AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't know if this means anything - but I went to the January 30 guide and put in my zip code and selected my channels and the East Coast feed stayed and the West disappeared.

·
Registered
502 Posts
WOW! Two days to set up a Super bowl party if you get the channel. Thanks D* for the "long" notice.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I COULD BE WRONG - BUT IT LOOKS LIKE THE PPV NUMBER OF CHANNELS WILL GET SMALLER ONCE THE CBS-HD FEEDS START. I COUNT ABOUT 46 BEFORE THE FEED AND ONLY 31 AFTER. ANYONE ELSE HAVE INFO?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I can confirm also that after signing into the site and viewing "my channels", only channel 81 shows up for me. Before I signed in I saw both 80 and 81.

Before I signed in both 380 and 381 showed up, I can tune into neither.

This is a good sign, but I shouldn't be able to receive the CBS HD because I can technically receive grade B signals from 2 CBS affiliates OTA, even though I am in the Philly area (O&O by CBS)

·
Registered
533 Posts
My Channel 81 is HDNM which is also and always been on channel 78. I have nothing showing up on channel 80.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Steve- Make sure you switch the date to after Jan. 30 at 6am. I had the same problem at first.

If you have already done that, ths interests me. This means DirecTV (through whatever way) has already made some kind of "pre-determination" as to who will and will not receive this.

Are you in a CBS O&O area?

·
Registered
786 Posts
I tried this and I had CBS E on channel 81 but I no longer show HDNet Movies. Will just have to wait for the kinks to get out of the system but I can't get CBS because my local CBS isn't an O&O station.

·
Registered
533 Posts
What do you mean by changing the date? I'm in a CBS owned and operated area.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Steve- I was referring to looking at the program guide on directv's website. I see now you must have been talking abot the program guide on your receiver. My mistake.

I am in an O&O area as well, and 81 show up for me on the website. I haven't looked on the guide in my receiver yet.

Also interesting to note that HDNet Movies no longer show up either (not even on 78)

Jay

·
Registered
877 Posts
I went into the DirecTV website, signed in and changed my zip on the programming guide. For January 30 I get channel 81 CBS. :D

If I end up not getting it, at least I have a great signal (100% on the signal meter) from the local CBS here. It is O&O by the way.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jhyska
Steve- I was referring to looking at the program guide on directv's website. I see now you must have been talking abot the program guide on your receiver. My mistake.

I am in an O&O area as well, and 81 show up for me on the website. I haven't looked on the guide in my receiver yet.

Also interesting to note that HDNet Movies no longer show up either (not even on 78)

Jay
No I did go to the website and it does show channel 81 in my area what I was saying is, It may show up in the guide data but when you tune to it on the 30th I bet there is a message that states channel not available in your area. Again I hope that I am wrong but it would not surprise me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was playing with the website like you guys to see this all for myself.

It's interesting though. I think what they have done is updated the guide data, but NOT the my channels filter. If you select All channels, 78 does indeed show up as HDNM. So, if you receive HDNM currently, it's still showing you channel 81. Also, the all channels filter will show of course both 80 and 81 as CBS. Again, I wouldn't get too excited over this just yet.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Just checked...

Hosehead's getting beer poured into his bowl right now on HDNet Movies (Strange Brew)

Looks OK here...

Edit - OK, a 'technical difficulties' card just came up on HDNet Movies, but DiscHD and HDNet seem OK..

1 - 20 of 134 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.