AVS Forum banner

9941 - 9960 of 10077 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Very well could be. I might be thinking of my TV, I know I've got something that won't go back to earlier firmware. Wish I could install better memory in my noggin...:eek:

Could be your Oppo. As I recall, once one of the earlier updates was installed, no going back.

I could use some better memory for my noggin as well :)

Reactions: Jonas2

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've had Parasound Halo amps (A21 and A51) and other amps paired with the AVM 60 and I think the best way I can describe the sound is accurate. It's not harsh, but it also does not hide detail. The surround processing and Dolby Surround upmixing are first class and do a very convincing job with effects and with dialog. In addition, with Genesis, you can somewhat tailor the sound. I think the AVM excels at sub integration and accuracy to the source. And the Halo amps are overachievers. Hard to beat for the build quality and sound for the price.

I haven't used higher end Yamaha processors, so I can't really give you a comparison, but I've had several processors over the years and the AVM 60 is the 2nd best sounding one I've used (Statement D2V was slightly better with music).
I second this. I love my AVM60 after owning it for 3 months. It does a fantastic job in my HT and ARC makes it super easy to optimize a room.

I say your room, speakers and amps probably will make a bigger difference than your processor with similar capabilities.
Thank you for the feedback. I suspect the AVM60 would be a definite improvement over the Yamaha. Now to justify the upgrade cost. It is very tempting with the current sale price on the Anthem products.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Thank you for the feedback. I suspect the AVM60 would be a definite improvement over the Yamaha. Now to justify the upgrade cost. It is very tempting with the current sale price on the Anthem products.
Well... I've had Anthem products for the past 15 years or so and I love the AVM60 that I picked up recently for my latest theatre.

I also bought an Anthem STR integrated amp for my office last week and it's such a transparent amp. If you can swing it, with the current sale, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the current beta installed, went back to last official release (just to check internal test tones which don't work with the beta in my system), back to the beta currently.
Any details you can release about the beta or link to beta firmware/release notes (couldn’t find any notes or details elsewhere)?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Reactions: seanos

·
Registered
474 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,821 Posts
Could be your Oppo. As I recall, once one of the earlier updates was installed, no going back.

I could use some better memory for my noggin as well :)
Yeah, I think you're right, something does ring a bell about the Oppo....:eek:

I did a factory reset, but I still can't get into my network UI. I'm going to try another firmware next.
Sounds like you can install other firmwares, maybe try one previous? Still, the latest firmware I wouldn't think would be the cause of the issue.

I believe it's due soon, I'v only just got my AVM60 so don't even know how to update the firmware, is it over wifi or USB ?
USB. Download from Anthem...

·
Registered
507 Posts
USB :( My STR amp can only be updated over network through the ARC software.

How stable is this firmware? It's beta after all....

I've had no issues with the beta firmware other than the test tones from the Anthem Setup menu no longer work. I believe others have had same issues whereas others not (but need to make sure input the Anthem is on has same speaker profile as one running test tones on; this didn't work for me but only played with it briefly).

·
Registered
474 Posts
I've had no issues with the beta firmware other than the test tones from the Anthem Setup menu no longer work. I believe others have had same issues whereas others not (but need to make sure input the Anthem is on has same speaker profile as one running test tones on; this didn't work for me but only played with it briefly).
That is great to hear! I'll probably try the beta and see what happens.

The interesting thing is test tones don't work with my previous / factory loaded firmware either, so I'm not even missing out out anything.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Any rumblings of an AVM70? Is that something that would be announced at CEDIA if it was going to be released this year?
There are rumblings, but who knows what COVID is going to do to all these time frames.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Thanks for the link! I upgraded to the beta firmware and was able to configure my Wifi. Now I need to run ARC again tonight.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Could any of you AVM60 owners classify the sound signature? I currently have a Yamaha CX A5100 and was wondering how it would differ if I made a move to the Anthem. I know this is very subjective and has a lot to do with the rest of your system. I have Parasound Halo amplifiers and Polk Audio LSiM speakers so my systems already tends to be on the warmer side of things.
With an Anthem A5 amp, seems to be neutral with no particular sound of its own. Results with an ATI AT625NC are quite similar.

As you say, it's a subjective call so YMMV.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Speakers occasionally crackling - AVM 60 and Apple TV 4K

Hi All....I’m at my wits end with my sound when watching or listening through my family room setup as I get occasional crackling that sounds as though I’ve blown a channel or three when watching or listening. I have an ATV 4K > HDMI > AVM 60 > Anthem Statement A5 > Paradigm CI Elite in ceiling speakers.

HDMI cable is 21.5gbps (4K), XLR to the amplifier and 14 gauge copper speaker wire.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hi All....I’m at my wits end with my sound when watching or listening through my family room setup as I get occasional crackling that sounds as though I’ve blown a channel or three when watching or listening. I have an ATV 4K > HDMI > AVM 60 > Anthem Statement A5 > Paradigm CI Elite in ceiling speakers.

HDMI cable is 21.5gbps (4K), XLR to the amplifier and 14 gauge copper speaker wire.

Any thoughts?
I'd start by checking the speaker wire connection. I had similar issues in my car and it turned out the "professional" shop didn't connect the wires properly to my mids.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd start by checking the speaker wire connection. I had similar issues in my car and it turned out the "professional" shop didn't connect the wires properly to my mids.
Thanks for the response. I’ll double check the connections although I’m not sure that’ll be the issue as the crackling isn’t a permanent thing, rather seems to be dependent on the source material.

·
Registered
72 Posts

Any thoughts?
Is ARC turned on? I think some older versions of ARC Genesis made mistakes that resulted in clipped audio. Doing a new run with the latest version could resolve that. Simply turning it off could be a lower effort test.

9941 - 9960 of 10077 Posts