AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2174 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Creating an official thread for the long-awaited and highly anticipated Emotiva RMC-1, the first home theater processor below $10,000 to allow 9.1.6 for Dolby Atmos!

The RMC-1 officially went live for sale on Emotiva's website at 12:00 midnight (CST) on 11/15 and sold out of their limited stock within 6-7 hours. Got my order submitted at 12:02 am. I received confirmation of shipment on Wednesday, 11/21.

Emotiva opened up their site for additional preorders on November 20th, with anticipated shipment dates for additional inventory at the end of December 2018 or early January 2019.

Congrats in advance to all the new RMC - 1 owners!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
The "Official" Emotiva RMC-1 Owners Thread

I'm picking mine up tomorrow from UPS. I'll upload some pix.

*Some interesting info from the Emotiva forums;

• From jnelson2000: "Dan emailed me direct this morning and let me relay what he conveyed. Adapters (XLR to RCA) are being fabricated and he expects them to be available after the new year as a courtesy. Meaning you will have to request them and will not be shipped as standard. Second, Dan also mentioned Dirac 2.0 will be available in the near future."
  • No Dirac out the box, but REW filters supported right now
  • Initial/cold boot, and startup up takes about 2 minutes. Future firmware should optimize this.
  • With "power on always" start up is now NOT an issue
  • Settings can be backed up via USB

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Didn't realize there was a thread already when I posted my "Official" thread. Thanks for merging. I will have to format my post again later. I just picked mine up. Will put up pix soon.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Plenty of pix.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for posting the pics @Geronimo.USMC.

I have been waiting so long to have 9.1.6 capability on a processor at this price point, and it is really exciting to see this launch!!

The "potential" for 11.5.8 with the expansion slots, combined with Dirac room correction makes this RMC-1 that much more enticing!!!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
My impressions so far:

So, I found some bugs. A factory Reset, and an HDMI cable swap (It worked perfectly fine on my AV8802A from my Panasonic 820) on my 4K player fixed all, except one of them. See my PC specs in my signature, because with my PC hooked up to it via HDMI, I get intermittent sound, and it won't lock on to the Multi-channel PCM coming directly from my 1080Ti graphics card. It will show video perfectly, but sound is super buggy....Calling Emotiva tech support about it in the morning. I bitstream from my optical players, and that works.

I love the fantastic front display on it, but the OSD Menu and GUI is super minimalist, and old-school. Quite jarring, as I've had "pretty" GUI and OSD from high end processors, and receivers, but it gets the job done. HDMI switching is slow, but not that bad. Sometimes there is a delay from the remote presses, and commands.

It is very light. About 25lbs. I was surprised about that when I picked it up.

A handy feature I used, was saving all my settings, input renaming, speaker distances, levels, etc, before I factory restored it. That worked like a charm.

I set up my distances, and levels. No impression on the sound yet!..........I just got this thing, plus DIRAC 2.0 is not out yet, and I have no UMIK-1 mic for REW. I'm looking for a used Cross Spectrum Labs version, if someone wants to lend or sell me one......../forum/images/smilies/wink.gif

·
Registered
6,994 Posts
Looks like another 5 shipped yesterday

I’m a Denon 8500H owner since February 2nd 2018, been eyeing this to go beyond 9.2.4 / 7.2.6, so will be reading here and posting Q’s once Dirac 2.0 is released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
No owners out there yet that wish to comment?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Reactions: RetiredandLovingIt

·
Registered
1,213 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Looking forward to the firmware upgrade. And especially a "review" on how it sounds. I am very interested in this processor for my theater but I am afraid of the Emotiva software bugs.

·
Registered
267 Posts
My impressions so far:

So, I found some bugs. A factory Reset, and an HDMI cable swap (It worked perfectly fine on my AV8802A from my Panasonic 820) on my 4K player fixed all, except one of them. See my PC specs in my signature, because with my PC hooked up to it via HDMI, I get intermittent sound, and it won't lock on to the Multi-channel PCM coming directly from my 1080Ti graphics card. It will show video perfectly, but sound is super buggy....Calling Emotiva tech support about it in the morning. I bitstream from my optical players, and that works.

I love the fantastic front display on it, but the OSD Menu and GUI is super minimalist, and old-school. Quite jarring, as I've had "pretty" GUI and OSD from high end processors, and receivers, but it gets the job done. HDMI switching is slow, but not that bad. Sometimes there is a delay from the remote presses, and commands.

It is very light. About 25lbs. I was surprised about that when I picked it up.

A handy feature I used, was saving all my settings, input renaming, speaker distances, levels, etc, before I factory restored it. That worked like a charm.

I set up my distances, and levels. No impression on the sound yet!..........I just got this thing, plus DIRAC 2.0 is not out yet, and I have no UMIK-1 mic for REW. I'm looking for a used Cross Spectrum Labs version, if someone wants to lend or sell me one......../forum/images/smilies/wink.gif

Halo can you do a comparison review vs 8802A? I have 8802A and now thinking to get 8805 until I read about RMC-1.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 2174 Posts