AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2759 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the the BBC or similar plan to put out any Blu Ray stuff.

Im looking for any of the BBC at the Proms Hi Def broadcasts from Norah Jones..Paul Weller...Amy Winehouse...Corrine Bailey Rae.

Or maybe tv shows like ROBIN HOOD...BLEAK HOUSE...HOTEL BABYLON..

·
Registered
97 Posts
Spooks and Life on Mars were not made in HD.

Torchwood would be great though. One of the cleanest HD pictures i've seen and the BBC HD feed is on a par with the majority of disc releases we've had.

·
Registered
59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy710199 /forum/post/0

Does anyone know if the the BBC or similar plan to put out any Blu Ray stuff.

Im looking for any of the BBC at the Proms Hi Def broadcasts from Norah Jones..Paul Weller...Amy Winehouse...Corrine Bailey Rae.

Or maybe tv shows like ROBIN HOOD...BLEAK HOUSE...HOTEL BABYLON..

I believe the BBC's Planet Earth is already available for pre-order. Since Warner Home Video releases BBC programming in the US it is available for both formats.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah i got that on my list. But im talking more about tv shows like Bleak House and the like..BBC HD are showing some awesome stuff.. Or so im told... Dont live in the Uk anymore..

So im really hoping that start putting out some of this in BLU RAY

·
Registered
359 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon smith /forum/post/0

Spooks and Life on Mars were not made in HD.

Torchwood would be great though. One of the cleanest HD pictures i've seen and the BBC HD feed is on a par with the majority of disc releases we've had.

Torchwood would be sweet!

·
Registered
1,511 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy710199 /forum/post/0

Yeah i got that on my list. But im talking more about tv shows like Bleak House and the like..

You mean other than documentaries?

It's a bit early, don't forget that very few shows are shot in HD and none are shot on film.

In terms of films we've had Layer Cake and James Bond. We're also due Sense and Sensibility, Lawrence of Arabia and Battle of Britain. Of course, how "British" they are is up for debate.

·
Registered
876 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkrio /forum/post/0

Anyone know when the blu ray version of the Princess Bride is coming out?

Its a Fox/MGM title and all Fox titles are in limbo currently. We've been told for like several weeks now that Fox will announce something soon.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I sure hope so. This is one of my highly-anticipated titles, since the only version I currently have is the first DVD release, which isn't even anamorphic.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod /forum/post/0

My wife is still upset they delayed this one...

It is strange why it was delayed...Can't wait for the news..

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
no new info on these blu ray discs ?

epic movies in cinemascope MUST be owned in high definition. the dvd is crap compared. especially on big screens.

DANCES WITH WOLVES

BRAVEHEART

LAST OF THE MOHICANS

ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST

to name just 4

·
Registered
1,526 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital2004 /forum/post/11616457

no new info on these blu ray discs ?

epic movies in cinemascope MUST be owned in high definition. the dvd is crap compared. especially on big screens.

DANCES WITH WOLVES

BRAVEHEART

LAST OF THE MOHICANS

ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST

to name just 4

These are all "must buys"!!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Has anyone seen that Football Commercial with Shawn Merriman and Steven Jackson with the Last of the Mohican music playing in the background. It makes me wanna watch that movie so bad. Its the coolest commercial ever.

·
Registered
553 Posts
The Last of the Mohicans, Dancing With Wolves and Moulin Rouge are at the top of my BD most wanted list...nice to see that Twister, another personal favorite is coming in a few months.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Last Of The Mohicans is near the top of my wish list too, but only if it's the original theatrical release, not the watered down director's cut.

Thankfully I have a bootlegged Laserdisc copy of the theatrical. The only thing superior in the DC is Chingachgook's closing monologue.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Just curious. Does it matter to you folks what the audio will be on these titles or would you buy them regardless for the upgrade of picture quality?

1 - 20 of 2759 Posts