AVS Forum banner

39301 - 39320 of 59233 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
I have the Pioneer SC-95 and i am using the 7.1.4 setup. I am using Plex to play all my Video files through the Amazon Fire TV to the AVR. How do i actually know if i am playing Dolby Atmos content? When i play a demo Atmos file which is Dolby HD 7.1 the AVR shows PCM on the display.

·
Registered
15,227 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,808 Posts
Reactions: sbalasu3s

·
Registered
312 Posts
In Wall Fronts For In Ceiling Atmos Speakers

Hello. I'm just wondering can u use a in ceiling front speaker and place it as a ceiling speaker. Specifically for an atmos system and specifically a klipsch 3650w instead of a cdt 3650-cII. Would it effect anything. Are they somehow different.

Thanks.

·
Registered
26,856 Posts
RE; Update... Sold my Datasat, Altitude in house and room two weeks from completed construction. The final configuration is: 11.6.8 (LCRs, Side Fronts, 2 sets Side Surrounds, Back Surrounds, Front Heights, Top Fronts, Top Middle, Top Rear, Six Seaton Submersives). I should be able to provide advice on any conceivable 7.1.4 system with any height configuration. I can set up the Altitude to run a number of 7.1.4 systems using any of the 8 heights (e.g. Top fronts and rears, Front Heigh and Top Rear, etc).

(Wonderful pics excluded)

Wow, what beautiful home theater. I would expect nothing but the best from someone who drinks $60 Clos Martinet Tinto at a bargain price of $60/bottle.

Just messin with ya - - as a Michigander who is living in Colorado can do.

Really - - absolutely beautiful setup from decor to functionality. I wanna party with you, Cowboy. How about some Bob Seger on the big screen with the sound system cranked up? :>)
I'm just 'running against the wind.... Seger is the man around here (as you know).... Thanks! Appreciate the kind words.

Cheers! (and a good red)!:D

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts
Why are all the new ATMOS releases, released only on UHD?:mad:
Not all, but most

Three reasons - money, money money.

The movie studios want you to buy the new, more expensive UHD format and eveything else that goes with it. You can either bow down and obey or be an enlightened early adaptor who embraces the change. Depends on your point of view.

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
XT32 and ATMOS

while re-doing XT32 , and seeing that my TOPS were set to a distance of 25+ feet, with gains in the 10+ region,

the tops are closer than any other speakers and the mike is pretty much pointed at them even in a minor cross fire co-angulation, so that distance is delay factor

just took me a while to put it together . . .

if the spl's check out ok and it sounds "ok" then it may be all good

so for the time being, wrt REQ and ATMOS, this maybe as good at it gets for awhile?
It would seem that even an 88A would end up setting a delay like that . . . as a proximity factor.

anybody have any data wrt to just using dolby modules and how XT32 adjusts them?

·
Registered
1,554 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts
I'm just 'running against the wind.... Seger is the man around here (as you know).... Thanks! Appreciate the kind words.

Cheers! (and a good red)!:D
You'll have to show pics of your home theater when it is finished. I would expect a picture of an usher, in full uniform, just like a high end theater, posted at the door of your HT. :>)

Yes - from what a friend tells me, Mr. Seger is building a big house on the lakes in Michigan. He still tours and I was lucky enough to see him with Joe Walsh a year or so ago here in Denver.

Quick story about Seger - the album "Night Moves" was recorded in Detroit and Muscle Shoals, Alabama. The folks at Muscle Shoals commented that Seger was one of the few artists that they had met who had absolutely "zero" ego. Cool dude.

Reactions: Scarriere

·
Banned
8,184 Posts

·
Banned
8,184 Posts
No, you didn't [ You bought the Samsung K8500 4k UHD BDP]:)
right...BECAUSE they started releasing ATMOS exclusively on UHD

·
Registered
1,554 Posts

·
Banned
8,184 Posts
Nice!!!:)
So you are pairing it with Panasonic AE8000 and what UHD ATMOS movie have you watched?
yessir

concussion and Hancock

39301 - 39320 of 59233 Posts