AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This topic will open when HD coverage begins. Please post all related comments here, thanks.

Tentative schedule for Saturday, April 12

3:30-6:30 PM EST

I would not be surprised to see coverage extend beyond 6:30pm, until 3rd round play is complete.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's up on the network in HDTV.

Remember, only on CBS today.

·
Registered
619 Posts
WSBT-DT in South Bend, IN has beautiful HD. Having full sun makes a big difference...

·
Registered
80 Posts
No HD on KRQE In Albuquerque NM. Called them and they said there wasnt a tech scheduled in till 3:00pm!!!!!! Shenanigans.

·
Registered
45,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by TMBUTCH
In Portland, some cameras seem HD, some SD widescreen. Best PQ has so far been marginal IMO.
42 HD cameras, 10 SD handheld.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Anyone else hear an embeded "clicking" noise in the DD audio (Sacramento OTA HD)???? I hear it through both my receiver and if I turn the audio up on my TV speakers - never heard it in any other HD broadcast.

·
Registered
619 Posts
By the way, I heard on the local news this morning that the commercial-free aspect of the Masters broadcasts is thanks to CBS. Seems they don't want their advertisers to be connected with the boycott by Martha Burk and the NOW protest. This makes me appreciate CBS all the more; higher production costs due to the 42 HD cameras and associated equipment, plus no revenue from advertisement.

Someone brought this up in the Friday thread, so I thought I'd answer it, not to start any off-topic discussion.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hmmm, a commercial... for The First Tee. I like the misty sidebars, better than the Masters logos the have been using on the other 4:3 shots.

Since I'm watching OTA, it's evident that the blocking that occurs on WSBT's HD broadcasts is due to their simulcasting SD on 22-2. I didn't see any blocking yesterday on Dish 9425, and I've noticed it several times in today's broadcast.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm watching the coverage today on Expressvu's CBS. The picture quality is not nearly as good as yesterday's! Friday's picture was stunning. Although it is widescreen, it looks at best like a Fox 480p widescreen? Anyone else seeing that? Anyone know why?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Isn't that Jeff Maggert!!

:)

·
Registered
45,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by FrankAnthony
I'm watching the coverage today on Expressvu's CBS. The picture quality is not nearly as good as yesterday's! Friday's picture was stunning. Although it is widescreen, it looks at best like a Fox 480p widescreen? Anyone else seeing that? Anyone know why?
Looks the same to me, and I'm comparing BEV & CBS OTA.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.