AVS Forum banner

18821 - 18840 of 18843 Posts

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
I did the Network Reset Twice, both times I was able to reset and connect to the WiFi and Internet according to diagnostics...yet when I try to use heos, it sees all my stations, but can't connect...then the network doesn't see the router again, so I have to put everything in again...rinse/repeat...
I've done hard resets on the router and the 4300, uninstalled/reinstalled Heos...
I'm getting ready to just hook-up my old chromecast and be done with it at this point.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
237 Posts
If you're running HEOS from the app then ensure that the phone and AVR on on the same WI-FI network

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
526 Posts
My X1300W is making a loud pop in the right channel a few times a day now. does this even when it's off, red right is on so I guess that is sleeping.

maybe I will try a factory reset.

I am due for new anyway probably, just bought new speakers and they deserve a bit more.

·
Premium Member
91,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18,824 ·
My X1300W is making a loud pop in the right channel a few times a day now. does this even when it's off, red right is on so I guess that is sleeping.

maybe I will try a factory reset.

I am due for new anyway probably, just bought new speakers and they deserve a bit more.
Move the speaker to another set of speaker posts to determine if the issue is the AVR or the speaker.

Note also, that if you feel your speakers need more power then simply raise the master volume level, otherwise, upgrading to a more powerful AVR won't likely help, rather instead you'll want to upgrade to a model that supports main zone pre-outs (ie. X3000 series and higher) and then purchase a much power powerful external amp (eg. 250W+).

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
If you're running HEOS from the app then ensure that the phone and AVR on on the same WI-FI network

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
It is, Thanks for the thought.

M

·
Registered
526 Posts
Move the speaker to another set of speaker posts to determine if the issue is the AVR or the speaker.

Note also, that if you feel your speakers need more power then simply raise the master volume level, otherwise, upgrading to a more powerful AVR won't likely help, rather instead you'll want to upgrade to a model that supports main zone pre-outs (ie. X3000 series and higher) and then purchase a much power powerful external amp (eg. 250W+).
Not following this, same thing with old and new speakers, so I don't see how it could be the speakers. sounds like a capacitor discharging maybe?

I was thinking a higher-end receiver for better sound quality, I have plenty power and nowhere to put extra amps here. I can't fit x3700, maybe x2700, may not be that much of a jump.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I also got this update. Not sure what it's for, but, the Android App has not been working for me for about a week. After the update it seems to be working again. Maybe that's all this did?
Didnt know android apps were on my 4300. Thanks for pointing that out🤔😳😳

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Didnt know android apps were on my 4300. Thanks for pointing that out
Yep, download Heos from the Play Store.
It's not just for their Heos Speaker system.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Yep, download Heos from the Play Store.
It's not just for their Heos Speaker system.

AAMOF, DENON also has an AVR Remote app, you can control almost everything from your phone, I've used it many times.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hi, is there a way for having different surround parameters set per default for the different sources? E.g. I like "center spread“ on for (online) music, but not necessarily for TV/movie material. As far as I can tell it always seems to keep the last setting even when changing input or mode (music vs movie). Ideally I would like it to behave similar to what PLIIx did in the past that was optimized depending on the mode.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I ran Audyssey on x1300w and it set my new B&W 607 to Large/40hz and the sub still works!? I thought the L+R had to be set to small for the sub to work?

I may go x2700h soon, the x3700h is too large for my shelf.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I ran Audyssey on x1300w and it set my new B&W 607 to Large/40hz and the sub still works!? I thought the L+R had to be set to small for the sub to work?

No, most of us set the fronts to small, so all the bass is handled by the sub or subs.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
91,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18,833 ·

Depends. If you only have 2 speakers and the source is stereo 2.0, then the sub will not be active; however, if the source is DD 2.1 or DD/DTS 5.1, then yes, the sub would receive the LFE signal and therefore be active.

·
Premium Member
91,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18,834 ·
Hi, is there a way for having different surround parameters set per default for the different sources? E.g. I like "center spread“ on for (online) music, but not necessarily for TV/movie material. As far as I can tell it always seems to keep the last setting even when changing input or mode (music vs movie). Ideally I would like it to behave similar to what PLIIx did in the past that was optimized depending on the mode.
Yes. You can use the QUICK SELECT buttons.

·
Registered
524 Posts
So my AVR-X3300W got an update. It took less than 8 minutes to do.

Firmware Version: 8600-3048-9140
DTS Version: 3.90.50.00

Previous version was...
Firmware Version: 8600-3048-9190
DTS Version: 3.90.50.00

So it regressed a little? Denon / Marantz version numbers make no sense.

Naturally world peace was achieved with this update or some other nebulous improvement.

·
Registered
514 Posts
In need of refresher help. Long story short, after a power outage, my Denon 6300H receiver lost some of its settings. LUCKILY I had the configuration backed up on a flash drive. So I went through the load process to restore my settings and everything seems to be back to the way I had it.

In reviewing things there is one thing I can't remember how the receiver functions. It's been a couple years since I've paid attention to the settings so just had a "quick" question.

In reviewing the Audyssey settings, my FRONTS were set to Large. It looks like I cannot adjust that setting. But in my Manual setting I had them set to SMALL. I "believe" for optimal BASS, the ideal setting is to have them to SMALL (Like I do in Manual settings).

Qeustions: When watching a movie or listening to music, what is the setting for my fronts. Is it looking at the manual mode or the audyssey mode?
Am I correct in that I cannot change the Audyssey setting? Is me having them set to small in my Manual setting the override?

Any help in this area is appreciated. I really cannot remember what I am to have the setting on. I've looked all through the manual and "googled" but cannot find exact help on this topic.

·
Premium Member
91,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18,837 ·
In need of refresher help. Long story short, after a power outage, my Denon 6300H receiver lost some of its settings. LUCKILY I had the configuration backed up on a flash drive. So I went through the load process to restore my settings and everything seems to be back to the way I had it.

In reviewing things there is one thing I can't remember how the receiver functions. It's been a couple years since I've paid attention to the settings so just had a "quick" question.

In reviewing the Audyssey settings, my FRONTS were set to Large. It looks like I cannot adjust that setting. But in my Manual setting I had them set to SMALL. I "believe" for optimal BASS, the ideal setting is to have them to SMALL (Like I do in Manual settings).

Qeustions: When watching a movie or listening to music, what is the setting for my fronts. Is it looking at the manual mode or the audyssey mode?
Am I correct in that I cannot change the Audyssey setting? Is me having them set to small in my Manual setting the override?

Any help in this area is appreciated. I really cannot remember what I am to have the setting on. I've looked all through the manual and "googled" but cannot find exact help on this topic.
Correct. The MANUAL Setup settings override the Audyssey Setup settings which remain as is so you can return to them should you need to return to them.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Stupid question, but can I pre-out the LCR channels to an external amp and just use the X4300H for the remaining channels? I currently have a 7.2.4 setup, so I want to know if I go with a 3-channel Emotiva amp, can I have the X4300H run as 4.2.4 and have the LCR channels pre-out to the external amp?

·
Premium Member
This spot for sale or rent.
5,541 Posts
Stupid question, but can I pre-out the LCR channels to an external amp and just use the X4300H for the remaining channels? I currently have a 7.2.4 setup, so I want to know if I go with a 3-channel Emotiva amp, can I have the X4300H run as 4.2.4 and have the LCR channels pre-out to the external amp?
Yes. You'll have to properly assign the speakers in amp assign, but it's pretty easy to set up. All pre outs are always live, you just have to reassign the Denon to power all the Atmos speakers, instead of just the front 2 as is default.
Speakers>Manual Setup>Amp Assign>
Assign Mode 11.1
Floor layout
-5 chan and SB
Height
Dependent on your setup with ultimately you setting the pre out to front, which will make the speaker posts for your rear Atmos live.

Reactions: ERuiz

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Yes. You'll have to properly assign the speakers in amp assign, but it's pretty easy to set up. All pre outs are always live, you just have to reassign the Denon to power all the Atmos speakers, instead of just the front 2 as is default.
Speakers>Manual Setup>Amp Assign>
Assign Mode 11.1
Floor layout
-5 chan and SB
Height
Dependent on your setup with ultimately you setting the pre out to front, which will make the speaker posts for your rear Atmos live.
Sweet, thanks!

Reactions: drh3b
18821 - 18840 of 18843 Posts