AVS Forum banner

14501 - 14520 of 17982 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
I'm looking at buying the Klipsch RP-280FA speakers and doing a 7.1.2 Atmos setup with my X4200W. It seems like my best option to do this would be to drive the front Atmos speakers with an external amp? If that is the case, is something like the AudioSource AD1002 powerful enough for doing so? Is there another setup that would make more sense?

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I'm looking at buying the Klipsch RP-280FA speakers and doing a 7.1.2 Atmos setup with my X4200W. It seems like my best option to do this would be to drive the front Atmos speakers with an external amp? If that is the case, is something like the AudioSource AD1002 powerful enough for doing so? Is there another setup that would make more sense?
I have very tiny rear height speakers in my 5.4.4 setup. I use a tiny amp. It works fine.

What are you using for your .2 and surrounds? I think 5.1.4 would be better, but I don't have room for surround backs.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I have very tiny rear height speakers in my 5.4.4 setup. I use a tiny amp. It works fine.

What are you using for your .2 and surrounds? I think 5.1.4 would be better, but I don't have room for surround backs.
The .2 comes from the RP-280FA's, they have a Atmos speaker in the top of them. My surrounds are Speakercraft AIM8 Three's.

·
Banned
1,450 Posts
My 6200 has some crackling noise in the right surround channel. Long story short I took a week trouble shooting and swapped everything but the 6200. I can make it go away by putting pressure on or moving that channel post on the back, hour later it comes back.

Ive spent a week so far without it and dropped $50 to send it to the NJ service center. At the moment they are saying that it passes all tests. I will get more info and see where they are next Tuesday.

Just thought i would throw it out now and get ahead of the game. Any Denon repair / service suggestions and hook ups would be appreciated. I run 7.2.4 and just found out how good the speakers on my OLED are......not bad but not cutting it.

Thanks

·
Registered
681 Posts
My 6200 has some crackling noise in the right surround channel. Long story short I took a week trouble shooting and swapped everything but the 6200. I can make it go away by putting pressure on or moving that channel post on the back, hour later it comes back.

Ive spent a week so far without it and dropped $50 to send it to the NJ service center. At the moment they are saying that it passes all tests. I will get more info and see where they are next Tuesday.

Just thought i would throw it out now and get ahead of the game. Any Denon repair / service suggestions and hook ups would be appreciated. I run 7.2.4 and just found out how good the speakers on my OLED are......not bad but not cutting it.

Thanks
That's almost certainly a cold solder joint or a cracked trace; try to convince the guys at the service center to reflow the solder to the Right Surround binding posts.

Reactions: kokishin

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Excellent

Why we hang out here !!!

Thanks.
Please post back what you find out, I've been trying to figure out what this is for awhile in my left surround. I've been procrastinating on sending it in since it is intermittent but it has become more frequent. I'm afraid I'll send it in and I'll get kind of what you were told, can't duplicate the problem. I haven't tried pushing in on the post but I'll play with unplugging/replugging the banana jack and it will be gone for a little while. Quite frustrating. I did try running the preout to my other amp and I didn't hear it during that test but again it goes away for awhile when playing with things.

·
Banned
1,450 Posts
Please post back what you find out, I've been trying to figure out what this is for awhile in my left surround. I've been procrastinating on sending it in since it is intermittent but it has become more frequent. I'm afraid I'll send it in and I'll get kind of what you were told, can't duplicate the problem. I haven't tried pushing in on the post but I'll play with unplugging/replugging the banana jack and it will be gone for a little while. Quite frustrating. I did try running the preout to my other amp and I didn't hear it during that test but again it goes away for awhile when playing with things.
Sounds exactly the same. It would go for a while when i would change speaker wire and changing speakers and such. Trying to trouble shoot it. Just plugging in and unplugging wire would do it. Last time i just reached back there and moved it around and it went away for an hour. I shall post once i get to the next step next week.

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Is there any way to do a "harder" reset on the X4200W than the hold 'Info + Back' while turning On (Initializing...)?

I have tried this method 10+ times in a row. Same (bad) behavior... Trigger 1/2 do not work, Zone 2 volume cannot be adjusted, either via app or IR.

·
Premium Member
87,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #14,510
Is there any way to do a "harder" reset on the X4200W than the hold 'Info + Back' while turning On (Initializing...)?

I have tried this method 10+ times in a row. Same (bad) behavior... Trigger 1/2 do not work, Zone 2 volume cannot be adjusted, either via app or IR.
Try doing a soft reset first by powering off and unplugging the power cord for 10 minutes. Then do the Hard Reset noted in post 5 of this thread using the UP/DOWN arrow keys instead.

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Try doing a soft reset first by powering off and unplugging the power cord for 10 minutes. Then do the Hard Reset noted in post 5 of this thread using the UP/DOWN arrow keys instead.
Thanks. I did try that a few times. The Zone 2 volume issue was a user error, but my Trigger 1/2 still don't work. I guess I'll be calling for a repair, tomorrow.

·
Registered
14,848 Posts
Thanks. I did try that a few times. The Zone 2 volume issue was a user error, but my Trigger 1/2 still don't work. I guess I'll be calling for a repair, tomorrow.
D+M equipment have very delicate trigger outputs. If you accidentally ground them (which is almost impossible to avoid: the center connector is exposed at the end of the cable) while plugging them in while power is on, the outputs usually get fried.

In other words, unplug from wall power for at least 10 minutes both the receiver and the device that's going to be connected to the trigger output before you make the connection.

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
D+M equipment have very delicate trigger outputs. If you accidentally ground them (which is almost impossible to avoid: the center connector is exposed at the end of the cable) while plugging them in while power is on, the outputs usually get fried.

In other words, unplug from wall power for at least 10 minutes both the receiver and the device that's going to be connected to the trigger output before you make the connection.
Interesting, and good advice going forward. For certain, my triggers are fried. Luckily, I have a local service center, but it's never fun to be without an AVR for even a day :(

·
Registered
103 Posts
The Denon EU support FAQ http://denon-uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4723 has been updated with
Denon will issue / issued a firmware update to additionally support Dolby Vision and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) HDR pass-through for:

AVR-X1200W, AVR-X2200W, AVR-X3200W, AVR-X4200W, AVR-X6200W, AVR-X7200WA (scheduled for 2018)
AVR-X1300W, AVR-X2300W, AVR-X3300W, AVR-X4300H, AVR-X6300H (scheduled for September / October 2017)

·
Registered
69 Posts
I am having a problem with my 2100W where the video occasionally cuts out for a few seconds. The audio remains, but the screen goes black for a bit and then returns. It does this with multiple sources (Cable box, Wii U, PS4) roughly once or twice per hour. I have output to both a TV and a projector, although now that I think about it, it might only cut out when using the TV. The TV itself is a Panasonic plasma that is about 10 years old. Has anyone here experienced something similar and fixed it?

·
Registered
271 Posts
I am having a problem with my 2100W where the video occasionally cuts out for a few seconds. The audio remains, but the screen goes black for a bit and then returns. It does this with multiple sources (Cable box, Wii U, PS4) roughly once or twice per hour. I have output to both a TV and a projector, although now that I think about it, it might only cut out when using the TV. The TV itself is a Panasonic plasma that is about 10 years old. Has anyone here experienced something similar and fixed it?
Might be the HDMI cable. I had the same exact problem with my Apple TV hooked up to my 6200. I had the cable installed backwards, flipped it and that solved my problem. Might not be your problem, could be a bad cable also. Try switching cables and see if that works.

·
Premium Member
87,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #14,517
Before switching cables .. simply try reseating the existing cable at both ends.

·
Registered
14,848 Posts
This is a thing? Directional HDMI cables? I would guess it was the unplugging/plugging in that fixed the issue. :)
So-called "active" cables, like those with the Redmere brand, have HDMI amplifiers in them with a distinct input and output. If such cables are installed backward, they won't work at all. One of their advantages is that the cables are physically thin and flexible. A disadvantage is that you have to make sure that the ones you get are actually compatible with full-bandwidth 18Gb/sec 4K UHD signals. Many are not, despite claims that they are.

Reactions: galonzo

·
Premium Member
4,264 Posts
I recently ran Audessey when I installed my HT in a new home. Because of wiring difficulties I used a Dayton wireless audio device for my subwoofer. During the calibration the subwoofer was loud and clear during each of the eight cycles. I had the various controls on the sub set as suggested early in this thread. However, now that I am using the system there is no bass that I can hear. I turned up the volume and still no sound. What is happening?

14501 - 14520 of 17982 Posts