AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 20769 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthingp /forum/post/20435563

I need USB. The 1712 doesn't have USB as far as I can tell. Why is MultEQ XT better than MultEQ?

From the Audyssey site :

Flavors of MultEQ

Audyssey room correction technology comes in four solutions: MultEQ XT32, MultEQ XT, MultEQ and 2EQ. While they are all built on the same core science, each is designed to operate within the constraints of the available DSP processing power.

MultEQ XT32

: Our newest and most accurate room correction solution with more than ten thousand individual control points allowing finer details of the room's problems to be captured and corrected. The ultra high resolution filters are applied to all channels including the subwoofers, with the most obvious benefit being heard in the low frequency range where correction is needed the most.

MultEQ XT

: Our advanced resolution room correction solution with high resolution equalization filters for satellites and subwoofers. Most products with MultEQ XT are installer-ready and can be calibrated by an Audyssey Registered Installer to provide even higher performance for even the most demanding large or odd-shaped rooms.

MultEQ

: Our standard resolution room correction solution that uses mid-level resolution filters for satellites and subwoofers.

2EQ

: Our basic resolution room correction solution that uses basic resolution filters for the satellites, but does not apply a filter to the subwoofers.

MultEQ comparison chart

FeaturesMultEQ XT32MultEQ XTMultEQ2EQ
Filter resolution (satellites)512x16x2xx
Filter resolution (subwoofer)512x128x128xN/A
Number of Measurement Positions8*8*63
Adaptive Low Frequency CorrectionYesYesYesN/A
Crossover, Polarity, Delays, LevelsYesYesYesYes

* Up to 32 measurement positions with MultEQ Pro. Most AVRs with MultEQ XT32 and MultEQ XT are installer-ready and can be calibrated by an Audyssey Registered Installer to provide even higher performance for even the most demanding large or odd-shaped rooms. Find an installer near you.

·
Registered
693 Posts
^^ Very nice post, and that is why I am leaning toward the AVR-4311CI since it has MultEQ XT32, and many other +++'s. Although still on the fence, and looking very closely at the AVR-3312CI.

·
Premium Member
90,432 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by **OptimusPrime** /forum/post/20435910

I'm curious what this looks like. If anyone could post pics, that would be awesome.

You can see what the GUI screens look like by simply downloading the user manual for the model you are interesting in purchasing (see post #1). Because Denon is no longer producing hard copy Owner manuals, rather providing them on CD, the manuals are now in color and refect the color GUIs being used ... the 1312 - 2112CI using the same type GUI that will display over 2D HDMI video (not 3D video) and the 2312CI and 3312CI using a more advanced GUI that can display over both 2D and 3D HDMI video.

·
Registered
16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin /forum/post/0

Hi DunnoAV, Denon support HDMI pass thru since 2008/2009 model.

New 1612 and above support HDMI pass thru (1312 does not).

Does that means you can select with the remote source for hdmi pass thru while in standby (as yamaha does) ?

·
Registered
16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie /forum/post/0

If you are asking whether the remote will still be able to control a device while the AVR is in Standby, yes, as it's the remote controlling it, not the AVR.

Yes because i wanna be sure i can actually control which input (source) would be pass thru because some av receivers work in a way to put the last input before standy to be put pass thru so you can't actually choose what do want to watch (which source) on standby

·
Registered
16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie /forum/post/0

^^

Ah .. I misunderstood your question. Denon AVRs allow you to either select the LAST source used prior to going to Standby or a specific HDMI jack each time; however, this option cannot be changed while the AVR is in Standby.

That is bad. Yamaha alows you to click on the remote to source you wanna watch even with the receiver in standby

·
Registered
693 Posts
Anyone know why Denon did not incorporate,

Audyssey MultEQ XT32

: Our newest and most accurate room correction solution with more than ten thousand individual control points allowing finer details of the room’s problems to be captured and corrected. The ultra high resolution filters are applied to all channels including the subwoofers, with the most obvious benefit being heard in the low frequency range where correction is needed the most.

Into the AVR-3312CI?

·
Registered
693 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpearce023 /forum/post/20440646

I saw the 1912 1612 and 1312 at Best Buy today but no 1712 yet. I asked when it would be in and the guy told me there was no 1712. I didn't bother correcting him I just said thanks.

MJPearce --

Ah, my favorite store Best Buy, but don't beat up the poor guy trying to make a days wage (Just Kidding)

Well I know your just dying to get that nice 4311CI
, since I can't wait till '13 for the next up to 4313, but I have to make a decision by months end here.

Other half thought the 4311 was very nice, but we don't need all of that, and to much money I am told. I have to listen to the boss.

So it pushes me down to a new or used 4310 (scared with NIC Issues), or new 3311 (which is very nice) or maybe just in time for the 3312 (maybe they will be in stock as I was told 2-3 weeks still by EE).

·
Registered
693 Posts
Anyone know what happened to these I/O Connectors on the 3312 vs. 3311?

Was comparing the Rr. Panels of these two models, and noticed this:

3312 -- No Sat TV Sirius Connector, but is on the 3311

3312 -- No Dig. Audio Optical Out Connector, but is on the 3311

41 - 60 of 20769 Posts