AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 20769 Posts

·
Premium Member
90,432 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpearce023 /forum/post/20423489

Does anybody know what models Best Buy will carry this year? There is not a magnolia near me and I would like to try out the 2312 or 2112. Last year the highest model the BBs near me had was the 791 so I'm afraid that the 1912 will be the highest one.

You are likely correct ... 1912 is the best you'll get which is what a local non-Magnolia store just told me is the case with their store. Although keep in mind, as I pointed out in an earlier post, Best Buy does not set up Audyssey so you won't be able to check out MultEQ XT.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I have a question about the new models. I have a 3808 so I am a fan of Denon and the CEO of our company is in need of 2 new receivers for her house. They currently own a newish Onkyo 575 which is apparently exhibiting symptoms that alot of the Onkyo of late are with regard to HDMI problems especially with a PS3. This receiver was relatively cheap so they don't want to go to trouble of sending the thing in to be fixed so I am trying to steer them toward Denon. It is in a dedicated home theater room outputting to a front projector. They have a second receiver that is in a living room that is pretty old and it is hooked up to a large Mitz rear projection set that is HD but only has component inputs. I was thinking that the 3311, or now probably 3312 would be a good choice for the theater and maybe a lower end model for their living room but I need to confirm the receiver will take a HDMI in from a Dish box and output over component with no trouble. From what I have read the on screen menu is only available over HDMI, is this true? If so what is the lowers model they should consider?

·
Premium Member
90,432 Posts
Just as with your 3808 there is no HDMI --> component video down conversion so she would need to get one of the models that has component video IN/OUT jacks (ie. 1712, 2312CI, or 3312CI); however, according to the Owner manuals, the 3312CI is the only XX12 model that will display the OSD/menu over component output. Her best bet for the living room would be last year's 2311CI which will has component IN/OUT jacks and will display the OSD/menu over the HDMI and component outputs.

·
Registered
33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie /forum/post/0

Keep in mind the 1712 is NOT a networking model so you would not be able to use the Web Control feature to control the AVR with your iPhone or iPad.

That's a good point. I was originally thinking that networking isn't needed because the appletv will do all the media feeding, but it might be nice to control volume with the iDevices. If I fire up a zone 2, can the denon app give me separate volume control for each zone? I have a harmony one remote for the system, otherwise.

·
Registered
459 Posts
If I'm using a separate power amp and only 5.1 speakers, which is the cheapest option for me? I want all of the bells and whistles with the highest possible sound quality. I will also need a bypass option for 2 channel music.

The 2312 looks like the best option unless I'm reading it wrong.

Thanks,

Joe M.

·
Registered
30,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

Quote:
If I'm using a separate power amp

sorry, the 3312 is the ONLY model in the current lineup that has pre-amp outputs.

if budget is a concern there, you might be able to find a closeout deal on the 3311...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Do any of the Denon receivers support HDMI pass thru? I want to be able to watch t.v. without the receiver being on all the time. I went to a local store and they told me Onkyo was the only brand they had that support this? They offered Yamaha, Pio, Denon, Onkyo, etc. Is this true?

Thanks

·
Registered
9,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunnoAV /forum/post/20424687

Do any of the Denon receivers support HDMI pass thru? I want to be able to watch t.v. without the receiver being on all the time. I went to a local store and they told me Onkyo was the only brand they had that support this? They offered Yamaha, Pio, Denon, Onkyo, etc. Is this true?

Thanks

Hi DunnoAV, Denon support HDMI pass thru since 2008/2009 model.

New 1612 and above support HDMI pass thru (1312 does not).

·
Registered
66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin /forum/post/20424804

Hi DunnoAV, Denon support HDMI pass thru since 2008/2009 model.

New 1612 and above support HDMI pass thru (1312 does not).

Thank you, this is what I thought but I'm know AV expert. So the sales people at the store I went to ????

·
Registered
2,657 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie /forum/post/20423645

You are likely correct ... 1912 is the best you'll get which is what a local non-Magnolia store just told me is the case with their store. Although keep in mind, as I pointed out in an earlier post, Best Buy does not set up Audyssey so you won't be able to check out MultEQ XT.

That's what I was afraid of. I wanted them to at least have the 2112. With Best Buy's return policy I was just going to buy one and check it out at the house. I will probably do that with the 1712 just to see what MultiEQ XT sounds like with my system. I rarely listen to anything at best buy, I just buy and return. I look at it as I'm helping people by providing more open box items. I have bought all my TVs at Best Buy but for audio stuff its more of a demo.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I guess 2312CI also provided HD radio.. which I am targetting for..

Just double checked.. I might be wrong I guess...

what are all the models provide HD radio??

·
Registered
21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_sank /forum/post/20427947

I guess 2312CI also provided HD radio.. which I am targetting for..

Just double checked.. I might be wrong I guess...

what are all the models provide HD radio??

Per Denon's specs only the 3312 has HD Radio.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just went into American TV to look at options for upgrading my Denon 1910 to a newer model with networking capabilities and walked out with a 1912 for $450 (+ tax).

I guess I know what I'm doing this weekend!

·
Registered
693 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig /forum/post/20424663

sorry, the 3312 is the ONLY model in the current lineup that has pre-amp outputs.

if budget is a concern there, you might be able to find a closeout deal on the 3311...
Here is the Rr. Panel of the AVR-3312CI

Looks like it is ALL THERE, ++ What more could we want? And if we need MORE POWER we can ADD an External AMP w/all those PreOuts, and there are also Dual Subwoofer Outs.

HD Radio is there in the lower left corner!!

Notice:

The Dual HDMI v1.4 Outs with ARC.

Analog Audio In for PHONO -- Nice.

Two Triggers Out so it can control Two Amps, later if you feel it is required.

7.2 Pre-Outs + Zone 2 and Zone 3 Pre-Outs: Great Feature.

21 - 40 of 20769 Posts