AVS Forum banner

5361 - 5380 of 18169 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
lowest model that features main zone 7.2 pre-outs ?

Re: @Vinterbird and ELAC UNIFI UF5 Question...

Not only are the speakers 4-ohm, they are also very inefficient at only 85db. If you listen at no higher than average TV listening volume levels, any model should work just fine; however, if you prefer louder movie reference volume levels, the X1300W may shut down in protection mode. Upgrading to the X3300W, in addition to upgrading to the higher Audyssey MultEQ XT32, will get you main zone pre-outs, so if you need additional amplification, you can purchase an external 250W+ amp to reach much louder volume levels.
A reviewer said those speakers are worth 2x what you pay for them so use the savings and purchase an external 2CH amp (eg. Emotiva XPA-2).
@jdsmoothie - Please excuse my ignorance ...I'v never dealt with pre-outs and a separate amplifier. I've given a quick look at the amp assign pages in the x3300W manual and its still a little unclear to me but am I correct in understanding that the even with a separate amplifier the X3300W cannot be configured for more than 7 Speakers? That is. even if I pre-out my front Mains I cannot configure a 7.2.2 system or a 5.2.4 system?
Can I pre-out zone two to another amp and still have a 7.1 or 5.1.2 system with the X3300?

I am thinking in terms of getting my base set system up now with a little more than I need and still allowing for when I can upgrade the main speakers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been waiting for 2 days for my post count to register...I pumped it to 15 the other day so that I could reach out to @jdsmoothie via PM...

I need to replace a dead AVR and actually have had the X3300 in my crosshairs but the X4300 is on sale at Fry's this week for $799.

I'm running a modest 5.1 system but love the Audyssey32 feature on my (now dead) Onkyo TX-NR818 and it looks like the Denon X3300 is the best way to get there given my needs.

I'd rather not grab a refurb for warranty reasons (Onkyo cured me of refurbs), so the $649 X3300 is out. I know it's overkill but will the X4300 actually be a waste of money for me??

·
Registered
328 Posts
I've been waiting for 2 days for my post count to register...I pumped it to 15 the other day so that I could reach out to @jdsmoothie via PM...

I need to replace a dead AVR and actually have had the X3300 in my crosshairs but the X4300 is on sale at Fry's this week for $799.

I'm running a modest 5.1 system but love the Audyssey32 feature on my (now dead) Onkyo TX-NR818 and it looks like the Denon X3300 is the best way to get there given my needs.

I'd rather not grab a refurb for warranty reasons (Onkyo cured me of refurbs), so the $649 X3300 is out. I know it's overkill but will the X4300 actually be a waste of money for me??
For $100 more I would get the 4300 any day, the options for 9 or 11 channel atmos would be worth it for sure.

Edit: sorry $150 more than the 3300 refurb

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
For $100 more I would get the 4300 any day, the options for 9 or 11 channel atmos would be worth it for sure.

Edit: sorry $150 more than the 3300 refurb

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk
I would think that, for my situation, HEOS on the 4300 could potentially be a more useful feature as I do not imagine going 7.1.2 or 5.1.4 at all.

The math is not really $649/X3300 vs $799/X4300 since the $799 gets me an upgrade(?) and 3 years of warranty (plus 1 year via cc) vs 1 year refurb warranty. X3300 MSRP is $799 now but I was hoping for something more in the $600 range due to the Fry's sales that occurred numerous times...while I didn't need an avr replacement lol

Thanks for the response, great food for thought! :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Every time that I see the x4300h on sale at frys I keep thinking about buying one but it's always out of stock. I don't even think it'd be worth upgrading to from an X3200, but a good deal makes me want to do it. Am I right in thinking that it's a waste of time and money? At the moment I only run 5.1 with some B&W 805 in a 12x14 room. Running 5.1.4 seems like a good idea, but don't know if I'll ever do it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Every time that I see the x4300h on sale at frys I keep thinking about buying one but it's always out of stock. I don't even think it'd be worth upgrading to from an X3200, but a good deal makes me want to do it. Am I right in thinking that it's a waste of time and money? At the moment I only run 5.1 with some B&W 805 in a 12x14 room. Running 5.1.4 seems like a good idea, but don't know if I'll ever do it.
Well, if I had an X3200 I might reconsider, too ;)

·
Registered
255 Posts
I went for the deal this weekend at Fry's for the x4300 ($799) and glad I did. I'm coming from a 4311 that's served me well for the last 6 1/2 years but I recently came across 4 high end ceilings speakers (NHT IC4's) that I've been wanting to install but figured I'd wait til I get a worthy Atmos receiver upgrade to make the speaker install worthwhile. So now that I have that receiver, I'll be busy putting it all together.

I considered waiting on a deal for an x6300 but couldn't justify the added price for minimal gain. I don't need the 2 extra built in amps since I already have 7 external channels of amplification and will probably just designate 4 channels of internal (Denon) amp for the ceiling channels anyway and the rest will be external power. The only other difference that I know of (that would make a difference to me) is the VoG option in the x6300. I can live without it.
So overall, I'm happy with my purchase, so far. The proof will be in the pudding after everything gets installed and calibrated.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
720 and back yard speakers

Is there any way to add backyard wireless speakers to my 720?

·
Premium Member
87,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,369
Re: @Vinterbird and ELAC UNIFI UF5 Question...

@jdsmoothie - Please excuse my ignorance ...I'v never dealt with pre-outs and a separate amplifier. I've given a quick look at the amp assign pages in the x3300W manual and its still a little unclear to me but am I correct in understanding that the even with a separate amplifier the X3300W cannot be configured for more than 7 Speakers? That is. even if I pre-out my front Mains I cannot configure a 7.2.2 system or a 5.2.4 system?
Can I pre-out zone two to another amp and still have a 7.1 or 5.1.2 system with the X3300?

I am thinking in terms of getting my base set system up now with a little more than I need and still allowing for when I can upgrade the main speakers.
1. Correct, no expansion beyond 7CH using the X3300W.
2. Yes, Zone 2 is independent from the main zone.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Looking at a new AVR to accompany my new Samsung 8500 TV. I'm wondering if the 920 is worth $50 more than the 720 that Accessories4less is selling them for?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Looking at a new AVR to accompany my new Samsung 8500 TV. I'm wondering if the 920 is worth $50 more than the 720 that Accessories4less is selling them for?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
We can't answer that for you. Only you can decide what you spend your money on. Take a look at the first few posts and determine which one will best serve your needs.

·
Registered
844 Posts
UPDATE:

Just returned from a long-ish roundtrip to Fry's since the location closest to me was OOS on the X4300H.

$699 out the door, last one! :D
What am I missing? Fry's is showing 1499.....

Sent from my XR6P10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
143 Posts
There is an email promo code from this past Sunday which knocks $700 of their price. I negotiated another 10% off. The sales rep actually knocked the 10% off of the $1499, then the cashier took the $700 off via promo code. :)
Helluva deal! Congrats :)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Just picked up my x4300 today.......Thanks JD
It will be replacing my aging 890, I ordered 2 more speakers for the ceiling and they'll be here Friday to give me 7.1.2
I upgraded my projector and went to a little bigger screen in December......Merry Christmas to me
The main reason for the upgrade is I'm dying to get into Atmos.
Does anyone have a few suggestions for a Atmos marathon ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone have a working remote code for my Denon 4300H to control a Comcast X1 cable box? I have tried 01376, 01877 from the Denon manual and 01981, 01917 from Comcast with no luck.

Thanks

5361 - 5380 of 18169 Posts