AVS Forum banner

1841 - 1860 of 13536 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threefiddie  /t/1465528/the-official-2013-denon-e-series-x-series-avr-model-owners-thread-faq/1830#post_23646872

how important is xt32 over xt if you just have a 5.1 system? My old receiver (denon 790-replacing it because of no 3d support for my new projector) just had multieq and I am still debating on what receiver to get but it looks like it will be another denon.

It also depends on you're room layout.... If you have a standard room where you can place the speakers in ideal locations, I'm not sure to be honest if XT32 will make that big a difference over XT. Perhaps if you have a second sub that due to spacial limitations has to be placed in a funny position, the SubEQ would be a big bonus. I've had three versions, MultiEQ, EQXT and XT32, and with a standard rectangular ( ish ) room have been hard pressed to tell the difference between XT and XT32. From MultiEQ to EQXT - I noticed a jump in sound quality, but I also upgraded the receiver so who knows what had more effect.. Between the Marantz I had with XT and the Denon X4000, I haven't noticed much of a difference in quality. They both sound quite good. If it's a matter of a couple hundred dollars why not get the XT32? .. If it's a matter of 500 dollars - well I'd personally ( in hindsight ) think it through before I made that be my selling point. Just my opinion FWIW.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Terrific news for you JD'... , I wish every sales person had the passion and knowledge of their product line that you have for Denon. AVScience is lucky to have you.

·
Premium Member
91,824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threefiddie  /t/1465528/the-official-2013-denon-e-series-x-series-avr-model-owners-thread-faq/1830#post_23646956

I'm using polk monitor 75t's, 45b's, 25c, and a bic 12" f12 sub. I think I got about $900-$950 total invested. I forget. Would x2000 be more wiser choice(except it doesn't have gimmicky overlay instaprevue....I like gimmicks haha) or x3000? Only reason I see getting x4000 is if xt32 was really that worth it.

The first thing to consider is your budget ... from there you look at the feature set that you require or want (eg. gimmicks as you say). Will it improve your listening experience ... most likely yes as the majority who have made the jump from MultEQ or MultEQ XT to XT32 over the years have posted of a noticeable improvement in audio quality (although again, most have had nicer setups well in excess of $1000). Is it worth the extra $$$ ? Only you can decide based on your own finances. But if you've already made the jump to the X3000 for the InstaPrevue (another cool feature btw), then I'd just take the next step up to the X4000.

·
Premium Member
91,824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by petaylor  /t/1465528/the-official-2013-denon-e-series-x-series-avr-model-owners-thread-faq/1830#post_23646978

Terrific news for you JD'... , I wish every sales person had the passion and knowledge of their product line that you have for Denon. AVScience is lucky to have you.

Thanks. AVScience also adds Marantz, Onkyo, Sherbourn and Sony to the list as available products along with projectors and my next purchase, likely dual SVS cylinder subs to take advantage of the Sub EQ HT feature on the X4000. Oh and don't let me forget speakers too ...

Many of you (lurkers especially) don't realize that AVScience also sells AV equipment so be sure to check out their website noting they are authorized resellers for every product they sell.

http://shop.avscience.com/

·
Registered
135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig  /t/1465528/the-official-2013-denon-e-series-x-series-avr-model-owners-thread-faq/1800#post_23645289

Yes, this has come up numerous times in this thread. Denon changed their power command and the one in the Harmony database is now an "All Zone Power On" command. Just go into the device settings for the Denon receiver and change the "power on" command to "Power Toggle" or one of the input commands (e.g. "Input AUX") and it will work correctly.
Ok I was able to go to device settings on the Harmony settings, select "Adjust power settings" and select the "I have the original remote and know what button to press" option and let the Harmony remote learn the red power button on the Denon remote and it worked. Now only the main zone turns on/off. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie  /t/1465528/the-official-2013-denon-e-series-x-series-avr-model-owners-thread-faq/1830#post_23646973

And this is in the X4000 Owner's manual ...

Thanks and congrats on the new job!

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Congrats JD!!

Would have held off my purchase last month If I'd known this sooner. I definitely would've been your first customer.

·
Premium Member
1,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threefiddie  /t/1465528/the-official-2013-denon-e-series-x-series-avr-model-owners-thread-faq/1830#post_23646872

how important is xt32 over xt if you just have a 5.1 system? My old receiver (denon 790-replacing it because of no 3d support for my new projector) just had multieq and I am still debating on what receiver to get but it looks like it will be another denon.

I noticed a big difference in the integration of the sub and the rest of the speakers when I upgraded to XT32 from XT. I never really thought of my room as particularly troubled and have a decent amount of leeway in speaker placement but it still helped. That's just my experience.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
well i just got a x3000 from avs! along with sony hw50es projector, chief mount, and 134" screen....... here we go.

Definitely recommend avs. Best prices on the internet and they know their stuff.

·
Registered
30,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,853 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rec head  /t/1465528/the-official-2013-denon-e-series-x-series-avr-model-owners-thread-faq/1830#post_23648220

Quote:

I noticed a big difference in the integration of the sub and the rest of the speakers when I upgraded to XT32 from XT. I never really thought of my room as particularly troubled and have a decent amount of leeway in speaker placement but it still helped. That's just my experience.

Agreed. The biggest thing I noticed progressing through MultEQ > XT > XT32 was the increased "coherence" of the system. With each step up the system became more blended and seamless, allowing the speakers to disappear more and more. The increased resolution to combat the bass frequencies (not just the subwoofer, but the significant bass freqs produced by the other speakers above the crossover) makes the blend with the sub more seamless as well.

With the jump to XT32 I noticed a big difference in the overall bass quality as well, it really tightened up some long-standing bass bloat at certain freqs / locations.

·
Registered
30,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,854 ·
Congrats! The X4000 is an awesome receiver.

The one thing I will recommend with either of the above setups is to immediately add a SECOND subwoofer of whatever you get (e.g. BIC PL-200). For one thing, a dedicated theater room deserves a second subwoofer, a single PL-200 is going to be limited in its ability to reproduce the full bass demands of modern movie soundtracks. And there are many benefits to a second sub, including evening out the bass response across the listening area. Plus, you will take advantage of the dual sub EQ processing in that X4000.

Frankly, not sure what your budget is, but most here would recommend stepping up to even nicer subs than the BIC PL-200. It's a highly competent "budget sub" and one of the best values at the $300ish price point, but if, for example, you could step up to $1000 for two subs you could get dual SVS PB-1000 which would take the system up another notch. The subwoofers are crucial to a proper HT setup and a dedicated room deserves the best you can get.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
They sell Klipsch speakers, too!

·
Registered
158 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig  /t/1465528/the-official-2013-denon-e-series-x-series-avr-model-owners-thread-faq/1830#post_23650077

Congrats! The X4000 is an awesome receiver.

The one thing I will recommend with either of the above setups is to immediately add a SECOND subwoofer of whatever you get (e.g. BIC PL-200). For one thing, a dedicated theater room deserves a second subwoofer, a single PL-200 is going to be limited in its ability to reproduce the full bass demands of modern movie soundtracks. And there are many benefits to a second sub, including evening out the bass response across the listening area. Plus, you will take advantage of the dual sub EQ processing in that X4000.

Frankly, not sure what your budget is, but most here would recommend stepping up to even nicer subs than the BIC PL-200. It's a highly competent "budget sub" and one of the best values at the $300ish price point, but if, for example, you could step up to $1000 for two subs you could get dual SVS PB-1000 which would take the system up another notch. The subwoofers are crucial to a proper HT setup and a dedicated room deserves the best you can get.

Thank you very much!!!

This is all a process for me I have always wanted a home theater and as we all know budget wins over all others except the wife LOL!!

I for sure plan on adding a second sub but the plan is to start with one then add another as the budget allows down the road. And as we all know how this bug works it will be upgrade, upgrade, upgrade LOL!!

So in short I will for sure do a second sub in the theater room once its setup its size is 12x24 I am thinking one in the front and one in the back of the room with the corner base traps.

Really I have a budget for the first speaker purchase I want 5.1 of around $1200-$1500 Later 4 months after getting a second sub will be no problem.

As for the speakers above I just wonder if the Bigger BIC speakers are worth it over the smaller klipch

·
Registered
158 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie  /t/1465528/the-official-2013-denon-e-series-x-series-avr-model-owners-thread-faq/1830#post_23650119

^^

Additionally, when you buy SVS subs in pairs, you get an additional discount .. and oh yeh .. did I mention that AVScience sells SVS subs.

Sounds like I will be giving you a call

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
sorry for the off topic post but since we are talking about it, the prices on the website seem different than the prices people are actually getting from the AV salespeople??

I don't see it listed, but is Sunfire another brand they are authorized to carry?

·
Registered
30,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,860 ·
Many authorized dealers are not allowed to advertise prices below MSRP or MAP (minimum advertised pricing), but they will sell for a discount if you actually contact them directly. That's pretty typical.

1841 - 1860 of 13536 Posts