AVS Forum banner

1701 - 1720 of 1738 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
So crazy that they've closed! I went on their site today to see what they had to offer. I wonder if others like Draper will end up in the same place one day soon because of these cheap Chinese manufacturers. It might be the beginning of the end for everyone but Stewart and SI. And even their days may be numbered. Does anyone know how those larger companies are actually doing? I would have to think their numbers are down, but then again, projectors are so much more affordable these days.

·
Premium Member
3,612 Posts
I was looking into 3D glasses (new for me) and heard about screens "retaining polarization".
Can people comment on the Carada Brilliant White screen?

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/50387457-post.html
Thanks.
I'm not sure about screen characteristics.
I have a 2.40:1 Carada Brilliant White (BW) Criterion 128" (diagonal) screen
---End Quote---
I'd just get the "generic" 105's then.
When you get them, do the rotation test, rotate them and if the brightness doesn't change, your screen doesn't retain polarization, and you're good to go.
If not, then look into the JVC ones.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Perhaps someone can buy the masquerade design from them and start producing again. I'd buy one in a minute.
As would I. They announced cancelling production just a few months before my planned purchase of one :(

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
As would I. They announced cancelling production just a few months before my planned purchase of one :(
I was in the process of ordering one and Mike Garret told me that they had been discontinued. If I had known I would have bout it a month earlier.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I've been planning to replace my carada bw 120x51 scope with a 132x56. I really like the BW, have a sony vw95, but plan on getting a Sony 4K pj in the fall, either the vw1100 replacement with laser, or the lamp based vw675 replacement. Theater room is a bat cave, not interested in 3D. Which screen companies provide similar picture quality with unity up to 1.4 gain and is as easy to assemble in a similar price range to somewhat higher?

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
I've still not rehung the screen, just posting the instructions on how I modified my Carada frame for anyone else thinking of doing the same. XD material should be similar, as they can place grommets at any spacing. I'm back to the ongoing 1 week out to projecting saga!

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
I bought this screen from an estate sale a few years back and the person didn't know if it was Classis Cinema White or Bright White. How can you tell which is which?

·
Registered
2,284 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I love my 136" 2.35:1 Carada Criterion Brilliant White screen. Sad to see they closed. Anyone have their site archived? I'd like to get a PDF of the product, support and install pages for my screen...
I have this. I think I have the pdf instructions too.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, need help, I am removing my Carada screen which I installed about 8 years ago. I don't want to damage it and haven't been able to remove it easily. Should I just push down hard on the lower bar of the frame until in unclips from it? Thanks.

·
Registered
16,938 Posts
Hi, need help, I am removing my Carada screen which I installed about 8 years ago. I don't want to damage it and haven't been able to remove it easily. Should I just push down hard on the lower bar of the frame until in unclips from it? Thanks.
If memory serves, you would push up, not down .. and, it's really best to have two folks, one on each end ..

·
Premium Member
424 Posts

The lower clip looks like this:

I admit I didn't install mine very tight, but to get mine off I pulled down from the bottom middle of the frame then pulled out just a tad. Then my wife and I lifted it up and off the top mounting bracket. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
My frame comes off when I lift it up. Easy as pie.

·
Registered
16,938 Posts
My frame comes off when I lift it up. Easy as pie.
Mine as well .. I don't think mine ever had any brackets for the bottom portion .. and if it did, I guess I never used them

Reactions: JoeTiVo

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Mine as well .. I don't think mine ever had any brackets for the bottom portion .. and if it did, I guess I never used them
Mine has the bottom bracket, its a simple "pull down, then out, then up." Screen is off.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Bummer that Carada Flopped! I loved their CS...I had a custom 2.40:1 115" BW screen made for me, about 4-5 years ago. I still use it in my current theater! I'm just wondering if going to a dark energy screen, or other ambient-rejecting screens would even benefit in my completely light-controlled theater. hmmm...But I do love the texture (or lack of texture) from the brilliant white material....very smooth, and pretty much was 4K ready, years ago imho.

1701 - 1720 of 1738 Posts