available for the X2000? Is there a method (not a clumsy work around) available for X2000 owners to play back Spotify?

I might be wrong but I suspect this latest firmware upgrade was intended for higher spec units than mine as my search of the internet does not list my model as an intended recipient.

Jeremy Crowley.
Okay, Spotify now working after completely powering down & restarting unit. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Jeremy.

·
Premium Member
87,936 Posts

Jeremy Crowley.
The on-board Spotify was removed such that the Spotify Connect iOS/Android app must be used from your phone/tablet to stream Spotify to the AVR.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
I have an x4000 that is having issues. Over the past month or two most of my ht components would randomly shut off simultaneously. They are all plugged into a surge strip and it would all power back up if I unplugged the strip and then back in again.

Yesterday it happened again, but this time when I'd plug it back in, everything would shut off again as soon as it all tried to power on. So I began unplugging one thing at a time then plugging the strip back in to try and determine which component was the problem. Ended up being the denon. When it's unplugged, everything else plugged into the strip stays powered up.

Then I began the same process with things plugged into the denon until nothing was connected except the power cord. It still shut off immediately which leads me to believe there's a short somewhere either in the cord or the unit itself. Cord looks fine, but don't have another one to test.

Any thoughts on this before I take it to get an estimate for repair?

Sent using Tapatalk cuz the mobile version is still

·
Premium Member
87,936 Posts
I have an x4000 that is having issues. Over the past month or two most of my ht components would randomly shut off simultaneously. They are all plugged into a surge strip and it would all power back up if I unplugged the strip and then back in again.

Yesterday it happened again, but this time when I'd plug it back in, everything would shut off again as soon as it all tried to power on. So I began unplugging one thing at a time then plugging the strip back in to try and determine which component was the problem. Ended up being the denon. When it's unplugged, everything else plugged into the strip stays powered up.

Then I began the same process with things plugged into the denon until nothing was connected except the power cord. It still shut off immediately which leads me to believe there's a short somewhere either in the cord or the unit itself. Cord looks fine, but don't have another one to test.

Any thoughts on this before I take it to get an estimate for repair?

Did you try plugging the AVR into the wall directly, bypassing the power strip as it could be defective?

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Did you try plugging the AVR into the wall directly, bypassing the power strip as it could be defective?

Thanks jd....No, didn't think about that but will try when I get a chance. I just assumed it was fine since everything else plugged into it was working ok but guess it could have a defective plug. If this yields no changes, any ideas on what the problem could be and what a repair may cost?

·
Premium Member
87,936 Posts
Thanks jd....No, didn't think about that but will try when I get a chance. I just assumed it was fine since everything else plugged into it was working ok but guess it could have a defective plug. If this yields no changes, any ideas on what the problem could be and what a repair may cost?

Refer to item 14 in post 4 of this thread.

12941 - 12960 of 13493 Posts