AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Small wonder we can't get a hi-rez dualdisc. Snoop around a bit. Dualdisc.com is all Sony.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Well, I saw some Dual-Disc with DVD-A contents.
Oh? Where?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Sanjay. My observation was more to point out the fact that Sony's website is the official site for dualdisc. Therefore, there is no mention of DVD-A or hi-rez audio! Nothing. The website is nothing more than Sony tooting Sony's horn all over the place. It appears the intent of dualdisc.com is to deliberately mislead and confuse the consumer. It would also appear to be a major conflict of interest. No?

·
Registered
30,392 Posts
Tony,

It's strange that the official for Dual-Disc is Sony's. The DVD side of Dual-Disc isn't even spec'd for Sony's SACD, just DVD-Audio and DVD-Video. I guess there's no need, since SACD is already CD compatible. Maybe Sony is shifting priorities from SACD to Dual-Disc?

Sanjay

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't believe the backers of DVD-A aren't upset about this.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotguy8289
I can't believe the backers of DVD-A aren't upset about this.
let me guess. You have a denon dvd player and also a denon receiver?

·
Premium Member
12,091 Posts
I don't get it, every Dualdisc released to date with the exception of Sony's are DVD-A. Granted some of them are only 48/24, but they are still quite a bit better then their CD counterpart. But every Warner, Universal and Silverline Dualdisc have had DVD-A on them and a lots of them have been 96/24.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
let me guess. You have a denon dvd player and also a denon receiver?
Negative. I guess I don't know what you're referring to.

My point is that Sony's website, the official site for dualdisc, doesn't mention dvd audio. In fact you have to dig a bit to find reference to any other record labels. Up until about May of this year, I could only find Sony/BMG dualdiscs for sale. Yes, the rest are finally releasing some titles, but I believe it was a big mistake to let Sony "own" dualdisc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.