AVS Forum banner

5901 - 5920 of 6860 Posts

·
Registered
18,420 Posts
Now you need a solution for short term memory loss ;)
If I'm trying to cause short term memory loss, this tends to work well ;) -

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Quick question regarding the Audyssey app. Would I be able to use it on two separate 8500's and on the same network? I'm liking the one unit I have so much I'm thinking of replacing an Emotiva XMC-2 that I have yet to install.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have been using the app trying to get calibrate this system and not having much luck. The front left speaker after calibration is 0 distance and 0 volume, and the after pic of the frequency is just a straight red line. Been meesimg with all day, plus the app keep of giving me a -1.5 sub level that is too low. Now if I calibrator it on the receiver itself left speaker calibrates and the sub trim is ussially -5.5. I really want to use the app though because of all the customization you can do. Anybody else have this problem?

My sun is a rythmik F18

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have been try to calibrate using the audessey app but haot much liluck. Keeps on setting my sub trim to 1.5 and my front left speaker is not calibrating, the before after pic of the left channel is just a straight red line. Plus it knocks my sub trim all the way down to -1.5. Now if I run the audessey through the receiver left channel calibrates fine and the sub trim is set too -5.5 which I can live with. I really want to use the app because of all the different customization option you have. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
88,496 Posts
Quick question regarding the Audyssey app. Would I be able to use it on two separate 8500's and on the same network? I'm liking the one unit I have so much I'm thinking of replacing an Emotiva XMC-2 that I have yet to install.
I'm guessing yes as they would each have their own unique IP address.

Perhaps another member can chime in to confirm who has two Audyssey models in their home?

·
Registered
30,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,907
I don't see why it wouldn't work, each AVR can be set to have its own "friendly name" so you can tell them apart. When you start the Audyssey app it searches for AVRs on the local network and pops up icons for the AVR it finds with its name.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just purchased the X8500H in March 2020.
I absolutely love it!!
However, I cannot tell if it has already been upgraded to HDMI 2.1 standard as the threads seem to indicate would eventually happen.
Since it has been 2 years since it was released, does this new receiver already have the HDMI upgrade installed??

·
Premium Member
88,496 Posts
I just purchased the X8500H in March 2020.
I absolutely love it!!
However, I cannot tell if it has already been upgraded to HDMI 2.1 standard as the threads seem to indicate would eventually happen.
Since it has been 2 years since it was released, does this new receiver already have the HDMI upgrade installed??
Nope. The new HDMI 2.1 X8500HA is not likely to be released until later this fall or early 2021 (no ETA provided from Sound United yet) when the hardware upgrade is likely to be made available as well for the X8500H units.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have heard that all Denon AVR's have a HDMI diagnostic feature on them. How do you access this function on the AVR-X8500H? I know it involves a combination of 2 button presses on either the front panel or possibly on the remote. I want to test my HDMI cables and what they can handle. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
I don't see why it wouldn't work, each AVR can be set to have its own "friendly name" so you can tell them apart. When you start the Audyssey app it searches for AVRs on the local network and pops up icons for the AVR it finds with its name.

I'm guessing yes as they would each have their own unique IP address.

Perhaps another member can chime in to confirm who has two Audyssey models in their home?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,890 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
I've tried the button combinations on this particular guide. It must be a different button combination for the x8500h. I've tried on the front panel of the receiver and on the remote and I have been unsuccessful. Do you have any recommendations?
The guide says in page 4 that:

The following Denon AV Receiver products support the HDMI Diagnostics feature.
Products
AVR-S730H
AVR-S930H
AVR-X1400H
AVR-X2400H

No mention to the 8500.

On the other hand, what does it mean when the 8500 features include:

- HDMI Diagnostics (installer troubleshooting)

·
Registered
53 Posts

Products
AVR-S730H
AVR-S930H
AVR-X1400H
AVR-X2400H

No mention to the 8500.

I saw this Youtube video where it stats that this feature is available on all Denon and Marantz receivers.

It just requires the right button combinations to access it on every model. Unfortunately I have done some thorough research and I can't find out how to access this feature on the x8500h. Even in Youtube video comments section, I mentioned that the feature is only available on the 4 models that is listed above and someone said it is on all Denon and Marantz receivers. Unfortunately the button combination is different on other models that are not listed in the pdf instuction though. I would like to test the bandwidth capabilities of my HDMI cables and see what they can actually handle efficiently.

·
Registered
202 Posts
audessey

I am having issues with the audessey app. Seems if I turn up the sub level to high the left channel will not calibrate. If I lower the sub volume to about 9 oclock on the the sub everything calibrates fine. however it sets the trim level -1.5 which I rather have it calibrate around -6.0 gives a little more headroom. If I calibrate through the receiver I can get my sub to calibrate to -6.0 no issues. Unfortunately though the app gives you more options to fine tune the sound. I heard that you are not suppose to raise the sub volume to a + number because it can cause clipping, is this true?

Plus are the Audessey pink noise a true 75 DB because after the system is calibrated the readings from the listening position with the radio shack analog meter is around 72 db.

Any suggestions?

·
Vendor
27,045 Posts
Without straying too far afield from the 8500, I am involved in a pc build right now with my grandson. He is a gamer, so I am a little out of my element. I go for pcs that will do pix and home video editing. I am just happy my grandson has included me in this project. Ok maybe my checkbook was part of the attraction. He has been gaming on my x-box which is attached to the 8500. He is going to miss my sound system. He will use earphones in this new pc.
That is great you get that quality time in ;)

Oops - thought I'd clicked on a different thread - my bad. Carry on ! :eek:
lol :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've tried the button combinations on this particular guide. It must be a different button combination for the x8500h. I've tried on the front panel of the receiver and on the remote and I have been unsuccessful. Do you have any recommendations?
Press (Cursor UP) and (Back) for 3 sec.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts

Products
AVR-S730H
AVR-S930H
AVR-X1400H
AVR-X2400H

No mention to the 8500.

Press (Cursor UP) and (Back) for 3 sec.
Wow. So we all have a built-in HDMI cable tester? That is amazing. Those cost hundreds of dollars.

I wonder if this will work for HDMI 2.1 cables after we get the upgrade. :)

5901 - 5920 of 6860 Posts