AVS Forum banner

7401 - 7420 of 20769 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yea that's what I'm thinking just piece together a decent system over time. I guess I'm gonna start checking eBay/Craigslist to see what kind of deals I can find.

·
Registered
30,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7,402
what city are you located in? we can check your local craigslist for you, used speakers are great way to get bang for the buck value.

what are your goals with the speaker setup? towers? bookshelfs? little satellites? how big is the room?

·
Registered
356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jconjason /forum/post/21406053

bad advice... What would be the benefit of getting a 1612? He already has the 2112.

I would suggest you keep the 2112 and piece together speakers as you can, you dont have to buy them all at the same time

this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig /forum/post/21406107

what city are you located in? we can check your local craigslist for you, used speakers are great way to get bang for the buck value.

what are your goals with the speaker setup? towers? bookshelfs? little satellites? how big is the room?

and then this.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am in Las Vegas. The room isn't too big probably 17x17. I do watch a lot of tv/movies but pretty much my goal would be just a general upgrade from a crappy htib setup and good quality when watching blu rays and a nice ps3 experience when playing games. I have no preference to bookshelf/satellite etc. jut whatever fits my budget. In all actuality I probably wouldn't mind going up to $500 for the speakers/sub.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just bought an AVR-2112ci and am attempting to hook up to my Samsung TV (not ARC compatible). I'm having an issue I hope someone might be able to help with, and I hope this is the right place to ask.

I have OTA going directly to the TV (no cable box). On the TV, I have selected to output audio through external speakers. I have a toslink cable plugged into the digital audio output optical port on the TV and running to the 2112ci digital optical input port. On the Denon, I set the TV input to HDMI = none and Digital = OPT. No sound comes out. I see the red light at the end of the optical cable going to the receiver, so I know there is a good connection between the TV and the Denon. Any ideas of what settings may need to be tweaked? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebits /forum/post/21393417

I don't understand why they couldn't reproduce this issue. I have used my HTPC w/o any problem with Denon 4310 for more than a year and I could easily found this issue right afer I replaced it with 3312 like the pics below.

Can you tell them to attach his computer with 3312 via large screen? FYI. I'm using Nvidia GT430.

No Video Convert

Video Convert

i got the same problem with my AVR-2312 and the same video card,

how can we give the japanese engineers more specific technical information about this issue so they can resolve this??????

can somebody help us, or can we collect the users that got the same problems like us, and then send the setup information to the japanse engineers?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi!

I have a Denon 3312, and had a question about it's airplay functionality.

Unfortunately, the volume of the source (itunes for example) actually determines the volume on the receiver during playback. Which isn't a good thing in my view. As software can easily be bumped up to max volume by mistake.

I could implement volume limiting on the receiver, however that isn't a good solution for me. Is it possible to change this behaviour, so that the receiver volume is not effected by the source volume during airplay playback ?.

Many thanks!

·
Premium Member
90,432 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubke-nl /forum/post/21406531

i got the same problem with my AVR-2312 and the same video card,

how can we give the japanese engineers more specific technical information about this issue so they can resolve this??????

can somebody help us, or can we collect the users that got the same problems like us, and then send the setup information to the japanse engineers?

As I suggested to the other poster, register at Denon's website and then send an Ask A Question to them with the attached pics.

·
Premium Member
90,432 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpauker /forum/post/21406290

Just bought an AVR-2112ci and am attempting to hook up to my Samsung TV (not ARC compatible). I'm having an issue I hope someone might be able to help with, and I hope this is the right place to ask.

I have OTA going directly to the TV (no cable box). On the TV, I have selected to output audio through external speakers. I have a toslink cable plugged into the digital audio output optical port on the TV and running to the 2112ci digital optical input port. On the Denon, I set the TV input to HDMI = none and Digital = OPT. No sound comes out. I see the red light at the end of the optical cable going to the receiver, so I know there is a good connection between the TV and the Denon. Any ideas of what settings may need to be tweaked? Thanks in advance!

The optical input defaults to TV so no settings adjustment should be required. If the TV is setup correctly and the cable is not defective, then it should work. Try using another optical cable.

·
Registered
3,986 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by C1crx /forum/post/21405915

Hey guys my girlfriend just gave me a avr2112ci for Christmas
. But the thing is I dont think my speaker budget ($300) is gonna let me use the 2112 to it's full potential. Would you guys recommend maybe returning it and buying something more practical considering all I would connect would be a ps3 and cable hddvr both via HDMI?

Just my two cents' worth:

If I were in your situation I would want to get the best quality surround-sound speaker system I could afford now, and look to sell it when I'm ready to upgrade. That way you can maximize the utility of your new AVR and enjoy an excellent audio experience right away, with the prospect of moving up in the future.

In the range of $300 or less, I can recommend the Polk Audio RM705 (four satellites, center, and powered subwoofer). It has a very small footprint, excellent user reviews, and offers top-notch bang for the buck.

You can currently buy it new from Amazon for $250 shipped; or look around for an even better bargain on a used set.

·
Premium Member
90,432 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by C1crx /forum/post/21406081

Yea that's what I'm thinking just piece together a decent system over time. I guess I'm gonna start checking eBay/Craigslist to see what kind of deals I can find.

You might also want to consider the Energy Take 5.1 Classic . Use it for a few years and save up for a better upgrade.

·
Registered
14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie /forum/post/0

You might also want to consider the Energy Take 5.1 Classic . Use it for a few years and save up for a better upgrade.

I actually found a local dealer who has them in stock for $375 so right now that's what I'm leaning towards. My local best buy has a avr 1912 for $300 it's an open box like new I was gonna buy it just before my g/f got me the 2112 so maybe I can use the $300 towards the speakers instead.

·
Registered
65 Posts
sadly heard that jp engineers can't reprecate the image degrade issue on 2312...

this is too easy to identify by connet a computer hdmi out to amp and pass to tv or prj by displaying some text screen. There will be big differet by turning video convert on and off.

(can the supervisor of this thread pass this infomation to those engineers?)

·
Registered
6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie /forum/post/21406887

The optical input defaults to TV so no settings adjustment should be required. If the TV is setup correctly and the cable is not defective, then it should work. Try using another optical cable.

Easier said than done. I'll need to find another 50' cable to test with.

·
Premium Member
90,432 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by starmoon007 /forum/post/21407419

sadly heard that jp engineers can't reprecate the image degrade issue on 2312...

this is too easy to identify by connet a computer hdmi out to amp and pass to tv or prj by displaying some text screen. There will be big differet by turning video convert on and off.

(can the supervisor of this thread pass this infomation to those engineers?)

The owner's with the issue are much better served contacting Denon directly with your issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie /forum/post/21407590

Do you have another device that uses an optical input that you can test with instead?

I can test with my Blu Ray player using optical out and component video to the receiver. I was using that with my old receiver up until a few days ago when I put in the receiver and switched to HDMI. Hence, I think the shorter cables are good.

My setup that I'm trying to get work looks like this:

Samsung TV optical out -> short optical cable -> toslink wall plate -> 50' cable in the wall -> toslink wall plate -> short optical cable -> 2112ci

If I check the cable at the receiver, I can see there's a red light coming out from the cable, so I believe that means there's a good connection all the way back to the TV.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpauker /forum/post/21407491

Easier said than done. I'll need to find another 50' cable to test with.

Hi bpauker, make sure to remove the protective plastic caps (if there is one at each end) over the optical cable tip.

·
Registered
570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davird_Jr /forum/post/21284970

Have been using 2112 for 2 months now and a new problem has popped up. Have BD, Sat/Cbl, Xbox and HD-DVD all connected via HDMI and output to Samsung Plasma via HDMI. Denon is in closet behind our family room and connections are throught the wall using HDMI jacks through the wall. Not sure if this is the place to ask, but I think it is an AV receiver problem based on my troubleshooting so far. About a week and a half ago kids told me no video while trying watch a BD. Went to AV closet and HDMI on back of Insignia BD player seemed to be loose so I pushed it in to reseat it. Picture has returned, but now there is white streaking and blocking intermittently on the picture. It seems to get worse at times and the video (only) even drops out to the point that Samsung monitor advises no signal. I don't beleive this is the white sparkle described in the FAQ on page 1. It is more like the lines you see on film at a theater when there are flaws on the print. The odd thing is that the HDMI audio remains perfect and does not drop out even though it is attached through the same HDMI cable. This is very frustrating to watch and I have tried several things to try to troubleshoot. I have tried changing out the HDMI cable with three other HDMI cables, all do the same thing. I tried changing out the BD player with one from my bedroom, and even bought a Black Friday cheapie to try and they all 3 (2 different brands) do the same exact thing. I tried changing the BD output to Game 2 input on AVR, same thing. I tried unhooking HDMI from back of HD-DVD and plugging it into BD output, same thing. Tried plugging the BD player into a different AC outlet, same thing. Tried unplugging AVR for 15 minutes, no change, same problem. Sat/CBl and HD-DVD and Xbox are still playing flawlessly with no issues. Also connected BD direct into Samsung and it plays flawlessly including the audio back to the AVR through Samsung's optical out. Stumped. Am considering a microprocessor reset as soon as I can figure out how to save my config.dat file. Tried to see the AVR on my Windows 7 laptop last night, but couldn't. Am reaching the point of frustration as searching this thread and web search turn up nothing. Only BD and only video, I'm stumped. Thanks for listening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie /forum/post/21285128

^^

Are the HDMI cables from the same batch? Pick up another one from a different source. Also try connecting the BDP to each of the other HDMI inputs, other than the GAME2 input. If still no joy, resetting the microprocessor would be your next option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyclave /forum/post/21286668

The problem is the HDMI jacks through the wall. Each and every HDMI connection will impart signal loss, and those cheap HDMI wallplate couplers add two more insertion loss points not to mention their manufacturing tolerances are pretty loose.

Get rid of those wall plates and your problem will go away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davird_Jr /forum/post/21286948

The wall plates were were working fine until last week. One HDMI out of AVR to wall plate, one HDMI (3 ft) from wall plate to Samsung Plasma.

JD - HDMI cables were from two different batches/brands purchased from 2 different sources. I will be looking into microprocessor reset. Would prefer not to remove the wall plate, beside all other sources work fine. Puzzling, no?

OK after saving my settings and doing a microprocessor reset and uploading my settings, all of which seemed to work flawlessly, the problem still exists. So I experimented with the cables going from AVR to HDMI Wall jacks, reversed them and ran HDMI out through the one that was Game in and found that the problem was the same , maybe a bit worse over the other cable through the jack. So I removed the wall jack from the connection chain and lo and behold the problem disappeared. I am mystified that this only affected BD playback and not anyother HD source, but I can't argue with the outcome. Now on the Monoprice site where I bought the wall jacks it says that only 24 AWG HDMI cables should be used with these jacks. I don't think the ones I was using are of that quality so I will be considering ordering a pair to use with the jack and see if there is any improvement. I really do not want to give up the wall jack as it improves the look of everything and the holes are already there.

Thanks again so much for all of the assistance in troubleshooting this. It is great to have a place to go for help. I'll update when/if I get the 24 guage cables and let you all know what happens. It may be a while though.

7401 - 7420 of 20769 Posts