AVS Forum banner

9981 - 10000 of 10077 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Is there any way to get wireless to work on the AVM60? The wireless setup on my new AVM60 does not work. It just hangs after clicking on wireless setup. I upgraded to the latest firmware and cant get the wireless setup to even respond on this brand new AVM60. Thanks for any help or suggestions. I'm trying to get it connected to calibrated ARC.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Is there any way to get wireless to work on the AVM60? The wireless setup on my new AVM60 does not work. It just hangs after clicking on wireless setup. I upgraded to the latest firmware and cant get the wireless setup to even respond on this brand new AVM60. Thanks for any help or suggestions. I'm trying to get it connected to calibrated ARC.
The Anthem ARC only works if your laptop is on the same Network subnet as your AVM60. If you have a wireless router then check what IP was assigned to your AVM60 and what IP was assigned to your laptop.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Both HDMI Out 1 & 2 Don't Work

I've had my AVM 60 in a dedicated theater for about a month. All working well until all of a sudden, no picture.

-I have tried new HDMI cables and confirmed my sources (AppleTV, Sony Blu-Ray) work when directly connected to my Sony Projector bypassing the AVM 60.
-I have tried hooking up a 40" Sony 4K TV monitor just to make sure there's not a Projector/AVM 60 problem, no luck.
-I have done a Hard Reset (and painstakingly put back in all of my settings), no luck.

Does anyone think replacing the Firmware (which is up to date) would be of any use? I'm trying to think of anything short of having my theater out of commission for a couple months while the unit gets returned, worked on, shipped back and forth, etc.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've had my AVM 60 in a dedicated theater for about a month. All working well until all of a sudden, no picture.

-I have tried new HDMI cables and confirmed my sources (AppleTV, Sony Blu-Ray) work when directly connected to my Sony Projector bypassing the AVM 60.
-I have tried hooking up a 40" Sony 4K TV monitor just to make sure there's not a Projector/AVM 60 problem, no luck.
-I have done a Hard Reset (and painstakingly put back in all of my settings), no luck.

Does anyone think replacing the Firmware (which is up to date) would be of any use? I'm trying to think of anything short of having my theater out of commission for a couple months while the unit gets returned, worked on, shipped back and forth, etc.

Thanks in advance!
Check Imput Setup-Audio Imput if is HDMI ARC NO Image so switch to HDMI

·
Registered
120 Posts

Thanks in advance!
I had the same happen with mine, I managed to get the picture back by doing the following.

Connect one of the devices directly to the TV or projector taking the AVM60 out of the loop, check you're getting a picture, then connect that device back to the Anthem as normal, then using just the main monitor out set everything back up.

You should, well I did get the picture back, I have reverted to just using the one monitor out which to be honest I should have been using it like that from the start.

Give it a try and let me know

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had the same happen with mine, I managed to get the picture back by doing the following.

Connect one of the devices directly to the TV or projector taking the AVM60 out of the loop, check you're getting a picture, then connect that device back to the Anthem as normal, then using just the main monitor out set everything back up.

You should, well I did get the picture back, I have reverted to just using the one monitor out which to be honest I should have been using it like that from the start.

Give it a try and let me know
I have checked and got a picture from each of my individual sources directly connected to my projector.
I only have HDMI Out 1 that I use from the AVM 60 to the projector.
Still No picture passing through the AVM 60 making me surmise the HDMI Output is shot…

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
I have checked and got a picture from each of my individual sources directly connected to my projector.
I only have HDMI Out 1 that I use from the AVM 60 to the projector.
Still No picture passing through the AVM 60 making me surmise the HDMI Output is shot…
What does the front panel display report for picture format?

Have you tried using HDMI 2 output?

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
Front Panel says 1080P (which really shouldn’t be correct because it’s a 4K AppleTV input as well as a Sony 4K Blu-ray).

Yes, tried HDMI Out 2, same nothing…
Ok, just checking the easy stuff.
And the display reports no signal -- it's not just a black image? If you open the AVM setup menu, nothing appears?
Got any other displays handy to try? I realize this is a "long shot."

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ok, just checking the easy stuff.
And the display reports no signal -- it's not just a black image? If you open the AVM setup menu, nothing appears?
Got any other displays handy to try? I realize this is a "long shot."
My Projector screen just has HDMI 1 on it which is the input of the Sony projector that I have the one and only HDMI interconnect plugged into.

As part of my troubleshooting, I did bring in a 4K Sony TV and same problem, no picture.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
I suspect you are well beyond this, but I have a macro for my SONY projector that switches the input to HDMI2 and then back to 1. That causes the whole chair to renegotiate the handshake and can cure this sort of problem if things come up out of sync for whatever reason.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Could any of you AVM60 owners classify the sound signature? I currently have a Yamaha CX A5100 and was wondering how it would differ if I made a move to the Anthem. I know this is very subjective and has a lot to do with the rest of your system. I have Parasound Halo amplifiers and Polk Audio LSiM speakers so my systems already tends to be on the warmer side of things.
Hi sgmsmg -

I like warm sound signatures. I had a Marantz SR8012, which I liked very much. To my ear Marantz has a pleasing warm sound on SVS ultra speakers. The Marantz didn't have enough power for me and I moved to Anthem AVM 60 & MCA amps, with the same SVS ultra speakers. Honestly, I couldn't be happier with the AVM 60's sound signature. It's warm, clear, and precise. The Anthem Room Correction is stellar. I'm very, very happy with my AVM 60.

Reed.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Just picked mine up today and hooked it up, boy this thing is complicated! Loving it so far, but just basic hook up, haven't even done the ARC yet. I will probably be leaning on some of you fine folks here so please forgive me for the upcoming stupidity. I have to pick up some Atmos up firing speakers before I do my calibrations,(in a condo so in ceiling speakers are out of the question) but so far, loving the sound quality! Just a question, I have hard wired to my network, but can you update software through that connection? Says it has to be downloaded to a thumb drive?
I've only had mine a week and so far haven't found a way to update it by network. The thumb drive is easy enough so I haven't put a lot of effort into it. Did you find a way to update via network?

·
Registered
498 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
And the thumb drive must be formatted FAT32.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a problem with my AVM 60.

I have it connected to four devices:

Music device (Optical 1) (default on power-up)
PC (HDMI 1, via Ruipro active cables)
Blu-Ray Player (HDMI 2)
PlayStation 4 (HDMI 4)

The problem is, it's presenting as a display device for my PC, no matter whcih input I select.

It's super annoying, because it means if I'm listening to music (say), my PC thinks there's a second display and I keep losing my mouse pointer and windows. I have to unplug the HDMI cable from the back of my PC, then plug it in again if I want to use my PC through my projector.

What's going on?

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I have a problem with my AVM 60.

I have it connected to four devices:

Music device (Optical 1) (default on power-up)

PC (HDMI 1, via Ruipro active cables)

Blu-Ray Player (HDMI 2)

PlayStation 4 (HDMI 4)

The problem is, it's presenting as a display device for my PC, no matter whcih input I select.

It's super annoying, because it means if I'm listening to music (say), my PC thinks there's a second display and I keep losing my mouse pointer and windows. I have to unplug the HDMI cable from the back of my PC, then plug it in again if I want to use my PC through my projector.

What's going on?
on PC, try pressing windows key and P at same time..
Then choose top option.. Think it says display 1 or main display only...

Then when you want your anthem to see computer, press windows key and P And choose either display 2 only or extend.. or Mirror..dependkng in what you want to do.

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

9981 - 10000 of 10077 Posts