AVS Forum banner

18281 - 18300 of 18333 Posts

·
Registered
7,020 Posts
Dropped the 4300H off for service, chatted with the owner for a few minutes, loved his pioneer stereo unit shown that gave music in his shop ... ahhh real wood to touch ...
eta is 3-4 days, so next week should be back in business

Ha, wires all over ..

Sent from my iPhone 11Pro using Tapatalk
Follow up.
As of 10/14 waiting on network board. 3-4 more business days ...
So I’m hoping for 10/23 weekend to have it back. I miss 5.1.2 in the family room, TV speakers suck

·
Registered
164 Posts
Are you sure your Apple TV is not set to always display everyone in Dolby Vision? Check the ATVs video settings and the associated “match” settings. If it is set to Dolby Vision with match dynamic range (or something like that) turned off then this would explain it.
That was it! ATV settings must've changed automatically when I added a new TV with DV. I switched match to "on" and problem solved. Thank you.

Reactions: rsonnens

·
Registered
34 Posts
Will the X2300W not use an Atmos signal if you don't have a 7.1+setup on it? I recently upgraded to a new 4K TV which doesn't output over ARC Atmos. Grabbed a Fire Stick 4K during prime day because it is supposed to output Atmos, but now I am not getting an Atmos output from it. I have previously been able to output Atmos to the 2300W through my 1st gen XBox One hooked up via HDMI, so wondering why the Fire Stick won't make it work?

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Will the X2300W not use an Atmos signal if you don't have a 7.1+setup on it? I recently upgraded to a new 4K TV which doesn't output over ARC Atmos. Grabbed a Fire Stick 4K during prime day because it is supposed to output Atmos, but now I am not getting an Atmos output from it. I have previously been able to output Atmos to the 2300W through my 1st gen XBox One hooked up via HDMI, so wondering why the Fire Stick won't make it work?
You need to have a 5.x.2 (or better) Atmos set as your speaker configuration for it to publish that it can handle Atmos. Note that this is different from a 7.1 setup that you asked about.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You need to have a 5.x.2 (or better) Atmos set as your speaker configuration for it to publish that it can handle Atmos. Note that this is different from a 7.1 setup that you asked about.
Well great excuse to buy some Atmos speakers. Wondering if I will benefit more from some Atmos speakers or some Surround Rear speakers if its a small room?

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Well great excuse to buy some Atmos speakers. Wondering if I will benefit more from some Atmos speakers or some Surround Rear speakers if its a small room?
That’s a great question for which some other Atmos specific forum might have advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
88,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #18,287
The overhead speakers will add more of a 3D effect whereas in some cases Surround Back speakers don't add much at all.

·
Registered
7,020 Posts
The overhead speakers will add more of a 3D effect whereas in some cases Surround Back speakers don't add much at all.
Amen, in my family room 5.1.2 (top mid) truly much better envelopment than traditional 7.1

·
Registered
164 Posts
I use 7 speakers on my system. R/C/L Rear Surrounds and two front L/R Height speakers and a sub. Works for me for Atmos through the Denon.

Reactions: gambler52

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Stupid question of the weekend...

What is the RMS power output PER CHANNEL when in 7.2.4 mode and using 8-ohm speakers?

·
Registered
6,185 Posts
As an avid vinyl listener, I routinely keep the spread center setting on when using Dolby Surround Upmixing (DSU) for multichannel listening of stereo content. I've found that it significantly widens the soundstage vs forcing so much of the content through the center channel. I just found out that Dolby quietly pulled this feature from all of the 2020 AVRs including Denon, and some Manufacturers are getting it phased out of prior year models via firmware update. I just checked my X4300H and I have the newest firmware, and I've still got the feature! For the time-being, I'm turning off the auto-update feature. Anyone in the know have any info on why Dolby went this route, and what Denon's plans are for implementation? Some good reading here: Dolby Eliminates Key Feature for Enhancing 2CH Music.
It evidently was offered in tandem with the height virtualizer feature by Dolby but the processing power to do both made Denon drop center spread and just add the height virtualizer so maybe some hope for a future comeback. Doubt they'd remove it from an older model though.

·
Premium Member
88,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #18,292
Stupid question of the weekend...

What is the RMS power output PER CHANNEL when in 7.2.4 mode and using 8-ohm speakers?

Power drops to about 60% in 7CH mode so in 11CH mode likely down 80-90%; however, this is with all CH driven which would only be true when using Multi CH Stereo surround mode whereas in standard movie surround mode, the surround and Atmos speakers draw much less power. Additionally, 8-ohm 87dB+ speakers are on average drawing < 5W/CH at loud movie reference volume.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Power drops to about 60% in 7CH mode so in 11CH mode likely down 80-90%; however, this is with all CH driven which would only be true when using Multi CH Stereo surround mode whereas in standard movie surround mode, the surround and Atmos speakers draw much less power. Additionally, 8-ohm 87dB+ speakers are on average drawing < 5W/CH at loud movie reference volume.
Hi @jdsmoothie,

So with the following speakers setup:

Klipsch RP-280F (x2) (L/R)
Freq. Resp.: 32-25 kHz
Sensitivity: 98dB
Power: 150W RMS / 600W peak
Impedance: 8 ohms

Klipsch RP-450C (Center)
Freq. Resp.: 58-25 kHz
Sensitivity: 97dB

Klipsch RP-150M (x4) (Surrounds)
Freq. Resp.: 48-25 kHz
Sensitivity: 93dB
Power: 75W RMS / 300W peak

Klipsch CDT-5650-C II (x4) (Ceiling ATMOS)
Freq. Resp.: 63-23 kHz
Sensitivity: 94dB
Power: 50W RMS / 200W peak

HSU VTF-3 MK5 Subwoofer (x2)
Low End Extension: 17 Hz (4" port open)
Power: 600W RMS / 2000W peak

At reference volume when watching a movie in 7.2.4 mode, will I be underpowering or overpowering these speakers with my X4300H?

That's where I am confused... Thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
This spot for sale or rent.
5,042 Posts
Hi @jdsmoothie,

So with the following speakers setup:

Klipsch RP-280F (x2) (L/R)
Freq. Resp.: 32-25 kHz
Sensitivity: 98db

Klipsch RP-450C (Center)
Freq. Resp.: 58-25 kHz
Sensitivity: 97db

Klipsch RP-150M (x4) (Surrounds)
Freq. Resp.: 48-25 kHz
Sensitivity: 93db
Power: 75W RMS / 300W peak

Klipsch CDT-5800-C II (x4) (Ceiling ATMOS)
Freq. Resp.: 49-23 kHz
Sensitivity: 95db
Power: 50W RMS / 200W peak

HSU VTF-3 MK5 Subwoofer (x2)
Low End Extension: 17 Hz (4" port open)
Power: 600W RMS / 2000W peak

At reference volume when watching a movie in 7.2.4 mode, will I be underpowering or overpowering these speakers with my X4300H?

That's where I am confused... Thanks for your help!

Klipsch speakers tend to be about 6 db less sensitive than claimed. However, they are still more sensitive than most, and are a good choice for you in this situation. You will not over power them. Whether you under power them or not depends on how loudly you listen. As long as you listen at reasonable levels, you should be fine.Reference level is too loud for most people, I consider it loud, and I often listen very loudly. I'm not sure your system is capable of reference level, but it will certainly be able to play loudly enough for most people.
If you hear distortion on loud passages, that means the amp is running out of juice, and clipping.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Klipsch speakers tend to be about 6 db less sensitive than claimed. However, they are still more sensitive than most, and are a good choice for you in this situation. You will not over power them. Whether you under power them or not depends on how loudly you listen. As long as you listen at reasonable levels, you should be fine.Reference level is too loud for most people, I consider it loud, and I often listen very loudly. I'm not sure your system is capable of reference level, but it will certainly be able to play loudly enough for most people.
If you hear distortion on loud passages, that means the amp is running out of juice, and clipping.
Excellent! Thanks for your great explanation and it's true, reference level is definitely loud! -10 dB more or less below reference is where I watch most of my movies.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Hi-

I did my RTFM diligence and am looking for some clarification. On my x6300...

I am going to be running another secondary TV in a Zone2, via HDMI. That TV will be limited to 1080p, while my projector is 4K. I want to run them simultaneously without screwing with the signal to the projector.

Is there a setting I can use to run 4K to the projector and have the receiver down-convert to 1080p for Zone2?
What setting should I use, so that when I run the projector-only it is treated as 4K?
Will I need to change anything with the source? In my case it is a 4K fire stick, set to give me a 4K feed when it's available. While 1080p is not the end of the world when both TVs are in use, I really don't want to make watching 4k on the projector a pain.

Thanks!

From the manual:
HDMI Video Output
Select the HDMI monitor connector to be used.
Auto(Dual)
(Default):
The presence of a TV connected to the HDMI MONITOR 1 or HDMI MONITOR 2 connector is detected automatically, and that TV connection is used.
Monitor 1:A TV connected to the HDMI MONITOR 1 connector is always used.
Monitor 2:A TV connected to the HDMI MONITOR 2 connector is always used.

--
If both the HDMI MONITOR 1 and HDMI MONITOR 2 connectors are connected and “Resolution” is set to “Auto”, the signals are output with a resolution that is compatible with both TVs. link
When the “Resolution” setting in the menu is not set to “Auto”, set the resolution in “Video” - “HDMI Monitor 1” and “HDMI Monitor 2” to one that is compatible with both TVs. link
You can check which resolutions are compatible with your TV in “HDMI Monitor 1” and “HDMI Monitor 2”. link

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello. I have a Denon ACR-1300W. About 2 weeks or so ago, it said it had an update and when I tried to stop it, I must have approved it and it went through its hour-long update cycle.

Since then I have had two problems appear, before then, no problems.
1. My TV (Sony X900H) now isn't able to tell there is activity despite actively using it and starts auto standbye/off warnings. I can disable all of these, but it used to have no issues.
2. The receiver turns on randomly throughout the day. It doesn't power off at random, just comes on for a bit and then shuts off.

OSD is showing
Firmware version 3600-3048-8004
DTS 3.90.50.00

Any ideas as to what is happening here or maybe a way to roll back the firmware update?

Thank you

·
Premium Member
88,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #18,299
Hi-

I did my RTFM diligence and am looking for some clarification. On my x6300...

I am going to be running another secondary TV in a Zone2, via HDMI. That TV will be limited to 1080p, while my projector is 4K. I want to run them simultaneously without screwing with the signal to the projector.

Is there a setting I can use to run 4K to the projector and have the receiver down-convert to 1080p for Zone2?
Not possible. Unless you upgrade the Zone 2 TV to 4k, then both displays will be down rez'd to 1080p when the same 4k source is passed to both.

·
Premium Member
88,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #18,300
Hello. I have a Denon ACR-1300W. About 2 weeks or so ago, it said it had an update and when I tried to stop it, I must have approved it and it went through its hour-long update cycle.

Since then I have had two problems appear, before then, no problems.
1. My TV (Sony X900H) now isn't able to tell there is activity despite actively using it and starts auto standbye/off warnings. I can disable all of these, but it used to have no issues.
2. The receiver turns on randomly throughout the day. It doesn't power off at random, just comes on for a bit and then shuts off.

OSD is showing
Firmware version 3600-3048-8004
DTS 3.90.50.00

Any ideas as to what is happening here or maybe a way to roll back the firmware update?

Thank you
If you can find an older firmware version, you can install it via USB.

18281 - 18300 of 18333 Posts