AVS Forum banner

521 - 540 of 2731 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I thought they were 6ohm?

They are 8 ohms.. That allowed me to connect 3 in parallel to my bk1000 amp which is something i couldn't do with my bk lfe.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
2 in parallel.. You can also connect 4 by connecting each 2 in series then then in parallel.. That would be still be a 4 ohm total..

How many can be connected to one channel of an iNuke 6000?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Yes 1500 watts should be plenty. I am using the BK1000A with 3 and the actuators would max out before the amp runs out of power.

So at 8 ohm, one channel should be plenty to run 4 of them to full capability, correct?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
244 Posts
Wireless Signal to Feed Crowson D501 Amp

Hi:

Can you send the LFE signal wirelessly to the Crowson D501 amp?

http://www.klipsch.com/wa2-wireless-subwoofer-kit

A transmitter and receiver would be like the ones shown in the link above.

Presently I have Palliser Theater seats with Aura Wireless bass shakers the signal from the LFE to the chairs works well, so I was thinking about adding Tactile Motion to my three chair set up.

I have issues though if I locate the amp with the rest of my A/V equipment I have two potential problems: 1. I have not have enough power with the existing 15 AMP circuit and I would need to run speaker wire to the chairs which is a challenge as everything is built in and finished.

My other thought would be to locate the Crowson D501 behind the chair as I have a different circuit that power the recline and bass shakers, this would allow for easy wiring of the actuators and access to AC power.

It leaves me then on how to get the LFE signal to the D501.... a wireless transmitter and receiver would do the trick if it would work.

Please let me know if anyone has ever done this.

Regards.

Attachments

·
Registered
460 Posts
@MMC57,

I've experimented with a few wireless LFE signal transmitters. I'm currently using the Swat 2.4X by Earthquake. However, for my use, it has the same problem as I've had with other and that is interference. Everyone once in a while, it will produce a signal to the amp when there is none. Since you already use a wireless transmitter for your LFE, I suspect you're not living in an area susceptible to radio interference. I recommend looking at other transmitters though since the Swat is rather pricey. I've found alternative models for less (usually ~$150).

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
992 Posts
I wonder if there would be high interest for a Crowson actuators group buy???
I already own 2 Shadow 8's, but I'm seriously thinking about getting another pair.......So I would be interested.

There are alot of members that keep talking about wanting to experiencing them....but I think the price is holding them back. Who knows if Randolf would be sell them at a lower price, he already offers a 10% discount to AVS members.

Would be sweet though if it did happen. It could be the next big thing around here. "Marty Crowsons"!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Yeah, my thoughts to, Scott. (though I am nowhere close to your subwoofer league!...only four right now...at least for now...heh heh).

Hmmm...a group buy interest upswell?? Let's ride this for a couple of days before exploring numbers....and of course, payment is always different than interest...:)

·
Registered
408 Posts
I want 3 or 4... However, I am not sure I need them now that each seat has an 18" Sub directly behind it

·
Registered
992 Posts
I want 3 or 4... However, I am not sure I need them now that each seat has an 18" Sub directly behind it

I have 2 LMS Ultra's firing into the back of my couch, and adding a pair of Crowsons made a BIG improvement in tactile sensation. Trust me you would not be dissapointed adding these to your system. Having nearfield 18" is good......having nearfield 18" and Crowsons is unreal!

521 - 540 of 2731 Posts