261 - 280 of 519 Posts

·
Registered
13,144 Posts
*arf* *arf* :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
I thought that was the case but, the OM can be quite vague on some things. Thank you!

Any issue with using an XLR "Y" adapter for the center?
One thing to consider is that, if the two centers are not matched in model and placement, then the processor will not be able to adjust their level and frequency response individually using a Y cable.

·
Premium Member
1,315 Posts
One thing to consider is that, if the two centers are not matched in model and placement, then the processor will not be able to adjust their level and frequency response individually using a Y cable.
For sure. I wouldn't consider anything but exact speakers right next to each other. Actually, I wouldn't have considered it period but, my previous AVP had two center channel outputs. I said what the heck and tried it and liked it LOL.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I’m not so sure about 2 centers side to side. What I am sure is that the front wides make a big difference in Atmos movies.

·
Premium Member
1,315 Posts
I’m not so sure about 2 centers side to side. What I am sure is that the front wides make a big difference in Atmos movies.
I probably should've thought more about front wides. I'm going from a 5.1 and 7.1 to 7.1.4 in both, so I'm wire runned, drywall cut and painted out LOL. I could try it in one of them with some towers or speakers on stands though.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I’️m not so sure about 2 centers side to side. What I am sure is that the front wides make a big difference in Atmos movies.
I probably should've thought more about front wides. I'm going from a 5.1 and 7.1 to 7.1.4 in both, so I'm wire runned, drywall cut and painted out LOL. I could try it in one of them with some towers or speakers on stands though.
Yes you might want to try it out first.

I tried it out with my spare definitive BP2 surround speakers at the front wide location and was like whoa! This is pretty impressive in how the front soundstage widened and the front to back panning was smoother. So then I replaced the front wides with my surround backs (Revel F12) that’s full range. So now my front wides and surround sides are Revel F12s. I have to temporarily use my old Polk S10 for the surround rear but that’s ok bc those are the least important surround speakers imho.

As I said, I feel like I’m at the theaters finally. Now I just need to find a pair of old Revel F12 for surround backs. 😊

·
Premium Member
1,315 Posts

I tried it out with my spare definitive BP2 surround speakers at the front wide location and was like whoa! This is pretty impressive in how the front soundstage widened and the front to back panning was smoother. So then I replaced the front wides with my surround backs (Revel F12) that’s full range. So now my front wides and surround sides are Revel F12s. I have to temporarily use my old Polk S10 for the surround rear but that’s ok bc those are the least important surround speakers imho.

As I said, I feel like I’m at the theaters finally. Now I just need to find a pair of old Revel F12 for surround backs. 😊
Dang it, now I'm off to look for more speakers LOL. I'll be looking for something similar since my fronts are DefTech 7001's.

·
Registered
291 Posts

I tried it out with my spare definitive BP2 surround speakers at the front wide location and was like whoa! This is pretty impressive in how the front soundstage widened and the front to back panning was smoother. So then I replaced the front wides with my surround backs (Revel F12) that’️s full range. So now my front wides and surround sides are Revel F12s. I have to temporarily use my old Polk S10 for the surround rear but that’️s ok bc those are the least important surround speakers imho.

As I said, I feel like I’️m at the theaters finally. Now I just need to find a pair of old Revel F12 for surround backs. 😊
Dang it, now I'm off to look for more speakers LOL. I'll be looking for something similar since my fronts are DefTech 7001's.
I would definitely try it out first if I were you.

Not everyone feels the same way about front wides.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I am not really satisfied with the sound in stereo mode with xmc-2! After a couple of ours I here dissortion from the speakers on cd and tidal streaming! I get the feeling when playing music with much bass on loud levels that the fun is going to end a little bit to fast! Like I bottom the bass to fast,it should sound more! I have now install my old Harman/kardon pm 665vxi and for sure I can play more and louder with controll on my woofers! No bad sounds, feels Much more powerful in the bass! I use the Pm665vxi as a preamp and xpa gen3 as poweramp! The source is tidal on a Linn Ds streamer and I only use reference stereo mode! Tried every modes and The reference mode allways win! Oh forget, the speakers is Canton reference 2k! Because I use HK like a preamp the power in gen3 should not be the problem
The XMC-2 is supposed to be excellent as a 2 channel pre-amp, weird! Are you updated with the latest firmware? Have you think of a master reset?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Has *anyone* gotten EARC working reliably? I really don’t care about remote control, I just want audio return working. I have a VERY simple set up. LGC9 connected to EARC on the XMC,2 DirecTV to LG.

Settings on the TV = ARC, pass through. Magically, at first success. No clue why, but come back the next day and no sound. I’ve tried all suggestions, high dollar cable, power down everything and reconnect, prayer etc. and it just does not work reliably.

Really want to know if it’s the TV or Emo - I suspect it’s EMO.

Very aggravating.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Not to stir anything up here, can you guys correct your sub with the DSP? When I use the DSP for the sub, it makes no correction. Is this a problem unique to me?
It has been confirmed that the Parametric EQ for the sub channel (only the sub channel) is not working as of firmware 1.9 and earlier revisions. Other channels PEQ works okay. Apparently a fix for this is in beta testing (1.9.1?). So for now, you can't correct the sub channels with PEQ.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Has *anyone* gotten EARC working reliably? I really don’t care about remote control, I just want audio return working. I have a VERY simple set up. LGC9 connected to EARC on the XMC,2 DirecTV to LG.

Settings on the TV = ARC, pass through. Magically, at first success. No clue why, but come back the next day and no sound. I’ve tried all suggestions, high dollar cable, power down everything and reconnect, prayer etc. and it just does not work reliably.

Really want to know if it’s the TV or Emo - I suspect it’s EMO.

Very aggravating.
I am not sure if the XMC-2 supports eARC yet.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
It has been confirmed that the Parametric EQ for the sub channel (only the sub channel) is not working as of firmware 1.9 and earlier revisions. Other channels PEQ works okay. Apparently a fix for this is in beta testing (1.9.1?). So for now, you can't correct the sub channels with PEQ.
Thank you. What are you guys doing to correct the sub in room? I moved things around to get a better response, but still have large peaks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thank you. What are you guys doing to correct the sub in room? I moved things around to get a better response, but still have large peaks.
I have optimized the sub positions and also done a lot of room treatment with bass traps. For the final compensation DSP is about the only option. While waiting for Dirac 2.0, I'm using a miniDSP 2x4 fed from the Center Sub output in Mono mode. The miniDSP allows me to gain-match multiple subs, time-align them, and apply PEQ to the subs individually, together or both. I use Room EQ Wizard to measure and see the effect of each adjustment. Once the subs are aligned with each other and EQ is applied for best response, I use REW to set the distance (delay) on the XMC-2 to time-align the combined sub output to the other channels.

·
Registered
126 Posts
It does. In theory at least.
Good to know. I didn't see anything on their website mentioning eARC so I assumed it wasn't enabled/added. I know the Monolith HTP-1 mentioned the eARC feature on their HDMI board. I know that eARC is a standard feature on HDMI 2.1 and there are some special HDMI 2.0b with HDCP 2.3 that contain eARC. All these HDMI specs are getting more and more confusing. I am just anxiously waiting for HDMI 2.1 to come out to clear this all up (hopefully).

·
Registered
291 Posts
It does. In theory at least.
Good to know. I didn't see anything on their website mentioning eARC so I assumed it wasn't enabled/added. I know the Monolith HTP-1 mentioned the eARC feature on their HDMI board. I know that eARC is a standard feature on HDMI 2.1 and there are some special HDMI 2.0b with HDCP 2.3 that contain eARC. All these HDMI specs are getting more and more confusing. I am just anxiously waiting for HDMI 2.1 to come out to clear this all up (hopefully).
The XMC2 does not support eARC. Only ARC.

eARC will probably be included in the next HDMI upgrade.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The XMC2 does not support eARC. Only ARC.

eARC will probably be included in the next HDMI upgrade.
Thank you for clearing that up, not sure why I thought otherwise. I just checked the manual & you’re right, nowhere is eARC mentioned - only CEC ARC.

(Edit)

Found this over on the Emo board...

“It was an answer to the current hdmi2.0b board having E-ARC capability [no] and will need the 2.1 board that is being worked on. This board wont be a do it yourself option like the 2.0b board but due to complexities will be a factory job. The nice thing is it will be interfacing with the same main board in all of them rather than a separate TI board like the XMC1 - when it turns up but ..“

261 - 280 of 519 Posts