AVS Forum banner

5761 - 5780 of 18942 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
quick question for my new x3300w

so, got my new denon x3300w, set it up so far with my kef q300's.....it sounds like bliss. Havent run audyssey yet, as i am waiting for my hsu vtf3 mk5 to come in on tuesday, looking forward to it. At any rate, i do have a few questions. first and foremost, i have my cable tv going through it, but we dont really use cable much. I have my computer hooked up to hdmi port 2 (dvd), and i am wondering if its possible to make that the default when i turn the tv on. Right now it keeps going to the cable source, and we have to get the avr remote and hit the dvd button to switch each time, small, i know, but it irritates. Is there any way to set up hdmi port 2 as the default?? or can i just switch the cable boxes hdmi to the 2nd port and put the computer in the "cable input" port?

second, I currently have both the avr and my pc in a built in cabinet next to my fireplace where the tv is mounted. It does get pretty warm.....hot really, and i am wondering how much of a problem that is. As i have about $2300 worth of equipment in there, i have been mostly keeping the door open in use, and i have ordered a small 6" fan, which i will cut a hole in the side of the cabinet and mount when it arrives. Just wondering how much of a problem the heat is....I'd say its probably about 100 degrees in there when both are running....is that bad? And will a 6" fan be enough?

And lastly, for now, which app works well for this avr? I have a nexus 6p and the official denon 2016 app is pretty buggy. It works great when it works, which is pretty much one time after install, after which point it crashes with a "cannot reach website" message or some such. I have removed and reinstalled several times, and each time it works once and then crashes every time after. Are there any good third party apps? I find it works ok on my ipad mini, but i mostly use that for my home gym setup, and would prefer something i can use on my phone which is always in my pocket.

So far, LOVING this avr....and i will admit its the first one ive ever owned. Always made due with computer sound systems till now, logitech z680, klipsch promedia, which i always thought were great...till i got this and the kefs. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
507 Posts
anyone else have sound drop issues with the 2300 from hdmi using directv? trying to figure out if it needs to go back or if there is a fix. love the receiver otherwise!
Having the same issue with my x3300. Sound disappears after about an hour...sometimes...sometimes sooner sometimes later. If I switch inputs other than DirecTV and then back, the sound works again.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Having the same issue with my x3300. Sound disappears after about an hour...sometimes...sometimes sooner sometimes later. If I switch inputs other than DirecTV and then back, the sound works again.
thats exactly what mine does, if i switch, it works fine. seems to be no real time when it happens, hour, less than an hour, but usually within 2 at the most.

·
Registered
9 Posts
just bought a denon AVR-X2300W and i notice now already that when watching directv, sometimes the sound with go out. if i change the channel or pause show and start again, its fine. sound like a handshake issue with hdmi. i did the update when i got it home. anyone else have this issue or how can it be fixed? its only a few days old!
YES! Tried a number of different cables including the highly-touted "blue jeans" cables. Nothing fixed it except using a optical cable from the direct TV "4k mini" to the 2300 and running the HDMI directly to my Vizio P-75. Not a happy camper. I would sure be interested in hearing if anybody has a fix. For one thing, I miss my on-screen menus from the Denon. I also swiched inputs to fix it.... The only thing I can add is that I noticed that often I could just wait 10 or 15 seconds and the sound would come back without doing anything.... That was just as frustrating and switching inputs which also fixed the problem.

·
Registered
28,913 Posts
Most like a problem with the firmware on your 4K genie. I have the non 4K genie and don't have the problem at all. I have both a the x2300 and x3300 and neither has issues with DirecTV.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I do have a set of overheads in the back. 5.2.2 Klipsch set up.
I am running the X6300h in a regular 7.1 setup, and I experience the hiss with DTS-X content, which in three months I only experienced once. Did some homework, and supposedly there is no SW fix. Denon knows about this, since I had to bring the X6300h into a service center in the Netherlands, where they fixed it (supposedly a DAC issue). Anyway it has been fixed, although I still have to get the X6300 back, I'll be testing in the weekend.

Regards
Bart

·
Registered
22 Posts
18. Hissing noise using X6300H + Audyssey at loud volume levels: This issue presents on some X6300H units at louder volume levels although may not be noticeable unless using very sensitive/efficient (eg. Klipsch 98db) speakers. Call Denon CSR to report the issue if it presents on your unit.

In regards to item#18 in post#4 quoted above, has anyone found a resolution via Denon CSR about this hissing on X6300H? Mine is noticeable only on my HTPC using Kodi and on PS4 but, not my Xfinity cable box. I was curious if there may be a solution or is my X6300H considered defective?
I am running myX6300h in a regular 7.1 setup, and I experience the hiss with DTS-X content at reasonable volumes (not super loud), which in three months I own the 6300 I only experienced once. Did some homework, and supposedly there is no SW fix. Denon knows about this, since I had to bring the X6300h into a service center in the Netherlands, where they fixed it (supposedly a DAC issue). Anyway it has been fixed, although I still have to get the X6300 back, I'll be testing in the weekend.

Regards
Bart

·
Registered
56 Posts
AVR-X4300H only plays 300 songs

I have around 13,000 songs in my NAS, but my AVR-X4300H only plays the first 300 songs when in random play. Is it normal? If so, this is the most limited network player I have seen.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Audyssey setup 4300

I just got a X4300 last week and I have reran Audyssey setup a couple of times with both times all channels are about 3 points too high and bright and the sub way low -12. Am I doing something foolish???

Any tips???

·
Registered
430 Posts
yeah, tried that, didnt work. I do find it harder to get responses on this forum than on the speaker forums, even for non speaker related issues. Maybe i'll just go post over there. Thanks anyway.

·
Premium Member
91,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,772 ·
yeah, tried that, didnt work. I do find it harder to get responses on this forum than on the speaker forums, even for non speaker related issues. Maybe i'll just go post over there. Thanks anyway.
You just posted this morning and "it didn't work"? Sometimes it takes a day to respond to questions.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Using the "Search this thread" feature (upper right corner of this page) with the words "Dolby Vision" produces a list of posts of which the answer "Yes" is listed in the 5th post. ;)
First of all, thank you for making the FAQ. I have found it to be very useful.

Secondly, if this question is indeed being "frequently asked", perhaps you could add the answer to the FAQ? I had the same question myself, and I checked the FAQ first but couldn't find anything about it. Then I did the search and found it, but frankly the search results have a lot of hits that don't provide the answer.

Third, to Denon, I am switching brands to Denon specifically due to this firmware update. Keep it up!

·
Premium Member
91,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,774 ·
First of all, thank you for making the FAQ. I have found it to be very useful.

Secondly, if this question is indeed being "frequently asked", perhaps you could add the answer to the FAQ? I had the same question myself, and I checked the FAQ first but couldn't find anything about it. Then I did the search and found it, but frankly the search results have a lot of hits that don't provide the answer.

Third, to Denon, I am switching brands to Denon specifically due to this firmware update. Keep it up!
Done. Added to post 1.

·
Premium Member
91,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,775 ·
I just got a X4300 last week and I have reran Audyssey setup a couple of times with both times all channels are about 3 points too high and bright and the sub way low -12. Am I doing something foolish???

Any tips???
On the sub, lower the gain/volume knob to about 10 o'clock and run Audyssey again after ensuring ensure that all speakers are angled towards the Main Listening position (ie. mic 1 position).

·
Premium Member
91,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,776 ·
so, got my new denon x3300w, set it up so far with my kef q300's.....it sounds like bliss. Havent run audyssey yet, as i am waiting for my hsu vtf3 mk5 to come in on tuesday, looking forward to it. At any rate, i do have a few questions. first and foremost, i have my cable tv going through it, but we dont really use cable much. I have my computer hooked up to hdmi port 2 (dvd), and i am wondering if its possible to make that the default when i turn the tv on. Right now it keeps going to the cable source, and we have to get the avr remote and hit the dvd button to switch each time, small, i know, but it irritates. Is there any way to set up hdmi port 2 as the default?? or can i just switch the cable boxes hdmi to the 2nd port and put the computer in the "cable input" port?

second, I currently have both the avr and my pc in a built in cabinet next to my fireplace where the tv is mounted. It does get pretty warm.....hot really, and i am wondering how much of a problem that is. As i have about $2300 worth of equipment in there, i have been mostly keeping the door open in use, and i have ordered a small 6" fan, which i will cut a hole in the side of the cabinet and mount when it arrives. Just wondering how much of a problem the heat is....I'd say its probably about 100 degrees in there when both are running....is that bad? And will a 6" fan be enough?

And lastly, for now, which app works well for this avr? I have a nexus 6p and the official denon 2016 app is pretty buggy. It works great when it works, which is pretty much one time after install, after which point it crashes with a "cannot reach website" message or some such. I have removed and reinstalled several times, and each time it works once and then crashes every time after. Are there any good third party apps? I find it works ok on my ipad mini, but i mostly use that for my home gym setup, and would prefer something i can use on my phone which is always in my pocket.

So far, LOVING this avr....and i will admit its the first one ive ever owned. Always made due with computer sound systems till now, logitech z680, klipsch promedia, which i always thought were great...till i got this and the kefs. Thanks for any help.
1. Yes, you can save the HTPC source as a Quick Select and then simply press the Quick Select button to both power on the AVR and select the HTPC source.
2. A very real problem which ultimately will reduce the life of your electronic components without better ventilation. Consider either adding another fan or an AC Infinity T8.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LW1Q42...argid=kwd-290149018470&ref=pd_sl_1l0g3r1pyy_e

3. Ensure the Wifi signal is strong both to the AVR and the phone.

·
Registered
731 Posts
On the sub, lower the gain/volume knob to about 10 o'clock and run Audyssey again after ensuring ensure that all speakers are angled towards the Main Listening position (ie. mic 1 position).
I guess 3rd time is a charm. It sounds great overall now. Sub sounds decent but the level is still noted as -9. I am going to let it roll for now. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
I guess 3rd time is a charm. It sounds great overall now. Sub sounds decent but the level is still noted as -9. I am going to let it roll for now. Thanks!
-12 is where you worry, as that is the lower limit, so you don't know. -9 is fine, lotsa headroom.

·
Premium Member
91,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,779 ·
Most prefer to use Manual Setup - Levels - Test Tone - Subwoofer to boost the subwoofer level about +5db (ie. to -4db for you).

·
Registered
960 Posts
5761 - 5780 of 18942 Posts