AVS Forum banner

301 - 320 of 519 Posts

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Just a quick heads-up that firmware version 1.1 has dropped and is available for download on the Emotiva site. Apparently it's a full re-write of the HDMI software, as opposed to an incremental build up from the previous HDMI version. I've installed it, and while I haven't had time to put it through its paces completely, switching between inputs does seem to be noticeably faster and more consistent. I'm cautiously optimistic that this version could be a significant step in the right direction.

Glad to hear! Having options for a new processor is a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
291 Posts
Not just HDMI software...

Firmware v1.10 is NOW AVAILABLE...

Dear Emotiva Processor owner...

We have just completed a major update to the firmware for our RMC-1, RMC-1L, and XMC-2 processors.
The new version is v1.10 (one-dot-ten).
We consider this to be a major update that greatly improves the experience for all RMC-1, RMC-1L, and XMC-2 owners and strongly encourage everyone to update.

The original firmware code we developed for the RMC-1 family of processors was based on pre-existing code developed for the XMC-1.
As our processors have developed and evolved, continuing to modify and update this code has become a hindrance, and so the time has arrived for a major rewrite.
This new firmware release represents months of careful clean-up effort and a significant rewrite of the entire operating system.
While we would normally offer a summary of what was addressed in the new code... this time the changes are too broad and numerous to list.
You won't notice any major changes to the menu system... but what you WILL notice is greatly improved speed, reliability, and operational stability.

As we said... we consider this to be a MANDATORY update for all RMC-1, RMC-1L, and XMC-2 owners...
You will find a link on the product page for the firmware update file and detailed instructions...

The Emotiva Engineering Team
5/13/2020

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I have a question to anyone here that went from XMC-1 to XMC-2.
Did anyone try to save your XMC-1 settings to a thumbdrive and load them on to your XMC-2 ? And more importantly, did it work?
I've spent a fair amount of time tweaking my settings and would like to not have to do it again.
Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
14,656 Posts
While we would normally offer a summary of what was addressed in the new code... this time the changes are too broad and numerous to list.
I try to temper my criticism for Emotiva but the above quote just doesn't work for me. Is it really that hard to list what has actually been addressed and improved in the latest firmware update? It just indicates that it was "too much work" for Emotiva to provide that information to their customers. My other question is where is Dirac? If I was an RMC-1, RMC-1L or XMC-2 owner I'd be quite angry by now :rolleyes:.

As our processors have developed and evolved, continuing to modify and update this code has become a hindrance, and so the time has arrived for a major rewrite.
Wow! Well excuse me! I wonder if Emotiva considered what a "hindrance" it's become for the owners of the RMC-1, RMC-1L or XMC-2. Emotiva almost seems to have an attitude that they're doing their customers a "favor" by providing a long needed firmware update.

https://emotivalounge.proboards.com/thread/56835/current-version-rmc-xmc-firmware

Bill

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I try to temper my criticism for Emotiva but the above quote just doesn't work for me. Is it really that hard to list what has actually been addressed and improved in the latest firmware update? It just indicates that it was "too much work" for Emotiva to provide that information to their customers. My other question is where is Dirac? If I was an RMC-1, RMC-1L or XMC-2 owner I'd be quite angry by now :rolleyes:.

Wow! Well excuse me! I wonder if Emotiva considered what a "hindrance" it's become for the owners of the RMC-1, RMC-1L or XMC-2. Emotiva almost seems to have an attitude that they're doing their customers a "favor" by providing a long needed firmware update.

https://emotivalounge.proboards.com/thread/56835/current-version-rmc-xmc-firmware

Bill

Of course you do.

So you don’t actually have any of these models but yet feel the need to decide how other “Owners” should feel - typical of this thread and some of the posters in it, who don’t actually own one. Personally I couldn’t care less that there isn’t a summary of the changes. It works and works very well - kudos to them.

·
Registered
14,656 Posts
Of course you do.

So you don’t actually have any of these models but yet feel the need to decide how other “Owners” should feel - typical of this thread and some of the posters in it, who don’t actually own one. Personally I couldn’t care less that there isn’t a summary of the changes. It works and works very well - kudos to them.
Maybe you should reread my post...
If I was an RMC-1, RMC-1L or XMC-2 owner I'd be quite angry by now :rolleyes:.
Not telling "Owners" how they should feel in the least. Just stated how I'd feel.

I've been interested in the XMC-2 since the announcement due to being a happy XMC-1 owner. So in all honesty feel I have every right to post in this thread voicing my opinions. I've posted many positive reviews of the XMC-1 here and on other A/V forums. In other words giving credit where credit is due. Will do the same if I feel Emotiva is not doing a good job.

Bill

·
Registered
13,133 Posts
It works and works very well - kudos to them.
Bought a car. And it drives. Even shifting gears works very well. Kudos to the manufacturer! :D
Well, gas tank is missing but they will send out a little cart with the tank in it that can be towed by the car. For free!

Reactions: philipbtz

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Bought a car. And it drives. Even shifting gears works very well. Kudos to the manufacturer! :D
Well, gas tank is missing but they will send out a little cart with the tank in it that can be towed by the car. For free!
Why would you complain. If you drove the car without a gas tank it evidently gets from point A to B.

Are you sure it isn't an electric car?

·
Registered
13,133 Posts
Why would you complain. If you drove the car without a gas tank it evidently gets from point A to B.

Are you sure it isn't an electric car?
You're missing the point. Again.

·
Registered
13,133 Posts
I got the point.
Maybe you missed mine. Hint: Some people are never satisfied.
QED, you didn't get the point. The point was, when you need to send kudos to a car manufacturer for producing a working car then something is badly wrong with that manufacturer. Secondly, when you bought something and parts of it don't come with the good or in a way that can only be considered a workaround then there's also something very wrong with the manufacturer.

Let's try another analogy: You order a pizza with your favorite toppings but you only get some of them (kudos!) and the rest is sent via mail 6 months later then you would be fully satisfied?

Maybe it all just depends on the drink you got for free when you ordered? :D

·
Registered
2,034 Posts

My RMC-1 has worked perfectly well in the 6 months since I got it as have many other owners. Pretty poor analogy because the units have been working - a car without a petrol tank just wouldn’t so hardly the same comparison.

·
Oppo Beta Group
11,494 Posts
QED, you didn't get the point. The point was, when you need to send kudos to a car manufacturer for producing a working car then something is badly wrong with that manufacturer. Secondly, when you bought something and parts of it don't come with the good or in a way that can only be considered a workaround then there's also something very wrong with the manufacturer.

Let's try another analogy: You order a pizza with your favorite toppings but you only get some of them (kudos!) and the rest is sent via mail 6 months later then you would be fully satisfied?

Maybe it all just depends on the drink you got for free when you ordered? :D
Welcome everyone to "The *Official* Emotiva XMC-2 analogy thread" :p

Actual owners know what is missing and what is working and not.
Primarily, what is missing is Dirac and expansion slots on the RMC-1.

- Rich

·
Registered
13,133 Posts
My RMC-1 has worked perfectly well in the 6 months since I got it as have many other owners.
If it had "worked perfectly" then why did they need to completely rewrite the firmware to improve "speed, reliability, and operational stability"?

Pretty poor analogy because the units have been working - a car without a petrol tank just wouldn’t so hardly the same comparison.

Well, most analogies are flawed one way or another. Their quality lies in clarification. Guess it didn't work in this case.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Actually wouldnt it be "you bought a car. And it drives. Even shifting gears works very well. Kudos to the manufacturer! :D
Well, the radio is missing ........
because the units do work and just fine. they just need dirac to fully function as advertized. Right? :D

Reactions: steelman1991

·
Registered
13,133 Posts
Primarily, what is missing is Dirac and expansion slots on the RMC-1.
Guess "months of careful clean-up effort and a significant rewrite of the entire operating system" didn't help with that.

·
Registered
13,133 Posts
Actually wouldnt it be "you bought a car. And it drives. Even shifting gears works very well. Kudos to the manufacturer! :D
Well, the radio is missing ........
because the unit do work and just fine. they just need dirac to fully function as advertized. Right? :D
A radio? Guess it's more like the turbocharger is missing. The car still drives, right?

·
Registered
13,133 Posts
As always the lunatics take over the asylum. Now where’s that “ignore” button

Why do you feel personally attacked when someone is criticising a manufacturer or a product you've bought? Is anything I've said incorrect?

301 - 320 of 519 Posts