AVS Forum banner

721 - 740 of 1053 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Whats the difference between the Airmotiv T1 and T2?

And why are they on closeout?

Is the T2 worth $300 more?

Are there better choices for Home theater speakers for 5.1 that are in the same price range or even 3-$500 more?

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
Whats the difference between the Airmotiv T1 and T2?

And why are they on closeout?

Is the T2 worth $300 more?

Are there better choices for Home theater speakers for 5.1 that are in the same price range or even 3-$500 more?
it's hard to beat the emo's at the current pricing.. i'll go out on a limb and say that the t1 is one of the best bargains in all of audio right now.. the t2 is great as well , but probably *not* worth $300 more for a guy on a budget ... the t1 is being phased out .. there are some new models about to come out...

Reactions: mpk1970

·
Registered
442 Posts
it's hard to beat the emo's at the current pricing.. i'll go out on a limb and say that the t1 is one of the best bargains in all of audio right now.. the t2 is great as well , but probably *not* worth $300 more for a guy on a budget ... the t1 is being phased out .. there are some new models about to come out...
Yeah Emotiva said that they will replace the T1 and T2, I'm wondering if they will only replace the floorstandings or the centers and surrounds too. Also I'm curious if they will stick to this neutral sound signature and pricing or they will aim different position.
I really hope that they'll stick to the current scheme because as you said their speakers are one of the best widely available speakers from NA to Europe.

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
Yeah Emotiva said that they will replace the T1 and T2, I'm wondering if they will only replace the floorstandings or the centers and surrounds too. Also I'm curious if they will stick to this neutral sound signature and pricing or they will aim different position.
I really hope that they'll stick to the current scheme because as you said their speakers are one of the best widely available speakers from NA to Europe.
i would think the amt tweeter is going to remain in the next gen..that probably means that the semi laid back / neutral sound will still remain.. i am thinking they may tweak the cabs some (it's been rumored) and or some(low / mid) driver tweaks...i have been told the mid / tweeter x- over could be improved as well (on the b1).. maybe that will be addressed ...

·
Registered
442 Posts
i would think the amt tweeter is going to remain in the next gen..that probably means that the semi laid back / neutral sound will still remain.. i am thinking they may tweak the cabs some (it's been rumored) and or some(low / mid) driver tweaks...i have been told the mid / tweeter x- over could be improved as well (on the b1).. maybe that will be addressed ...
That would be great, I guess the new speakers will come around June.

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
Reactions: fatallerror

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
Here's a pic from emotiva brochure I got during axpona.
looks like the b1+ is beefier , more cabinet there by the looks :).. i may have to get a look at those..

·
Registered
507 Posts
Looks like they're now closing out the C2 at $319... Mine was worth every penny of the $399 I paid (and then some) but dang, $319 is a killer deal for that kind of performance.
Such a monstrous looking center and nothing but good reviews on its performance...I have no need for it, but I would love to hear that thing!

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Looks like they're now closing out the C2 at $319... Mine was worth every penny of the $399 I paid (and then some) but dang, $319 is a killer deal for that kind of performance.
I wish I would have waited about three weeks to order mine when I also purchased the T1s on Closeout. Wonder if they would honor the new Closeout Price with a refund, since it was just a few weeks ago?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Such a monstrous looking center and nothing but good reviews on its performance...I have no need for it, but I would love to hear that thing!
I have heard great things about your JBL 590’s but JBL doesn’t have anything that matches a C2. A possible option would be to sell your front 3 and replace them with T1’s or T2’s and a C2. Stereophile’s review of the T2 was very positive and lauded an optimal crossover design which I am sure applies to the other Airmotiv’s as the was my biggest question regarding this design. I have owned some nice speakers in the past but the T1’s and C2 set I recently bought are truly amazing speakers for the money especially at the close out prices.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Here's a pic from emotiva brochure I got during axpona.

really interested in those A1's to replace my pioneer dolby enabled. Probably getting T0's or T1's this summer (T2's are way to big for my space), then maybe the A1's around black friday if on sale, assuming they get decent reviews and aren't too pricey.

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
I wish I would have waited about three weeks to order mine when I also purchased the T1s on Closeout. Wonder if they would honor the new Closeout Price with a refund, since it was just a few weeks ago?
i would *call* cs and ask .. maybe a gift certificate?:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just ordered a set and am seconded guessing if the B1's are a tad overkill for surrounds? I have T1s and a c2 to complete the set. Mainly looking for home theater performance.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I just ordered a set and am seconded guessing if the B1's are a tad overkill for surrounds? I have T1s and a c2 to complete the set. Mainly looking for home theater performance.
I'm of the opinion that the ideal situation is to get the highest caliber speakers that you can in all positions, as it gives you the most flexibility in tuning and capability of the system. Given the current price of the B1s those are a great option if you have the space.

721 - 740 of 1053 Posts