AVS Forum banner

9901 - 9920 of 10074 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I just received my Avm-60 today.
I did all the basic connections to my both of my xpa power amp and everything rolls # 1.
Only thing i notice is my backlight is white and not blue ... strange?
anyone have this problem?
Im kinda ocd and wanted the blue backlit to fit my Emotiva.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Hi, Quick question regarding the AVM60.

Is there a setting page, I’️m just looking for the best settings to make sure I'm getting the best out of my new Anthem, thanks
The best settings in your room with your speakers and your sources and your furniture will be much different than the best settings in my room with my speakers and my sources and my furniture, or anybody’s.

The best thing is to read the manual, install ARC Genesis on your laptop and start dialing it in for your room and your situation.

That’s why they make them so configurable! 😊

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
What are you guys doing as a solution for multiple amp 12v triggering? The AVM60 has only one 12v trigger, is it as easy as buying a splitter from Amazon in order to trigger two amps?

·
Registered
33 Posts
What are you guys doing as a solution for multiple amp 12v triggering? The AVM60 has only one 12v trigger, is it as easy as buying a splitter from Amazon in order to trigger two amps?
I use the trigger output on my amp to trigger the next item in line. They are daisy chained together.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
I love my AVM 60, but was concerned that only having a single 12V trigger would be a limitation as I was used to having different triggers for amps in the main zone and those needed for zone2, etc. Currently I am using the single trigger for zone 1 and that initiates the startup sequence on my Panamax power controller that starts source components, then the amps after a suitable delay. I manually switch on the zone 2 amps when needed.

I have purchased a smart power strip that can detect the AVM 60 turning on and then power a wall wart that will produce a 12V trigger for my zone 1 stuff, leaving the official 12V trigger for zone 2, but haven't bothered to hook it up as the current situation is really not a problem.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Splitter would work for two amps. But Emotiva has a product that expands one trigger into 3 i think. its called ET-3

Reactions: Jonas2

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
The mono splitter is harder to find on amazon than stereo ones. If your amps require a mono signal like my Rotel amps you can use this mono splitter and mono cables.
https://www.amazon.com/Hosa-YMM-261-Stereo-Breakout-Cable/dp/B000068O5H/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3O5JH057EW5Q6&dchild=1&keywords=3.5mm+mono+splitter&qid=1588180874&s=electronics&sprefix=3.5mm+mono+,electronics,478&sr=1-4
https://www.amazon.com/Ancable-2-Pack-3-5mm-Monaural-Audio/dp/B06Y29R6ZW/ref=sr_1_3?crid=67VU023Z3AEB&dchild=1&keywords=3.5mm+mono+cable&qid=1588181138&s=electronics&sprefix=3.5mm+mono+cabl,electronics,468&sr=1-3

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
If you don't need 2 independent 12V triggers, then is some cases, an amp will pass through the trigger and have a trigger in and trigger out.

·
Premium Member
6,818 Posts
I use the AVM trigger to go to my Panamax M5400 trigger in, that feeds a 12V trigger out, and activates a bank of outlets. Trigger out goes to my main amp, Atmos amp is on one if the swtiched outlets, auto-sequencing so the amps power up after the AVM. Great if you have a Panamax, otherwise it's a pricey option. As already mentioned by @dwander , there's this too, pretty reasonable:

https://emotiva.com/collections/accessories/products/et-3

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
We are talking two different things here. If all one needs is triggers with the same logic to multiple devices, then there are indeed several low cost approaches. The more difficult situation is when you want the triggers to respond to different logic, e.g. zone 2 vs zone 1, or drop the screen if video is involved, or if some triggers need to be delayed. That requires independent 12V triggers and since with my last pre/pro I had 3, I was concerned about how to handle those situation with the AVM 60, hence my suggestions above.

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
Basic question about the avm60. Does it support DSD over hdmi?
It does not and is converted to PCM, which is the one limitation for me on this unit, everything else I love about it. My old Pioneer Elite which played back Native DSD did not sound as good as my Anthem playing back PCM.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It does not and is converted to PCM, which is the one limitation for me on this unit, everything else I love about it. My old Pioneer Elite which played back Native DSD did not sound as good as my Anthem playing back PCM.
Ok thank you very much. I appreciate the responses.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Does anyone know what "Dialog Control" is please, it comes up when you press the PG/PR button that is opposite the volume button.

I can't find anything in the manual,

Thanks

·
Registered
Anthem D2v, LG C7 OLED, NAD M27
592 Posts
Does anyone know what "Dialog Control" is please, it comes up when you press the PG/PR button that is opposite the volume button.

I can't find anything in the manual,

Thanks
5.11 DTS:X DIALOG LEVEL CONTROL
This applies only to dtsX sources making use of the function - to raise or lower the level of the dialog (actor voices), use the PG/PR up/down buttons on the remote. The range is 0-6 dB, default 3 dB.

·
Registered
120 Posts
5.11 DTS:X DIALOG LEVEL CONTROL
This applies only to dtsX sources making use of the function - to raise or lower the level of the dialog (actor voices), use the PG/PR up/down buttons on the remote. The range is 0-6 dB, default 3 dB.

Thanks for the reply, it’s works on Dolby digital as well though ?

·
Registered
Anthem D2v, LG C7 OLED, NAD M27
592 Posts
Thanks for the reply, it’s works on Dolby digital as well though ?
I think Dolby has a "dialog optimization" that is usually around +4 dB, are you able to change it with your remote for a Dolby track? Undocumented feature maybe?

9901 - 9920 of 10074 Posts