AVS Forum banner

1141 - 1153 of 1153 Posts

·
I'm That Guy, don't be me
655 Posts
actually went this route emotiva t1+ front c2 center t0+ surrounds monolith 10 sub
The nice thing about T0s as surrounds is that you don't have to deal with speaker stands or mounting them to the wall.

·
Registered
57 Posts
emotiva t1 c2 b1 surrounds monolith 10 sub
vs
emotiva t0+ c2 t0+ surrounds monolith 10 sub

room 15 x 15
My room is 30x13x8.5 with an opening; I was considering a similar setup and decided on T0's and C2+. After having this setup, I don't think I'd need the bigger towers (my use is 90% HT). Most of the sound comes from the center. The setup can get pretty loud. You should be fine with T0 and C2+.

If getting a Monolith sub, sign up for Freeshipping.com. You ger 10% cashback plus free shipping both ways. If you decided you don't like it, they cover return ground shipping.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I have the monolith 10 and for your use it is good but for music its very hard to dial in and not without sloppiness. My rythmik l12 is just right for both ht and music.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Curious does everyone set all speaker channels to 75 db or do you run things like the center or subwoofer higher?

Also is 80hz crossover the standard?

Thx

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
80hz crossover is considered the standard for HT. (Among other things it insures the frequencies assigned to the sub are non-directional making sub placement more flexible.)

Reactions: ckoons1

·
Registered
125 Posts
curious i have all emotiva speakers (5.2.4) except for my subs and height speakers which are dayton b652 air. would it be worth replacing the daytons with the emotiva b1 speakers or would it be overkill being as they are just height speakers?

thank you

·
The Village Idiot
9,625 Posts
IMO it would be a side ways move. The Dayton speakers have the same air motion tweeter (AMT). Other than a difference in crossovers they are probably more alike than not.

·
Registered
125 Posts
IMO it would be a side ways move. The Dayton speakers have the same air motion tweeter (AMT). Other than a difference in crossovers they are probably more alike than not.
interesting that it would be a side ways move since one pair sells for $60 and the other sells for $230. do you mean it would be a side ways move since they will be used as height speakers or in general?

thank you

·
The Village Idiot
9,625 Posts
interesting that it would be a side ways move since one pair sells for $60 and the other sells for $230. do you mean it would be a side ways move since they will be used as height speakers or in general?

thank you
Those Dayton speakers sound pretty good from what I read of them, having never heard them, only comments and short reviews. It's probable that Emotiva uses better crossover parts. I don't think the Emotiva speakers will sound 4x better since they are 4x the price of the Dayton speakers.

If you were looking for an inexpensive speakers for mains, I'd say buy both and keep the ones you like best. For wides duty? No. There isn't that much sound coming from those speakers.

Dennis Murphy of Philharmonic Audio was buying and altering speakers from Parts Express for a while, the Dayton Audio dealer. His simple crossover changes made a decent speaker pretty darned good. I bought a pair of them, and have since given them to one of my sisters. She thinks they are great. And they are. Dennis is very sharp when it comes to crossovers, and speaker design in general. He's the guy that designed my main stereo speakers, the Salk Song Towers, and he did so from the ground up. They are very nice, IMO. If I weren't so happy with them I'd probably buy a pair of his BMR monitors.

Reactions: ckoons1

·
Registered
Sony X900H / Onkyo TX-NR777 / Sony UBP-X700 Blu-ray / Emotiva B1s/C1 / SVS PB2000
280 Posts
Has anyone ever drilled a hole into the B1's to attached a speaker mount to? My living room setup really only let me hang the speakers from the ceiling.

Or if someone has a third party speaker mount that will accomplish this, I would be all ears.
I bought these speaker mounts off Amazon and they have worked great

1141 - 1153 of 1153 Posts