AVS Forum banner

9921 - 9940 of 10060 Posts

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
I think Dolby has a "dialog optimization" that is usually around +4 dB, are you able to change it with your remote for a Dolby track? Undocumented feature maybe?
That is Dialog Normalization, and to my knowledge, it is inaccessible in the Anthem. I am not even sure that you can see what is encoded. Some AVRs will show you, but I don't recall seeing it in the Anthem.

·
Registered
Anthem D2v, LG C7 OLED, NAD M27
592 Posts
That is Dialog Normalization, and to my knowledge, it is inaccessible in the Anthem. I am not even sure that you can see what is encoded. Some AVRs will show you, but I don't recall seeing it in the Anthem.
It flashes up for a second or two on my D2v, but I've never tried to see if it could be modified.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
It does not and is converted to PCM, which is the one limitation for me on this unit, everything else I love about it. My old Pioneer Elite which played back Native DSD did not sound as good as my Anthem playing back PCM.

Just to be clear, the source player must convert to PCM or does the Anthem do that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Anthem D2v, LG C7 OLED, NAD M27
592 Posts
Just to be clear, the source player must convert to PCM or does the Anthem do that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, there is a setting in the Oppo's menu. I think if you bitstream DSD, you end up with static/noise.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I need some help and advice please, It feels/sounds to me that my left surround speaker is louder and more noticeable than my right even after running ARC and reducing the level on the left surround speaker manually.

Now it could be all in my head, who nows.

I've tried measuring with an SPL meter but it's not supporting my feeling.

Any thoughts/advice would be welcomed, for reference my speakers are Mk IW150 LCR and S150T surrounds with 4 IC95 Atmos speakers.

Thanks

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
I need some help and advice please, It feels/sounds to me that my left surround speaker is louder and more noticeable than my right even after running ARC and reducing the level on the left surround speaker manually.

Now it could be all in my head, who knows.
Try facing the rear of the room to see if the imbalance is same or reverses.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any thoughts on why my AVM would be powering off on its own about 15 minutes after listening to a cd. I'm only using input 1 with HDMI and input two with RCA(for music). I'm using the most recent firmware 1.4.095 and i see an auto off on the online manual but I'm not seeing that in my menu. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Maybe CEC?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Could any of you AVM60 owners classify the sound signature? I currently have a Yamaha CX A5100 and was wondering how it would differ if I made a move to the Anthem. I know this is very subjective and has a lot to do with the rest of your system. I have Parasound Halo amplifiers and Polk Audio LSiM speakers so my systems already tends to be on the warmer side of things.

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
Any update on when IMAX Enhanced going to be released?

Reactions: Rgrim74

·
Registered
474 Posts
I updated my firmware to v1.4.095 last week and my AVM60 wouldn't go into Wifi Configuration. I tried both the remote and the buttons in front of the unit. Does anyone have links to an older firmware?

·
Premium Member
6,818 Posts
I updated my firmware to v1.4.095 last week and my AVM60 wouldn't go into Wifi Configuration. I tried both the remote and the buttons in front of the unit. Does anyone have links to an older firmware?

Do a factory reset. I wouldn't try to install older firmware, not sure it's possible...:confused:

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Could any of you AVM60 owners classify the sound signature? I currently have a Yamaha CX A5100 and was wondering how it would differ if I made a move to the Anthem. I know this is very subjective and has a lot to do with the rest of your system. I have Parasound Halo amplifiers and Polk Audio LSiM speakers so my systems already tends to be on the warmer side of things.
I've had Parasound Halo amps (A21 and A51) and other amps paired with the AVM 60 and I think the best way I can describe the sound is accurate. It's not harsh, but it also does not hide detail. The surround processing and Dolby Surround upmixing are first class and do a very convincing job with effects and with dialog. In addition, with Genesis, you can somewhat tailor the sound. I think the AVM excels at sub integration and accuracy to the source. And the Halo amps are overachievers. Hard to beat for the build quality and sound for the price.

I haven't used higher end Yamaha processors, so I can't really give you a comparison, but I've had several processors over the years and the AVM 60 is the 2nd best sounding one I've used (Statement D2V was slightly better with music).

·
Registered
474 Posts
I've had Parasound Halo amps (A21 and A51) and other amps paired with the AVM 60 and I think the best way I can describe the sound is accurate. It's not harsh, but it also does not hide detail. The surround processing and Dolby Surround upmixing are first class and do a very convincing job with effects and with dialog. In addition, with Genesis, you can somewhat tailor the sound. I think the AVM excels at sub integration and accuracy to the source. And the Halo amps are overachievers. Hard to beat for the build quality and sound for the price.

I haven't used higher end Yamaha processors, so I can't really give you a comparison, but I've had several processors over the years and the AVM 60 is the 2nd best sounding one I've used (Statement D2V was slightly better with music).
I second this. I love my AVM60 after owning it for 3 months. It does a fantastic job in my HT and ARC makes it super easy to optimize a room.

I say your room, speakers and amps probably will make a bigger difference than your processor with similar capabilities.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Do a factory reset. I wouldn't try to install older firmware, not sure it's possible...:confused:

I think it is. I had the current beta installed, went back to last official release (just to check internal test tones which don't work with the beta in my system), back to the beta currently. I have the MRX720 but don't think that makes a difference.

·
Premium Member
6,818 Posts
I think it is. I had the current beta installed, went back to last official release (just to check internal test tones which don't work with the beta in my system), back to the beta currently. I have the MRX720 but don't think that makes a difference.

Very well could be. I might be thinking of my TV, I know I've got something that won't go back to earlier firmware. Wish I could install better memory in my noggin...:eek:

9921 - 9940 of 10060 Posts