AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 3338 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Very pleased to see the new Ghostbusters UHD version came with both the regular Blu-ray and 3D versions as well. Would be a cool trend if this becomes the new norm. As for the movie, she is having a girls night Friday so can't say how it looks or if it truly is terrible. Maybe I can bribe them to do half in 3D and the other half in 4K. I'm more interested in checking out Margot Robbie in Tarzan UHD.

:)

·
Premium Member
5,159 Posts
I've had the chance to take some light meter readings with a Minolta LS100.

Stewart Film screen 100 solid material. 2.08 aspect ratio. Throw distance approximately 19 Feet.

Settings:

Laser Output: 100
Contrast : 87
Brightness: 52.

Fully calibrated to Rec 709.

12' wide, 1.78 Image, Peak ft-L 32.50, Peak Black level .003, On/Off 10,800:1.

14' wide, 1.78 Image masked down to 2.35 Image area, Peak ft-L 24.64, Peak Black Level .002, On/Off 12,320:1

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
I've had the chance to take some light meter readings with a Minolta LS100.

Stewart Film screen 100 solid material. 2.08 aspect ratio. Throw distance approximately 19 Feet.

Settings:

Laser Output: 100
Contrast : 87
Brightness: 52.

Fully calibrated to Rec 709.

12' wide, 1.78 Image, Peak ft-L 32.50, Peak Black level .003, On/Off 10,800:1.

14' wide, 1.78 Image masked down to 2.35 Image area, Peak ft-L 24.64, Peak Black Level .002, On/Off 12,320:1
LJG
Could you measure FTL on 14 foot wide 2:35 Screen also?
And please advise the throw from lens face to center of the acreen.
Thanks in advance.
Ash

·
Premium Member
5,159 Posts
Ash:

14' wide 1.78 is same as 2.35, it is masked on top and bottom....this produced 2.35 image- lens throw is 19' appx

·
Registered
26,935 Posts
How do these newcomers compare to the tried and true 1.0 gain StudioTek 100 / SnoMatte?

·
Premium Member
7,450 Posts
Those looking at a screen should give the Seymour Screen Excellence Enlightor 4K AT a serious look, especially with this projector's high light output. Zero artifacts, great accuracy, sharpness and contrast. I am 100% happy with this screen, and it passes the hockey torture test flawlessly.

·
Premium Member
7,450 Posts
Has Sony ever indicated what that juicy and intriguing expansion slot is? I'm presuming HDMI 2.1; perhaps Dolby Vision???

Reactions: joerod

·
Registered
82 Posts
anyone using their VW5000 with crestron? what protocol are you using since didnt find the vw5000 in the crestron library

·
Registered
24,740 Posts
Art:

I guarantee that you will be very happy moving from 130 gain to 100. You will not miss the texture

Lon,
I'm sure you are correct it's just dropping from 35fL down to 18 ( new larger screen) could be a shock. I've been looking at a very bright image on both the 5000 with the Studiotech and the modded Christie which gave me over 40fL with a new lamp.

Art

·
Registered
24,740 Posts
Those looking at a screen should give the Seymour Screen Excellence Enlightor 4K AT a serious look, especially with this projector's high light output. Zero artifacts, great accuracy, sharpness and contrast. I am 100% happy with this screen, and it passes the hockey torture test flawlessly.

I've heard the same it's just that the Screen Excellence four way masking has a limited closure which won't cover my needs. I hear something is coming but there is no time frame.

Art

·
Premium Member
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Art:

I guarantee that you will be very happy moving from 130 gain to 100. You will not miss the texture
We came from the SilverStar which is a different type of beast altogher but watching Tarzan UHD tonight on the 100 it was just so clean. The sky, water, jungle and the lovely Margot Robbie just appeared so clear. I seriously doubt we could ever change screens after "seeing" how amazing movies can look.

·
Registered
82 Posts
anyone who has built an hushbox for the VW5000? I am sitting right under the projector so I can hear it a Little bit to much. Pictures on the husbox would be great

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Yes, I've used some acoustic foam inside on the solid walls. I covered the rear openings on the sides with very loose speaker grill foam and the front air intakes areas have black metal mesh. Hushbox and the foams inside help a lot for lessening the sound of the fans. While it's certainly not totally silent, it sure does a good job compared to have no box

21 - 40 of 3338 Posts