AVS Forum banner

1121 - 1140 of 1153 Posts

·
I'm That Guy, don't be me
655 Posts
I toe mine in a little bit, but not straight toward the listening position. If you toe them too far, you start to lose the distinctiveness of the stereo effect.

Reactions: leecreek

·
Registered
43 Posts
So, just to chime in here, I took the bait and bought the T2+ and C2+ for LCR, powered by a SR6015 in a 13x19x8 room. Speakers have had a couple of weeks to settle in with a mix of movies and music, I'd say maybe 10-12 hours top (the AVR has finally lost its OMG you're killing me scent). I have them a foot in from each corner, slightly toed in towards MLP. I tried several positions, and this seems to give to my ears the most focused vocal image without collapsing the sound stage.

Initial setup with Audyssey was OK. They sound great, using either Pure Direct (uncorrected) or Music (which uses room correction). Music mode definitely has a more focused sound stage, as it eliminates the room oddities (room is untreated painted drywall, floor is plush carpet).

Then, I used the spreadsheet in this thread: Announcing ratbuddyssey - a tool for tweaking Audyssey...

I setup and manually tweaked the Audyssey curves to give a more engaging sloped response curve. And wow, did it ever change these speakers. Movies are insanely dynamic now, and the 4x 8" woofers in the towers really shake the room. It isn't a subwoofer, but at reference level (75 on the AVR) watching Ready Player One during the opening race scene (via Blu-Ray with the Atmos mix, speaker virtualization enabled as I only have LCR) it was impactful, dynamic, and really impressive.

Now yes, I plan to add a subwoofer to get the lowest of low octaves, but right now it sounds incredible and completely engaging. The bass is on point, midrange/mid-bass can be jarring, and it moves the room. Total bass heads will likely disagree, but I was surprised once the target curve was applied how awesome it sounded. I would say for 90% of movie viewing it would be completely acceptable.

So for me, these speakers are just right and a bargain at the delivered price!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hello all

I have been on a quest to find speakers with a keyhole mount for surrounds, sadly the B1+ does not have a keyhole mount BUT, Emotiva was kind enough to send me the following;

"I have attached pictures. You are welcome to put a screw anywhere in the shaded area. They are not eligible for a return for a refund if you screw into the box. So hook them up and make sure you like them first.

Secondly, there are heavy and we really didn't intend on customer mounting them. We are not recommending doing so, and it is your responsibility to secure them and if they fall.
The back panel is 3/4" MDF wood."

I hope this helps someone! I have searched the internet over and over that came up empty.

·
655 Posts
I have been on a quest to find speakers with a keyhole mount for surrounds, sadly the B1+ does not have a keyhole mount BUT, Emotiva was kind enough to send me the following;
The A1s have a keyhole bracket that can be attached to the back. The E1s have 2 keyholes on the back, but they stopped selling those about a year ago, glad I bought mine when I did.

Reactions: leecreek

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi,

This might help someone who was in the same boat as me trying to decide on a center speaker.

It compares the Emotiva C2 center speaker with other speakers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So if one were to make an order of $500. The credit earned towards your next purchase would be equal to (500 - 100) X 20% = $80. Is that how this works?

·
Registered
43 Posts
So if one were to make an order of $500. The credit earned towards your next purchase would be equal to (500 - 100) X 20% = $80. Is that how this works?
I'm pretty sure it would be $100, the minimum is just a threshold, not a reduction in order value.

·
Registered
75Q90R, Denon 950H, Emotiva Tzero+, C2+, A1, Def Tech BP2, and SVS PC2000 Pro.
102 Posts
I purchased the Tzero's and C1 to go with a SVS pc-2000 pro and I have thoroughly enjoyed the combo. I think you will like them

·
Registered
125 Posts
Which of the two is better ?

emotiva t1 c2 b1 surrounds monolith 10 sub
vs
emotiva t0+ c2 t0+ surrounds monolith 10 sub

·
Registered
21 Posts
The front T1s should be better than the T0s, and the surround C0 should be better than the B1. The fronts are more important speakers than surrounds so I would guess the first option is better. I would add my Front T1s and C2 center arrived today and my first impression is they are great. Certainly better than what I had.

·
Registered
125 Posts
The front T1s should be better than the T0s, and the surround C0 should be better than the B1. The fronts are more important speakers than surrounds so I would guess the first option is better. I would add my Front T1s and C2 center arrived today and my first impression is they are great. Certainly better than what I had.
Thank you

·
655 Posts
Which of the two is better ?

emotiva t1 c2 b1 surrounds monolith 10 sub
vs
emotiva t0+ c2 t0+ surrounds monolith 10 sub
I agree with Tomander, the first option is the better way to go. I have 2 sets of T0s myself (fronts and front wides), but that is only because T1/T2s won't work in my room. Center/Left/Right are by far the most important speakers. The rest of the speakers are just support. Great speakers up front, decent speakers everywhere else.

Reactions: ckoons1

·
655 Posts
subwoofer ?
I have two HSU VTF-2, though I haven't hooked up the 2nd one yet. With just the 1 hooked up, it gives me some serious bass. I can't wait to hear it with 2. I'm waiting for a new AVR before I hook up it and several more speakers.

Reactions: ckoons1
1121 - 1140 of 1153 Posts