AVS Forum banner

2541 - 2560 of 2562 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
I just got a CineGrey 3D screen in 130” CinemaScope. The picture quality is pretty amazing with an Epson 6050.

however, the screen has some scuffmarks that are not visible by eye with lights on but show up as a “dirty screen effect” on certain scenes. It’s a bit disappointing as a friend of mine had to have 2 replacements with his 5D before it was perfect.

Is this a normal occurrence? I thought he was just unlucky but It’s a bit disappointing if quality control is this bad...

·
Registered
461 Posts
I just got a CineGrey 3D screen in 130” CinemaScope. The picture quality is pretty amazing with an Epson 6050.

however, the screen has some scuffmarks that are not visible by eye with lights on but show up as a “dirty screen effect” on certain scenes. It’s a bit disappointing as a friend of mine had to have 2 replacements with his 5D before it was perfect.

Is this a normal occurrence? I thought he was just unlucky but It’s a bit disappointing if quality control is this bad...
I've never heard that, I have the 150" 16:9 Cinegrey 3D and its flawless from day one. The company is really good on their customer service

Reactions: noob00224

·
Registered
365 Posts
I've never heard that, I have the 150" 16:9 Cinegrey 3D and its flawless from day one. The company is really good on their customer service
Well we are super unlucky then or recent issues with quality control for ANZ region?

Disappointing when you waited for a screen for 4 months as the size is not in stock. If they do fix it, I’ll have to wait another 3 months most likely and hope it won’t have the same issue.
I’ve sent the issues off to them. Let’s see what they say and if they do rise to the challenge.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Well we are super unlucky then or recent issues with quality control for ANZ region?

Disappointing when you waited for a screen for 4 months as the size is not in stock. If they do fix it, I’ll have to wait another 3 months most likely and hope it won’t have the same issue.
I’ve sent the issues off to them. Let’s see what they say and if they do rise to the challenge.
I had my led lights strip power/remote go bad, it was a bad run and they replaced it with in a week, so in your case it would just be sending off the screen fabric as a replacement and they are good about customer service, althouhg with the pandemic no one is answering the phones and its chat or email only.

Reactions: rollon1980

·
Registered
323 Posts
Looking for an Elite Screen recommendation. Here are some details of my space / setup:

-Open basement rec room (non-dedicated home theater) with light control
-Some ambient light
-Epson 5030UB projector
-16ft throw distance
-White walls
-Floor standing and in-ceiling Klipsch reference speakers (no acoustic screen needed)
-135" screen size desired.

Thoughts on the Sable screen with thicker black trim?

·
Registered
361 Posts
I just recently installed the Elite Sable screen (120") with Cinegray 3d material. I have it installed where my previous screen was ( a diy matt white screen). I had a wide, 8" black felt border around my old screen which the Sable sits on top of. I also have a light controlled room wtith white walls. This screen with the ALR material has dramatically improved the black level and contrast of my projector.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I just recently installed the Elite Sable screen (120") with Cinegray 3d material. I have it installed where my previous screen was ( a diy matt white screen). I had a wide, 8" black felt border around my old screen which the Sable sits on top of. I also have a light controlled room wtith white walls. This screen with the ALR material has dramatically improved the black level and contrast of my projector.
I had slanted ceilings in my old finished attic. Word of advice: the best thing you could do is do triple black velvet on your ceiling. It will eliminate the reflections washing out the image, especially in the upper right corner. It costs almost nothing to do and is one of the biggest impacts I've ever done in my theater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JamesVG81

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi thinking on buying the Elite Screen Daywalker, have someone that screen in a deticated Movieroom or would you reccomend a White screen instead..? It's light controld room with No Windows.
And also can you se sparkels or glitters in the Daywalker screen..? Someone maybe have som pictures..?
Also whats the diffrence betwin the Daywalker and the other ALR screens ..??

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have an Elite Aeon Series AR92WH2 screen. I am wondering if it is feasible to replace the screen material (currently cineWhite) with Acoustic Pro UHD material. Can an exact fit replacement (for the screen material) be factory made that will install the same way the original screen did? Please let me know. Thank you.

·
Registered
711 Posts
how does the elite cinewhite compare to silver ticket? trying to find something smoother than the silver ticket, without any sparkle (I’ve found some slight sparkle in the silver ticket 1.3 raw material).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Elitescreens Sable B2 (SB120WH2) wall mount question?
I just finished assembling the screen (a lot of labour to attach 108 sets of grommets) and got the upper wall brackets secured in the wall. Mounted the frame on those brackets and, against the wall, it looks awesome.
Now I'm wondering what I'm supposed to do with the bottom brackets that were included in the kit. I would have thought they would prevent the lower horizontal frame bar from pulling down on the overall frame but the way the brackets are formed/shaped doesn't indicate they do that. If anything, they look to hook onto the inner ridge of the frame and pull downward. As well, the drywall screw and portion of the bracket would then appear below frame border. That can't be right. The instructions aren't of much help on that either.
So, question is whether there's a risk of the lower part of the frame and screen stretching the screen downwards if I choose not to attach any lower bracket support?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Elitescreens Sable B2 (SB120WH2) wall mount question?
I just finished assembling the screen (a lot of labour to attach 108 sets of grommets) and got the upper wall brackets secured in the wall. Mounted the frame on those brackets and, against the wall, it looks awesome.
Now I'm wondering what I'm supposed to do with the bottom brackets that were included in the kit. I would have thought they would prevent the lower horizontal frame bar from pulling down on the overall frame but the way the brackets are formed/shaped doesn't indicate they do that. If anything, they look to hook onto the inner ridge of the frame and pull downward. As well, the drywall screw and portion of the bracket would then appear below frame border. That can't be right. The instructions aren't of much help on that either.
So, question is whether there's a risk of the lower part of the frame and screen stretching the screen downwards if I choose not to attach any lower bracket support?
The lower brackets keep the bottom of the frame from being pulled away from the wall.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I am looking at a Sable Frame 16:9 135" with acoustic pro p3 for use with an Epson 6050UB/TW-9400.
Does anyone have any insight with this screen? What is the difference from p2 to p3?
My seating is flexible.. for more information,please look here AT screen to do or not to do?

Any information is appreciated

Thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently purchased a sable B2 when I have come to assemble it the horizontal tension rods when inserted are longer than the screen frame is this normal?

I have used the 2 long ones vertically, but the 4 horizontal stick out passed the frame.

Thanks for any help in advance!

·
Registered
602 Posts
I am looking at a Sable Frame 16:9 135" with acoustic pro p3 for use with an Epson 6050UB/TW-9400.
Does anyone have any insight with this screen? What is the difference from p2 to p3?
My seating is flexible.. for more information,please look here AT screen to do or not to do?

Any information is appreciated

Thank you
I had the Epson 5040ub with a 135inch 2.35:1 screen with the P2 and the P3. You definitely want the P3 the P2 is screen door city. Well the sample I had was. They sent me out some P3 free of charge. Customer service is great. I’m sitting around 11 foot from mine. You can’t see the weave at all on the P3 at any distance. Still using it with my JVC RS620. Thinking of going to a 150 with the new material and making masking bars. Only thing that I have tested that’s a higher gain is the XD material but you can see the weave on it. I was bothered by it at 11 foot. I tried a bunch of 2x2 samples and the elite kept up well.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I had the Epson 5040ub with a 135inch 2.35:1 screen with the P2 and the P3. You definitely want the P3 the P2 is screen door city. Well the sample I had was. They sent me out some P3 free of charge. Customer service is great. I’m sitting around 11 foot from mine. You can’t see the weave at all on the P3 at any distance. Still using it with my JVC RS620. Thinking of going to a 150 with the new material and making masking bars. Only thing that I have tested that’s a higher gain is the XD material but you can see the weave on it. I was bothered by it at 11 foot. I tried a bunch of 2x2 samples and the elite kept up well.
Thank you.. I got the samples i ordered,which i had to pay for by the way,which is quite expensive for a small piece of material measuring 30x20cm,around 8$ per sample.. That said, i was also pretty stunned the P2 was so thin and reminded me of the material women use as a veil on the wedding day,ofcourse the backing material is lacking but still,it seemed really open.. The P3 feels like weaved plastic and is an off-white color,not real white like the P2..
Does the off-white color of the P3 have any influence on the color of the projected image?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Thank you.. I got the samples i ordered,which i had to pay for by the way,which is quite expensive for a small piece of material measuring 30x20cm,around 8$ per sample.. That said, i was also pretty stunned the P2 was so thin and reminded me of the material women use as a veil on the wedding day,ofcourse the backing material is lacking but still,it seemed really open.. The P3 feels like weaved plastic and is an off-white color,not real white like the P2..
Does the off-white color of the P3 have any influence on the color of the projected image?
Odd I might have to go look at mine again. It’s all currently rolled up in tubes as I finish my new room. If I remember correctly the p2 was the more plastic of the 2 and the replacement they sent me is a soft fabric weave. I have pictures some where of the 2.Actually found the old thread I posted about all this.Elite screen P2 there are still pictures up. If needed I can take what they sent me out and take some new pictures.

2541 - 2560 of 2562 Posts