AVS Forum banner

20741 - 20760 of 20769 Posts

·
Premium Member
90,432 Posts
Using the IheartRadio app on my Sony UHD player into my 2112 works fine on my main system, however when I send it to Zone 2 I get no sound. Any ideas?
On more current models (ie. 2013 and newer), only the mid/upper level models are able to pass 2CH HDMI audio to Zone 2; however, none of these 2011 models have that feature capability. Instead, you'll need to also connect an RCA analog audio cable from the Sony player to the 2112CI using the same name analog audio input as is being used for the HDMI input (eg. BD).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Refer to post #5 and do a microprocessor reset to see if that restores access for the remote control.
Thanks so much! I followed your instructions, starting with backing up my settings. I was planning to reset and reload the settings, but I didn't need to. After I turned the receiver back on - after saving the setting and it automatically shut down - the remote workied perfectly again. I guess I didn't need to reset, just completely turn it off. I'll remember your advice if I have similar problems in the future. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
90,432 Posts
Thanks so much! I followed your instructions, starting with backing up my settings. I was planning to reset and reload the settings, but I didn't need to. After I turned the receiver back on - after saving the setting and it automatically shut down - the remote workied perfectly again. I guess I didn't need to reset, just completely turn it off. I'll remember your advice if I have similar problems in the future. Thanks again.
Great! At least now you have a back up should you ever need to do a microprocessor reset in the future. :)

·
Registered
570 Posts
On more current models (ie. 2013 and newer), only the mid/upper level models are able to pass 2CH HDMI audio to Zone 2; however, none of these 2011 models have that feature capability. Instead, you'll need to also connect an RCA analog audio cable from the Sony player to the 2112CI using the same name analog audio input as is being used for the HDMI input (eg. BD).
Thank you JDSmoothie! I will have to give that a try. I am only connected by HDMI at this point.

·
Registered
570 Posts
OK my Sony UBP-X800 doesn't have analog outputs Is it possible to convert the coaxial digital out to analog somehow?

·
Registered
570 Posts
That did the trick, Thanks JD!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2112CI that I bought back in 2011; thought I really had all of the ins and outs of it locked down (with a lot of help from this thread and the guide, especially in the early years) - however, a home setup change has me running into a problem I can't easily sort out. Appreciate any thoughts:

I needed to downsize from my 5.1 setup to a soundbar + subwoofer arrangement. I bought a cheap Vizio 3.0 sound bar with analog and optical ins (no HDMI in/out) and a subwoofer out. I then ran a Toslink the TV (Vizio)'s optical out to optical in on the soundbar. However, I have not been able to get any sound to play on the TV speakers or through the soundbar while the amp is on. I have tried setting the HDMI Audio Out setting to both "TV" and "AMP", with no success. When I turn off the amp and let the TV receive a signal via HDMI passthrough, though, everything works fine (both TV speakers and soundbar).

I still have the 5.1 speakers hooked up, if that matters. I assume that there is a fairly straightforward step I am missing but I haven't been able to figure it out - have tried playing around with most of the settings I could find.

Also - from what I understand, I can either have digital audio pass via HDMI to the TV --> soundbar or be processed by the amp - but not both. If I still want my discrete subwoofer, do I need to use the subwoofer out from the soundbar - or is there any way to have audio pass via HDMI to the soundbar but still have the amp process sound to the bass. I suspect I am answering my own question above - but wanted to make sure.

Again, appreciate any thoughts.

·
Premium Member
90,432 Posts
I have a 2112CI that I bought back in 2011; thought I really had all of the ins and outs of it locked down (with a lot of help from this thread and the guide, especially in the early years) - however, a home setup change has me running into a problem I can't easily sort out. Appreciate any thoughts:

I needed to downsize from my 5.1 setup to a soundbar + subwoofer arrangement. I bought a cheap Vizio 3.0 sound bar with analog and optical ins (no HDMI in/out) and a subwoofer out. I then ran a Toslink the TV (Vizio)'s optical out to optical in on the soundbar. However, I have not been able to get any sound to play on the TV speakers or through the soundbar while the amp is on. I have tried setting the HDMI Audio Out setting to both "TV" and "AMP", with no success. When I turn off the amp and let the TV receive a signal via HDMI passthrough, though, everything works fine (both TV speakers and soundbar).

I still have the 5.1 speakers hooked up, if that matters. I assume that there is a fairly straightforward step I am missing but I haven't been able to figure it out - have tried playing around with most of the settings I could find.

Also - from what I understand, I can either have digital audio pass via HDMI to the TV --> soundbar or be processed by the amp - but not both. If I still want my discrete subwoofer, do I need to use the subwoofer out from the soundbar - or is there any way to have audio pass via HDMI to the soundbar but still have the amp process sound to the bass. I suspect I am answering my own question above - but wanted to make sure.

Again, appreciate any thoughts.

Huh? If you have a soundbar that is connected directly to the TV with the sub connected to the soundbar, there is no longer any need for the 2112CI.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Huh? If you have a soundbar that is connected directly to the TV with the sub connected to the soundbar, there is no longer any need for the 2112CI.
Sorry, should have been clearer. The only things hooked up to the TV right now are the HDMI in from the amp and optical out to the soundbar. I am basically just using the 2112CI as a glorified HDMI switch right now; all of my various devices are in a cabinet fairly distant from the TV - no easy way to directly attach them to the TV. I suppose I could just switch to each device as needed then turn the amp back off to enable passthrough; however, that seems a bit wonky. Ultimately, I am just hoping to get the same audio to travel via HDMI while on as it does via passthrough when off.

Also, I was really hoping that I wouldn't have to run a cable all the way from the soundbar to the subwoofer (which is also distant) - though I will if I have to.

·
Premium Member
90,432 Posts
Sorry, should have been clearer. The only things hooked up to the TV right now are the HDMI in from the amp and optical out to the soundbar. I am basically just using the 2112CI as a glorified HDMI switch right now; all of my various devices are in a cabinet fairly distant from the TV - no easy way to directly attach them to the TV. I suppose I could just switch to each device as needed then turn the amp back off to enable passthrough; however, that seems a bit wonky. Ultimately, I am just hoping to get the same audio to travel via HDMI while on as it does via passthrough when off.

Also, I was really hoping that I wouldn't have to run a cable all the way from the soundbar to the subwoofer (which is also distant) - though I will if I have to.
You'll need to use the HDMI pass through while the AVR is in Standby and also connect the sub to the sound bar.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello!
i own a receiver denon avr-1712, but i dont own its controller, i want to know if there is a way to control it with my android smartphone

·
Premium Member
90,432 Posts
Hello!
i own a receiver denon avr-1712, but i dont own its controller, i want to know if there is a way to control it with my android smartphone
The 1712 is not a networking model so no.

If you can't find the OEM remote, consider purchasing a Harmony remote which would be able to load most of the 1712 remote control commands from the Logitech website.

·
Registered
15,017 Posts
Logitech Harmony is too expensive for me, its almost the price i paid in the receiver
You might consider a used Harmony 665. They’re much less expensive than the new models. Don’t forget that they can control all of your devices, not just one at a time. A single button push can turn on TV, AVR and open your disc player when you want to watch a movie, for example.

20741 - 20760 of 20769 Posts