AVS Forum banner

1721 - 1738 of 1738 Posts

·
Registered
19,831 Posts
Bummer that Carada Flopped! I loved their CS...I had a custom 2.40:1 115" BW screen made for me, about 4-5 years ago. I still use it in my current theater! I'm just wondering if going to a dark energy screen, or other ambient-rejecting screens would even benefit in my completely light-controlled theater. hmmm...But I do love the texture (or lack of texture) from the brilliant white material....very smooth, and pretty much was 4K ready, years ago imho.
If you have a " completely light-controlled theater ", a white screen with a gain of unity - 1.3 max is the way to go in my opinion. I think you are still good with your current screen.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Dammit, I love my fixed 16:9 screen, looking to get a 2.39:1 screen. So who else makes good value screens like Carada?

Anyone know the reason they closed shop? I thought they were selling well.

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
Dammit, I love my fixed 16:9 screen, looking to get a 2.39:1 screen. So who else makes good value screens like Carada?

Anyone know the reason they closed shop? I thought they were selling well.
Evidently not selling as well as they would have liked as they closed shop and changed direction and purchased / opened a Bullhide gun belt store! I wish them the best as their screen manufacturing was superb at a very reasonable cost and customer service was absolutely second to none. I bought one of their very last manufactured screens last November and they custom made it to fit my (used) Carada Masquerade. They are definitely missed.

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts
Reminder it's against forum rules to offer to buy, sell or trade in the reg. forum. The classifieds is the only place members can conduct that type of business (no exceptions).

·
Registered
75 Posts
Anyone know a good alternative to Carada? I was hoping to get a screen and sad to see they're out of business. Looks like Optoma Greywolf screens are gone too :(

All I'm finding on Amazon (canada) is Silver Ticket and Elite Aeon, for ~$500 for 92-100"

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Anyone know a good alternative to Carada? I was hoping to get a screen and sad to see they're out of business. Looks like Optoma Greywolf screens are gone too :(

All I'm finding on Amazon (canada) is Silver Ticket and Elite Aeon, for ~$500 for 92-100"
Stewart Film Screens, Da-Lite Screens and Elite Screens.

·
Registered
19,831 Posts

If you can stretch your budget a little, Stewart's Cima Neve is a great screen choice.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Anyone know a good alternative to Carada? I was hoping to get a screen and sad to see they're out of business. Looks like Optoma Greywolf screens are gone too

Stewart Film Screens, Da-Lite Screens and Elite Screens.
I have a Carada CCW 135" 16x9 Criterion. Would I see a difference if I got an elite screens? I want to go a little smaller and scope for better HDR.

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
I have a 128 inch 2.35 Carada BW screen I might be getting rid of. I believe it is the Brilliant White but could be Cinema White not sure how to tell.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I have a Carada CCW 135" 16x9 Criterion. Would I see a difference if I got an elite screens? I want to go a little smaller and scope for better HDR.
I have never seen an Elite in person. If you can swing the ca$h, then Stewart is my suggestion.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
110" Brilliant White here with LS10500 laser pixel shifter in light controlled room.

I am sticking to my screen, anyone see a reason to upgrade?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
110" Brilliant White here with LS10500 laser pixel shifter in light controlled room.

I am sticking to my screen, anyone see a reason to upgrade?
No. I am very happy with my Carada.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
So I've developed what I thought was a ripple in my Carada screen.

Not even sure it is... but it LOOKS like a ripple.

I tried the hair dryer method and it didn't seem to affect it at all.

Now that Carada is no longer I'm not entirely sure what to do.

Looked at Stewart screens... UHHH no?

Is there a decent alternative to Carada? I've read the Silver Ticket are close... but upon reading reviews at Amazon I'm thinking they're not even close.

Anyone have any suggestions.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Depends on what you need. For wihite screens, Stewart Cima Neve is the best bang for you buck, if their standard sizes meet your needs. For ALR or AT on a budget but still quality, it’s Seymour.

·
Registered
16,937 Posts
So I've developed what I thought was a ripple in my Carada screen.

Not even sure it is... but it LOOKS like a ripple.

I tried the hair dryer method and it didn't seem to affect it at all.

Now that Carada is no longer I'm not entirely sure what to do.

Looked at Stewart screens... UHHH no?

Is there a decent alternative to Carada? I've read the Silver Ticket are close... but upon reading reviews at Amazon I'm thinking they're not even close.

Anyone have any suggestions.
Take down screen, lay on floor with back up, unsnap the screen, turn material 180o and snap back in place, rehang screen .. see what happens ..

Mines been in place for at least 12 years, still tight as a drum .. honestly, I've never heard of a ripple developing long after installation .. you could also shine a flashlight at it from the side in question and I'd guess that could confirm one way or the other ..

·
Registered
320 Posts
Yeah that was the odd part, I thought it was a ripple, but when I took it down to do the hair dryer thing it didn't appear rippled at all... just had dark areas that looked like a ripple?

So I used some water and tried to clean it, thinking that was the issue, but no joy there either.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Having enjoyed my Carada Masquerade for many years I was distraught when the electronics failed a year ago. The roller motors were fine but something on the control board had failed. I’ve finally got around to working out a solution based on the Raspberry Pi replacing the original control boards. If anyone is in the same position and wants some pointers I’ll be happy to supply details of the solution.

1721 - 1738 of 1738 Posts