AVS Forum banner

441 - 460 of 1908 Posts

·
Registered
7,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #441
More importantly... Its free?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Point upgrades are always free. We won't charge for another version until 4.0 comes out, which if history is any guide, will be years from now.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
For those using a Radiance Mini-3D, have you had problems running auto-calibrate using the Advanced Color Gamut 125 point matrix? My Mini-3D goes blank-screen and the power LED flashes in mid-calibration, and this did not occur under CP2. Using Color Gamut and 75% of Rec. 709 in auto-cal leads to excellent results with my JVC RS6710, although manual adjustment of gamma is needed at higher IREs.

I use CP3 on my MacBook Pro Retina using VMware Fusion and Windows 7 and it looks excellent (1400x900 res).

·
Registered
7,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #443
For those using a Radiance Mini-3D, have you had problems running auto-calibrate using the Advanced Color Gamut 125 point matrix? My Mini-3D goes blank-screen and the power LED flashes in mid-calibration, and this did not occur under CP2. Using Color Gamut and 75% of Rec. 709 in auto-cal leads to excellent results with my JVC RS6710, although manual adjustment of gamma is needed at higher IREs.

I use CP3 on my MacBook Pro Retina using VMware Fusion and Windows 7 and it looks excellent (1400x900 res).
Is this repeatable? Other than adding 21pt support, we made no changes to auto-cal in v3, so it should work the same as v2.

Do a clean reinstall of CP3, select Repair Settings under the File menu, and try again. Select "Reset to Lumagen Factory Default" and run 125 pt again.

No one else has reported this problem. Is anybody else seeing this?

·
Registered
637 Posts
Tom,
In the next update, could you put the dE for the 6x6x6 measurement matrix after an auto cal? In CP2 the dE is there and I enjoyed watching these scroll by as the measurements were made.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi Tom

My i1d3 oem SN: OE-14.B-01.101486.06 is rev b but the firmware does not support the AIO method to function.
Work fine with chromapure 2.5.8 and chromapure 3.06 in CRT and LCD mode but in the last version of chromapure 3.07 my i1d3 is not recognized.
Work fine with lightspace , Calman ,Hcfr

Attachments

·
Registered
7,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #446
My i1d3 oem SN: OE-14.B-01.101486.06 is rev b but the firmware does not support the AIO method to function.
Not true. The AIO method is the default read mode for the Rev B. i1D3 and works fine. I ask that users seek technical support prior to making such definitive statements.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not true. The AIO method is the default read mode for the Rev B. i1D3 and works fine. I ask that users seek technical support prior to making such definitive statements.
Should AIO show up when initializing the meter? I have the same problem with my rev. B. I can select AIO in the options, but not on the main screen.

·
Registered
7,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #448
Should AIO show up when initializing the meter? I have the same problem with my rev. B. I can select AIO in the options, but not on the main screen.
No. The Read mode (which is part of X-Rite's firmware) is not selectable on the initialize window.

·
Registered
637 Posts
V3.06 a couple of comments from cal session today.
1) Using the Lumagen as pattern generator, then unable this to run brightness pattern from blu-ray, I could not get the enable toggle to work again so I shut down and restarted.
2) This is very minor, during auto cal, when new settings are shown, the spacing is off. IIRC it is red, space, green, no space, blue.

·
Registered
7,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #450
ChromaPure 3.0.7 Released

ChromaPure 3.0.7 is now available for download. It is free for license v3 users.

This release adds support for the 4K Murideo signal generator. It also makes some changes that we hope will reduce errors.

The release notes are available on our News page.

·
Registered
13,110 Posts
ChromaPure 3.0.7 is now available for download. It is free for license v3 users.

This release adds support for the 4K Murideo signal generator. It also makes some changes that we hope will reduce errors.

Thanks for the info.

"The installation routine now requires the user to first uninstall a previous version of ChromaPure."
Should I get a message when trying to install over a previous version? Didn't get any when installing 3.0.7 over 3.0.5 on Win 7.

·
Registered
7,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #452
Thanks for the info.

"The installation routine now requires the user to first uninstall a previous version of ChromaPure."
Should I get a message when trying to install over a previous version? Didn't get any when installing 3.0.7 over 3.0.5 on Win 7.
I don't know what's going on here. This passed testing and now seems not to be working. I'll get back to you.

·
Registered
7,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #453
OK, I know what is going on. Getting a prompt to uninstall the previous version requires that this previous version have a product ID identified in the installation. Before 3.0.7, this ID was not correctly assigned, which is why the uninstall prompts weren't occurring.

With 3.0.7 the product ID is correctly set, so going forward all subsequent installs will see the previous version and prompt the user to uninstall the previous version. It is not happening in your example, because in 3.0.5 the ID wasn't set at all and there's nothing 3.0.7 can do about this. When 3.1 comes out (I hope) next month, it will see the 3.0.7 install and prompt the user correctly.

·
Registered
627 Posts

Hi Tom,

Any chance of letting us v2 users know what the 'optimal i1D3 settings' are? Do they change for different screen types? My only interest is Plasma - but others may find all the values useful.

Regards, Mike.

·
Registered
7,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #455
Hi Tom,

Any chance of letting us v2 users know what the 'optimal i1D3 settings' are? Do they change for different screen types? My only interest is Plasma - but others may find all the values useful.
CRT Read mode (AIO for Rev B) and 0.8 integration time. Fast or Normal read mode is user choice.

Reactions: AV_mike

·
Registered
117 Posts
Is this thread dead? I´ve not seen any activity for a pretty long time now.

Personally I was very disappointed with the CP 3 release, but at least the latest build fixed the UI issues for international customers.

Just wondering if the silence is a sign of customers being satisfied with ChromaPure 3 now or they have abandoned the ship?

·
Registered
7,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #457 (Edited)
Is this thread dead? I´ve not seen any activity for a pretty long time now.

Personally I was very disappointed with the CP 3 release, but at least the latest build fixed the UI issues for international customers.

Just wondering if the silence is a sign of customers being satisfied with ChromaPure 3 now or they have abandoned the ship?
As I recall, your only issue with the initial release was that it did not improve upon CP2's scaling problems with high-rez displays, at least that was the only point you expressed displeasure with. That should now be fixed.

All of the gripes about the initial release focused on UI issues, some of which we have addressed and ALL of which we will address in 3.1. There has been virtually no discussion of the actual features in the release, which I find odd.

Reactions: pmunger69

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
If there is nothing to report... There is nothing. Not really a bad thing, right?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
.NET Solution Architect
942 Posts
Hi Tom,

Any dates on when you plan to support HDR calibration for Rec.2020 and integration with Lumagen Pro series?

Thank you,

Regards,

Serge.

441 - 460 of 1908 Posts