AVS Forum banner

6041 - 6060 of 6597 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Will be moving soon to a coop apt. Any recommendations for new setup which would be challenging as my current setup is 4 heights speakers and 2 wide and 2 surrounds and 2 subwoofers. See pictures of the space where I would be switching to opposite sides where I will have the long wall for my TV fronts, center and subs. Also worried about neighbors as the noise has to be surpressed even though I tend to never go higher volume than 50.any suggestions would be helpful and if I can still utilize all my current speakers. And also would like to setup a pair of speakers in bedroom.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Will be moving soon to a coop apt. Any recommendations for new setup which would be challenging as my current setup is 4 heights speakers and 2 wide and 2 surrounds and 2 subwoofers. See pictures of the space where I would be switching to opposite sides where I will have the long wall for my TV fronts, center and subs.
The room probably will limit you to 5.2.4 - no wides, no surround back.

Also worried about neighbors as the noise has to be surpressed even though I tend to never go higher volume than 50
Audyssey LFC and Dynamic Volume will be your friends.

·
Vendor
26,639 Posts
I've been trying to listen to audio with my X8500H on YouTube without having to leave the TV on but every time I turn the TV off the audio stops. I guess it's because it connected via HDMI and when the TV is off, it tells the device attached (tried several devices) to turn off as well? Anyone know how I can listen to YouTube content via the AVR without having to leave the TV on? I don't believe that YouTube is available on HEOS, correct?
I use You Tube for my play list, you do not like watching the video's?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Will be moving soon to a coop apt. Any recommendations for new setup which would be challenging as my current setup is 4 heights speakers and 2 wide and 2 surrounds and 2 subwoofers. See pictures of the space where I would be switching to opposite sides where I will have the long wall for my TV fronts, center and subs.
The room probably will limit you to 5.2.4 - no wides, no surround back.

Also worried about neighbors as the noise has to be surpressed even though I tend to never go higher volume than 50
Audyssey LFC and Dynamic Volume will be your friends.
Thank you. Appreciate the help

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have the 8500 set up via Audyssey. What is the difference setting the 3-way Center speaker as small or as large?
Is there a limited output when set to small?

The Center can be powered with 120W/220W (I guess the first value is sinus?). Is there a chance to blow the sub of the 3 speakers with the Denon 8500?
Thank you.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Just a quick question, whenever I set tone control to on, after switching the receiver off and later back on, same input, the setting is always set to off again. Am I doing something wrong here? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
87,952 Posts
Just a quick question, whenever I set tone control to on, after switching the receiver off and later back on, same input, the setting is always set to off again. Am I doing something wrong here? Thanks!
Dynamic EQ must be disabled in order to enable Tone Control. If you are using a Quick Select to power on the AVR and select a source with Dynamic EQ enabled, there's your answer. Resave the Quick Select with Dynamic EQ disabled.

·
Premium Member
87,952 Posts
I have the 8500 set up via Audyssey. What is the difference setting the 3-way Center speaker as small or as large?
Is there a limited output when set to small?

The Center can be powered with 120W/220W (I guess the first value is sinus?). Is there a chance to blow the sub of the 3 speakers with the Denon 8500?
Thank you.
LARGE - speaker receives full range signal (20Hz - 20kHz)
SMALL/crossover - speaker receives signal from crossover on up to 20kHz while below crossover frequencies are passed to the sub (if configured) or to the Front L/R speakers (if no sub).

Keep the master volume level below 80/0dB (providing no distortion is heard at this level).

·
Registered
276 Posts
Dynamic EQ must be disabled in order to enable Tone Control. If you are using a Quick Select to power on the AVR and select a source with Dynamic EQ enabled, there's your answer. Resave the Quick Select with Dynamic EQ disabled.
Mhhh, I don‘t use Quick Select... How do I Resave something?

·
Registered
147 Posts
LARGE - speaker receives full range signal (20Hz - 20kHz)
SMALL/crossover - speaker receives signal from crossover on up to 20kHz while below crossover frequencies are passed to the sub (if configured) or to the Front L/R speakers (if no sub).

Keep the master volume level below 80/0dB (providing no distortion is heard at this level).

I have set it to small and the volume level is also limited to 80 (with the Audyssey output set on 0dB). It still blew...
That was during watching the Metallica 3D Bluray on Atmos.

The sub blew also (earlier, not at the same time). How can a sub blow when it only get's a certain voltage signal and the built-in amp produces the power?
The speakers are still under warranty and the chassis will be replaced but they sounded like it was my fault and not the speaker company's fault.

·
Premium Member
87,952 Posts
Mhhh, I don‘t use Quick Select... How do I Resave something?
If you are not using a Quick Select, then your unit is not operating correctly as the setting change should be remembered for that input. Did you check to see if Dynamic EQ was set back to ON as well?

Refer to post 3 and start down the line of resets .... starting with a "Restart" or "soft reset".

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have set it to small and the volume level is also limited to 80 (with the Audyssey output set on 0dB). It still blew...
That was during watching the Metallica 3D Bluray on Atmos.

The sub blew also (earlier, not at the same time). How can a sub blow when it only get's a certain voltage signal and the built-in amp produces the power?
The speakers are still under warranty and the chassis will be replaced but they sounded like it was my fault and not the speaker company's fault.

One of my subs DLS Amps failed last week Looking at options for new amps, probably BK 300w or 500w but one sub ok for now, so not rushing.
Wasn't Metallica but might have been Banana Splits movie...=
All my small speakers are Kef 2001 & 80hz xover. Have a couple spare if needed.

The room still smells of burnt electrical equipment...

·
Premium Member
87,952 Posts
HDMI 2.1 upgrade and DTS:X Pro

Sound United confirmed yesterday that the HDMI 2.1 board upgrade (as well as the X8500HA new production model) should both be available starting this coming December.

It was also confirmed that the DTS:X Pro firmware update is scheduled to be released in December as well, although could happen as early as October.

Although most of the newer features found on the 2020 models will also be included with the "A" model upgrade, two features that will not be included:

- Bluetooth transmit
- Dual Audyssey EQ configurations saved on board

Note also, the new 2020 X6700H will remain an 11Ch model but can be expanded to support 13.2 or 7.2.6 (w/2CH external amp) and will also receive the DTS:X Pro update.

·
Premium Member
9,828 Posts
Thanks for this update JD.

Apart from the 8500HA, is there a new flagship scheduled that will have the Dual Audyssey EQ (and possibly more than 13.2 channels)?

Also, do you know what the new features (those that will be included in the X8500HA) are?

·
Premium Member
87,952 Posts
Thanks for this update JD.

Apart from the 8500HA, is there a new flagship scheduled that will have the Dual Audyssey EQ (and possibly more than 13.2 channels)?

Also, do you know what the new features (those that will be included in the X8500HA) are?
No info on an X8500HA successor model, although not likely to be released until 2022 (guessing here).

Refer to the new 2020 Denon AVR Owner's thread for new features on these models.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/3151088-official-2020-denon-avr-owner-s-thread-faq-posts-1-8-a.html

·
Premium Member
9,828 Posts
No info on an X8500HA successor model, although not likely to be released until 2022 (guessing here).

Refer to the new 2020 Denon AVR Owner's thread for new features on these models.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/3151088-official-2020-denon-avr-owner-s-thread-faq-posts-1-8-a.html
Thanks again :)

Three questions:

1) Will the HDMI 2.1 upgrade that makes the X8500H a X8500HA replace all inputs/outputs to HDMI 2.1, or only some?
2) With the DTS:X Pro upgrade support 9.1.4 as well as 7.1.6?
3) Will the DTS:X Pro upgrade be available without the HDMI 2.1 upgrade? I think it's no based on previous posts but just to make sure...

·
Premium Member
87,952 Posts
Thanks again :)

Three questions:

1) Will the HDMI 2.1 upgrade that makes the X8500H a X8500HA replace all inputs/outputs to HDMI 2.1, or only some?
2) With the DTS:X Pro upgrade support 9.1.4 as well as 7.1.6?
3) Will the DTS:X Pro upgrade be available without the HDMI 2.1 upgrade? I think it's no based on previous posts but just to make sure...
1. Only 1 as is the case with the 2020 models as well.
2. AFAIK, yes as DTS:X Pro actually supports up to 30.2.
3. AFAIK, yes, as the one is not related to the other.

6041 - 6060 of 6597 Posts