AVS Forum banner

1921 - 1940 of 1948 Posts

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Hi, Tom
for the latest version of chormapure, the 20% increments in the Gamut options not working for me. I chose it, but the drop down list for color saturation still shows the 75%, 50% and 25% options.
any suggestion?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Happy Birthday Tom !!!

·
Registered
261 Posts
The JVC auto-cal does not generate its own test patterns? I am not familiar with how this product works. Ordinarily, ChromaPure's built-in test patterns would be output from a laptop's HDMI out, which automatically converts the signal 16-235.
yes, THe JVC autocal does provide its on patterns in the Autocal. I was using Chromapure 3 as a back check on the JVC autocal and wanted to use the Chromapure 3 built in patterns on my windows computer. I think you answered my question about signal being converted to 16-235

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
How do I do a simple "nits" measurement? I want to measure my LG OLED and set up a Sony OLED to the same brightness to start out. I have CP3, the CP Blu Ray and an i1D3 meter.

thx

bob

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,926
Hi, Tom
for the latest version of chormapure, the 20% increments in the Gamut options not working for me. I chose it, but the drop down list for color saturation still shows the 75%, 50% and 25% options.
any suggestion?
This option works on the Saturations sub-tab in the Color Gamut module, not the Saturations drop-down in the Color Management module.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,927
How do I do a simple "nits" measurement? I want to measure my LG OLED and set up a Sony OLED to the same brightness to start out. I have CP3, the CP Blu Ray and an i1D3 meter.

thx

bob
There are any number of ways. Perhaps the most straightforward is to use the Raw Data module. Just look at the Y value of 100% white.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am having a few issues, I am using Chromapure 3 and i am trying to calibrate HDR on my Epson TW9400 projector, now first off I am wondering how I can see the hue, saturation and brightness errors at 20%, 40%, 60% and 80%, there is a module that shows the errors at 100% but when I go to another colour module which has the patterns I need they show errors but there is no hue, saturation or brightness information so I can modify the colours, is this correct or am I missing where to locate these ?

Secondly, I wish Spears and Munsil had put some full field windows for projection calibration, the smaller windows make it harder, just my opinion and i will probably use the built in pattern generator from Chromapure next time i try.

·
Registered
9,575 Posts
Tom, I only have the CP disk and 6.5% is my only option?

bob
Hi Bob,

If you use your TV zoom function, it will enlarge your pattern, so probably will become ~10% or larger.

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
Can you guys tell me how to calibrate my new Sony A8H with CP3? It doesn't have the usual white balance settings that I'm used to, and I don't know how do calibrate the 10/20 Multipoint settings. The basic color temp adjust only has one set of gain/bias adjustments, not like the 30/80 low/high on the LG. And the multipoint settings only have RGB for each point but not what the stimulus level is? Appreciate any guidance.

bob

·
Registered
47 Posts
Okay I have read twenty pages, it’s a long read this thread and was bogged down by UI discussion.

So now I know I should always take a 100% white reading using Chromapure 3 but I am still not sure what I can use to get 75% DCI P3 Colour readings, I can use the Spears and Munsil UHD disc for 100% and 80% and 60% but I do not have access to 75% or 50% Colours.

The original Chromapure disc I have is revision 2 and was great for Rec 709 colour patterns.

Can anyone tell me if I can get free 75% and 50% DCI P3 colour patterns.

Also a little confused, when starting up the program there is the main page that says Calibration disc or whatever you choose and below it is a choice to make of 100% colour, 75% colour etc etc but you can change this in modules too, so leaving that at 100% won’t matter and changing it in the modules will actually change it or do I need to change it there too.

I just want to do an accurate SDR/BT 2020 calibration on my Epson TW9400, the gamma does not track flat throughout the 5ire to 90ire levels, I cannot get that flat so does this mean I should not be picking 2.2 or 2.4 as a gamma figure in the software, should I pick BT1886 if I want the lowest possible errors when calibrating the white balance and colours?

As an example, if I choose -2 gamma, I get around 2 to 2.1 at 5ire and 10ire but it’s roughly 2.2 at 20ire to 80ire so is it best to choose 2.2 gamma or BT1886 in the settings ?

Custom settings can be used for gamma but I don’t want to use them, they cause video issues.

So are there any revised Chromapure UHD patterns for 75% floating about that I missed?

·
Registered
9,575 Posts
So now I know I should always take a 100% white reading using Chromapure 3 but I am still not sure what I can use to get 75% DCI P3 Colour readings, I can use the Spears and Munsil UHD disc for 100% and 80% and 60% but I do not have access to 75% or 50% Colours.
Hi,

The S&M3 REC.2020 or P3-D65 inside REC.2020 Saturations sweeps are using 58% of PQ (203 nits):

50% of PQ is 100 nits

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi,

The S&M3 REC.2020 or P3-D65 inside REC.2020 Saturations sweeps are using 58% of PQ (203 nits):

50% of PQ is 100 nits
I am lost with HDR calibration.

So I should calibrate using full 100% patterns on the S+M disc or 50% patterns for the colours ?

Sending SDR/BT2020 but I also want to do a HDR/BT2020, I already have but I am not sure about the colours, so 100% patterns or 50% patterns to calibrate UHD?

·
Registered
9,575 Posts
I am lost with HDR calibration.

So I should calibrate using full 100% patterns on the S+M disc or 50% patterns for the colours ?
HDR calibration for projectors, its a huge wild-west; you need to perform a lot of workarounds.

Send an email to Tom to inform you what to do.

1921 - 1940 of 1948 Posts